Caviar Black vs Spinpoint f3

So I was curious, everyone recommended the spinpoint yet the newer caviar blacks seem to have better performance specs?

I feel like I'm missing something here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-533-_-Product

Deleted
    The 25 dollar price difference? Which is quite a bit of money for the rather small difference between them.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-01-23 at 08:56 PM.

The WD has 64mb cache and is sata 6gb/s. The actual difference in performance in everyday computing? Not sure, most likely unnoticeable.

If you have a SATA 6GB/s MB and do lots of hard drive intensive tasks then the WD is probably the better choice.
    Last edited by Kupo; 2011-01-23 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    The 25 dollar price difference? Which is quite a bit of money for the rather small difference between them.
    Hm, I just realized that actually. There was some other F3 that was 99 though...whatever that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    The WD has 64mb cache and is sata 6gb/s. The actual difference in performance in everyday computing? Not sure, most likely unnoticeable.

If you have a SATA 6GB/s MB and do lots of hard drive intensive tasks then the WD is probably the better choice.
    SATA3 is purely theoretical on mechanical disc, when it's not capped even by SATA1 connector except in very rare cases. WD Black is marginally faster, but 3% speed difference is not worth 30% price difference.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    SATA3 is purely theoretical on mechanical disc, when it's not capped even by SATA1 connector except in very rare cases. WD Black is marginally faster, but 3% speed difference is not worth 30% price difference.
    I concur. Leaving the only benefit of the extra $25 to the 2 more years of warranty coverage.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Leaving the only benefit of the extra $25 to the 2 more years of warranty coverage.
    Imo, it's worth it for WD's reliability. Plus, the last time I RMA'd a dead drive to WD, they sent me back one twice the size!
    red panda red panda red panda!