Pet stops attacking for no reason?

This has been happening to me a lot recently while I've had my pet on Passive. I'm not clicking follow or anything, but he'll randomly start coming to me and stop attacking.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's because he's on passive.... Isn't it supposed to stop attacking when you do, while it's on passive?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Maybe it's because he's on passive.... Isn't it supposed to stop attacking when you do, while it's on passive?
    He'll stop attacking mid-combat out of the blue.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    He'll stop attacking mid-combat out of the blue.
    Hmm... then I have no idea, probably a (known) bug.

Is it while your fighting multiple mobs and he comes back after one dies? Pretty sure if he's on pasive you have to physically order it to attack otherwise it'll return.
    Saying that though, same thing happens to me sometimes when I have mine on defensive. He'll just randomly come back after a mob has died and then run back into the pack when something hits me.

Deleted
    As XanderJS asked, are you fighting multiple mobs while your pet is on passive? If you are, it will return to your side as soon as that mob is dead. There is nothing you can do about it other than making it attack the mob again, or just put it on Defensive/agressive.

Also, are you perhaps pressing Follow by accident? You have to account for everything, and I tend to do that sometimes (oops).
    Last edited by mmoc77a811dae9; 2011-01-23 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Oh ho ho, I'm so skilled with bold letters!

It's not against multiple enemies and I do not have Follow bound to any key besides the stardard CTRL+3 which I never touch.

I only put the pet on passsive when I double CC (trap + sleep) cause he always scurrzz me when he dashes to the CC mob even tho he stops..

put him on defensive its a lot more convenient.