Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Mages and warlocks don't .....

On topic, if it has "Hit" as a 2nd stat then it's dps, else it is a healing item
    Wrong. Plenty of solid caster gear with no hit on it. Get some reasonable gear and you'll find that hit cap isn't hard to reach.

Deleted
    Comparison of cloth gear with itemlevel 359 currently only available through raids. This excludes BOE, reputation and Tier items:

Chest: 1 spirit, 1 hit
    Feet: 1 spirit, 1 with no hit
    Hands: 1 spirit, 1 with no hit
    Head: 2 spirit, 1 with no hit
    Legs: 1 spirit, 1 hit, 1 with random enchant
    Shoulder: 1 spirit, 1 with no hit
    Waist: 1 spirit, 1 with no hit, 1 with random enchant
    Wrist: 1 spirit, 1 with no hit

This means that the cloth drops have been set for Mages and Warlocks, 2 full classes, 6 specs in total, to fight over one type of gear, and priests, of all 3 specs, to fight over the other. There is NO reason to exclude Shadow from taking spirit gear. For leather and mail, everything has spirit on it. Point is moot.

Edit: If mages and warlocks had ANY use for spirit, it would be on their Tier gear. Since there hasn't been any spirit on any Mage or Warlock Tier gear since tier 9 in the last expansion, take the hint ;-) And btw, Tier 11 for Shadowpriests does have spirit on it.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2011-01-23 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit didn't even affect mage armor, it affected molten armor. Mage armor hasn't changed much.
    Borador

Props to Sanistra for the awesome signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitu View Post
    Just started healing on my priest and I find it so fucking annoying that cloth dps/caster dps needs on my fucking items. Spirit = heals.

Heads up!
    Having a talent that gives spirit = hit is NOT, I repeat NOT, a valid reason to need on a spirit piece when a healer needs it! ARH /rage
    So its ok if dps go oom and cant do job huh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    No specs (SP, Elem and Boomkin included) get in combat mana regen from Spirit.

Healer specs get that from their specialization bonus (Meditation).

However, these specs have the utmost right to roll need on spirit gear, as hit is the most important stat before cap.
    I agree with you, except for the point about hit (or spirit) being the most important stat for all of them. In the case of elemental, and balance it is true, but for shadow priests however, haste is better than hit, and crit has about the same stat weight as hit/spirit, with intellect having about 2.5 times the value of hit.

^ That is just me being picky, but meh. If a class has a talent to convert spirit to hit (priest, shaman and druid) they should be able to roll on the item, period. Seeing as how shadow priests are often discussed in this, please regard the fact that they have to compete with 2 other classes (mage and warlock) of ANY spec for hit cloth, whereas they only have to compete with fellow priests when it comes to spirit gear. 6 specs (hit) vs 3 specs (spirit).

Wow, I didn't even realize Warlocks and Mages do not have a talent that converts spirit to hit. Blizzard failed once again. They should make spirit convert to hit for Warlocks and Mages in ANY TREE. That would solve this debacle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spirit = Dps and Heals...Too bad get over it QQ more etc....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dindo View Post
    Erm, it IS a 1 to 1 conversion...

1 spirit will equal 1 hit for a DPS with that talent... Please don't speak if you don't know for a fact.
    Spirit benefits from BoK/MotW, making spirit better stat than hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    *SIGH* spirit gives no in combat regen, seriously why are so many people so dense?

There is no "debacle" there are cloth items with hit, DPS can roll on those.
    Trolling troll, trolled

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    *SIGH* spirit gives no in combat regen, seriously why are so many people so dense?

There is no "debacle" there are cloth items with hit, DPS can roll on those.
    They wouldn't have to make these particular cloth items specialized for Locks/Mages if there was an automatic spirit to hit converter for those classes jack wabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    It IS a 1 = 1 conversion. Look it up. If I have 600 spirit, I have 600 hit rating. All casters need spirit gear, stop saying spirit gear is for priests only.
    This is incorrect. Shadow priests, Elemental Shaman and Boomkins have a talent to convert spirit to hit. Warlocks and Mages to not. The only way locks and mages can use spirit is to reforge 40% of it to something else. That still leaves lots of spirit that has no purpose. These two classes used to have other ways to use spirit - but those other ways to use spirit no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanow View Post
    Might want to re-think that statement.

Deleted
    Blessing of Kings: Places a Blessing on the friendly target, increasing Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Intellect by 5%, and all magical resistances by xxx for 1 hour.

Mark of the Wild: Increases the friendly target's Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Intellect by 5%, and all magical resistances by xxx for 1 hour.

No spirit bonus.

Deleted
    human shadow priests get more hit from spirit than they do from hit.... go figure

Ouch, were you born that stupid or did you get more dummier when you grew up? First off, spirit is as good for Balance druids, elemental shamans and shadow priests as for any healer out there. I play a balance druid, I'Ve ran a few heroics, most items I see are spirit+haste, spirit+mastery, spirit+crit, I bearly see freakin items with hit rating. Im almost full spirit geared as boomkin, I just reached hit cap. I doubt blizzard made this 1:1 spirit=hit talents for these 3 speccs for no reason. They wants Shadow priests, ele shammys and boomkins to get spirit gear for hit rating. Its like saying stamina is better for Druids than warriors cuz they get more hp when transformed into bear. LIES. Go read some patchnotes/Expack notes or something, or something about this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't. They changed that with 4.0.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbabyjd View Post
    They wouldn't have to make these particular cloth items specialized for Locks/Mages if there was an automatic spirit to hit converter for those classes jack wabbit.
    They wouldn't have to make gear without spirit either. Then everyone would have spirit on every piece of gear and be way over hitcap.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitu View Post
    Just started healing on my priest and I find it so fucking annoying that cloth dps/caster dps needs on my fucking items. Spirit = heals.

Heads up!
    Having a talent that gives spirit = hit is NOT, I repeat NOT, a valid reason to need on a spirit piece when a healer needs it! ARH /rage
    Be prepared for an entire thread of people saying the same thing over and over:

You're wrong. It is indeed a VERY valid reason to roll on an item. We need 1750+ hit to be capped (generally, don't hate for the lack of perfect numbers here) and since spirit can translate to hit, it's fair game. In fact, that is EXACTLY why Blizz did that - so gear won't be wasted. Speaking of wasted, your post is pretty much a waste of time because I'm betting you're the type of person who won't admit they could be wrong.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    it's plain and simple cloth gear with spirit = priest gear (of every spec). the only people who shouldnt be rolling on spirit gear period are mages and warlocks. now i see how they can see this as unfair because their only choice is hit gear while spriests can roll on hit and spirit items. solution i could see to this is when you get the conversion talent it makes hit as a stat on gear worthelss to you (though i would say this would suck on certain aspects for my spriest sincei have some gear with spirit and another stat reforged to hit).

That's the problem as I see it. A DPS who gains hit from spirit has both hit gear and spirit gear available to chose from, a healer has only spirit. I thought the intention of this change was to make it easier for healers to respec DPS without having to change their gear around so much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Gives a Buff View Post
    No it doesn't. They changed that with 4.0.3.
    oh, my bad then.