Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Dps want spirit?

Just started healing on my priest and I find it so fucking annoying that cloth dps/caster dps needs on my fucking items. Spirit = heals.

Heads up!
    Having a talent that gives spirit = hit is NOT, I repeat NOT, a valid reason to need on a spirit piece when a healer needs it! ARH /rage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitu View Post
    Heads up!
    Having a talent that gives spirit = hit is NOT, I repeat NOT, a valid reason to need on a spirit piece when a healer needs it! ARH /rage
    Yes, it is.

If spirit gear was made for healers only then alot less of it would drop, and you would get gear just as slowly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fail troll.

Yeah all spirit gear is yours, you should have all of it. We should give it all to you because you know everything.
    All caster dps need spirit. Know stuff before you nerd rage and QQ. Or just quit wow since you don't know anything about casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it is a reason, but i think blizz should take that out.
    im sure there is more than enough peopel out there that see a piece of priest gear, (warlock >.>)

and think oo! i can use that, and they have like half priest gear and what doesnt have spirit has hit on it anyways.
    its really a waste of itimization, because you get a reduced hit number, (i.e. its not a 1=1 conversion)

so why even have the talent blizzard? so dummies can spec into it and start wearing spirit and lose out on potential stat points?
    its really pretty fail through and all the way.

Boomkin, Elem Shammy and Shadowpriest all have a valid reason to roll on Spirit gear.
    There is a 1:1 conversion rate from spirit to hit in their talents.
    So for them Spirit=Hit just spelt differently.
    Thats my opinion anyways
    :P
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

15+ Year Old Account
    Heads up!
    Yes it is. If you can use it and it's an upgrade, roll on it. That's it.

are you implying there's hit gear we should need instead?

You don't play on EU-Antonidas, don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erotix View Post
    yeah it is a reason, but i think blizz should take that out.
    im sure there is more than enough peopel out there that see a piece of priest gear, (warlock >.>)

and think oo! i can use that, and they have like half priest gear and what doesnt have spirit has hit on it anyways.
    its really a waste of itimization, because you get a reduced hit number, (i.e. its not a 1=1 conversion)

so why even have the talent blizzard? so dummies can spec into it and start wearing spirit and lose out on potential stat points?

It IS a 1 = 1 conversion. Look it up. If I have 600 spirit, I have 600 hit rating. All casters need spirit gear, stop saying spirit gear is for priests only.

plus they can reforge spirit so.....

10+ Year Old Account
    as ppl above said, its not urs, if u benefit u need as simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    All casters need spirit gear, stop saying spirit gear is for priests only.
    spirit does nothing for mages so^^

Deleted
    Nope. Wrong. 100 spirit = 100 hit for Shadow Priests, Balance Druids and Elemental Shamans. Every other caster, which actually just leaves warlock and mage, can F off if they want spirit gear. But those three specs are allowed to take spirit gear just as much as any healer is. Until they are hit-capped, one way or the other, Spirit is a good stat.

I still don't think caster dps can't need on spirit gear when a healer needs it. Healer benefits more from spirit, casters can still get hit rating gear which is of no use to healers.
    Last edited by xcitu; 2011-01-23 at 09:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? I must've missed the Warlock and Mage talent points that give hit for spirit. Oh right, because they're not there. Spriests should roll on spirit gear over hit, simply because it's 1:1 and spirit at least helps you regen mana faster. Mages and Warlocks rolling on spirit cloth should be dragged outside and shot.

CAVEAT: An upgrade is an upgrade, no matter what stats are present. Whether or not it's an upgrade is situational.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's plain and simple cloth gear with spirit = priest gear (of every spec). the only people who shouldnt be rolling on spirit gear period are mages and warlocks. now i see how they can see this as unfair because their only choice is hit gear while spriests can roll on hit and spirit items. solution i could see to this is when you get the conversion talent it makes hit as a stat on gear worthelss to you (though i would say this would suck on certain aspects for my spriest sincei have some gear with spirit and another stat reforged to hit).
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    spirit does nothing for mages so^^
    Regen mana...? All casters benefit from spirit, it's not like it's a waste to give it to a non-healer.

i.e. its not a 1=1 conversion
    Yes it is

Having a talent that gives spirit = hit is NOT, I repeat NOT, a valid reason to need on a spirit piece when a healer needs it
    If its leather/mail, then there are no other alternatives, and that gear is supposed to be shared.
    If its cloth, the point is debatable (since there actually exists hit cloth) but that shadowpriest is probably
    taking less gear from us when he needs on spirit gear, since he can gear 2 specs at once that way.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Erm, it IS a 1 to 1 conversion...

1 spirit will equal 1 hit for a DPS with that talent... Please don't speak if you don't know for a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Regen mana...? All casters benefit from spirit, it's not like it's a waste to give it to a non-healer.
    That regen does not work in combat. The 5 second rule has been removed. Mages and Warlocks have 0, zero, nada use for spirit.