Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    All of you guys do not give valid rebuttals regarding my comments. I have stated that IF Blizzard implemented an automatic spirit to hit conversion for Warlocks and Mages there would be no problem (coming from a Holy/Disc Priest) when it came down to rolling need on a cloth item with spirit. BLIZZARD SHOULD STEER AWAY FROM SPECIALIZED CLOTH ITEMS FOR THESE 2 CLASSES. I.E. Cloth items with hit rating. It's ludicrous and Blizzard will probably change it within the near future. So for all you nay-sayers out there, I guarantee you that Blizzard will apply a spirit to hit conversion for both the Warlock and Mage fairly soon. There is no reason why they shouldn't and it would cease all these pointless arguments about gear rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    Stop telling people this! It was meant to reduce loot tables because no one liked seeing that MP5 leather/mail shit drop week after week when the healer got it on the first go round. More people use more gear and less is wasted.
    Because both can't be true, right? lol Yes blizz likes the reduced loot tables, but the fact that only hybrids (HEALERS!) have spirit to hit talents, and mage and locks were specificly changed to not scale with spirit means it does have something to do with making gearing both specs easier for healers...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    It's unfair that healers can only roll on spirit gear without people bitching at them but it's fine that DPS have the luxury of rolling on any gear they want. "It might be a LARGER upgrade for the healer, but I'M ENTITLED to ANY gear I want! QQ moar!" seems to be the mentality of DPS.
    And what if it was a larger upgrade for the dps? I think you missed most of this thread. A talent for several specs makes some 'healer' gear equally viable to some dps.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Come back when you've lost Tear of Blood Heroic 3+ times to DPS.
    Lost mine to a feral druid with healing OS.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

For ele shamans, balance druids and shadow priests, spirit is BETTER than normal hit rating, because it gives regen in addition to hit, which is needed for dps as well at current tier. Less time using mana regen cds= more dps uptime.

When it comes to mages and warlocks, they should pass on spirit items for healers and rather roll offspec (Even if they will reforge the spirit).

This is my opinion, and I'm a holy priest if that has anything to say.

EDIT: I'm more curious if healers are allowed to roll on items without spirit nor hit.
    Last edited by dumkin; 2011-01-23 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitu View Post
    Just started healing on my priest and I find it so fucking annoying that cloth dps/caster dps needs on my fucking items. Spirit = heals.

Heads up!
    Having a talent that gives spirit = hit is NOT, I repeat NOT, a valid reason to need on a spirit piece when a healer needs it! ARH /rage
    Sif Shadowpriests can't roll on Spirit gear. Get over yourself already and stop blaming your shortcomings as a healer on other people rolling on spirit gear.

Deleted
    And ele shamans.
    elemental shamans are hybrid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbabyjd View Post
    All of you guys do not give valid rebuttals regarding my comments. I have stated that IF Blizzard implemented an automatic spirit to hit conversion for Warlocks and Mages there would be no problem (coming from a Holy/Disc Priest) when it came down to rolling need on a cloth item with spirit. BLIZZARD SHOULD STEER AWAY FROM SPECIALIZED CLOTH ITEMS FOR THESE 2 CLASSES. I.E. Cloth items with hit rating. It's ludicrous and Blizzard will probably change it within the near future. So for all you nay-sayers out there, I guarantee you that Blizzard will apply a spirit to hit conversion for both the Warlock and Mage fairly soon. There is no reason why they shouldn't and it would cease all these pointless arguments about gear rolls.
    So you want Blizzard to erase hit rating from the game and make it all spirit instead? But they just finished removing spirit from mage/warlock gear, I doubt they'd change it back. The problem in your scenario of course is that the current loot tables aren't balanced around it.

15+ Year Old Account
    And what if it was a larger upgrade for the dps? I think you missed most of this thread. A talent for several specs makes some 'healer' gear equally viable to some dps.
    What about raids? Should DPS go into raids without being hit capped just so they can roll on spirit gear?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Because both can't be true, right? lol Yes blizz likes the reduced loot tables, but the fact that only hybrids (HEALERS!) have spirit to hit talents, and mage and locks were specificly changed to not scale with spirit means it does have something to do with making gearing both specs easier for healers...
    Or like I said, so that gear doesn't get wasted. I do not know a single healer (and I'm in a 25m raiding guild) that uses or even HAS dps OS. Even our resto shaman is enh OS.

Plus you're building people's hopes up that all of us booms/eles/spriests are gonna be healing their randoms and reducing queue times because we totally have a heal OS. Not... :-p

Also, if we're gearing appropriately, we're valuing combat ratings differently. If I was an ele/resto shaman, I wouldn't like having to reforge my gear every time I switched and I'd be nastily over hit cap as most healers have about 1000 more spirit than me.
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrayze View Post
    OK so i have one question. There might be a simple, reasonable answer. If so, then say it.

Why doesnt the talent go both ways? Where 100% of Spirit goes into Hit. Why cant i have 100% hit go into my Spirit? So i can roll on you casters' hit gear?
    Because if a shadow priest were to wear hit gear with a 100% hit = spirit talent, and 100% spirit = hit talent, they would get 200% benefit from hit and spirit on gear, and/or require extra coding work.

Also because as it is... spirit cloth = priest. spirit leather = druid. spirit mail = shaman. Spirit Plate = palys. Period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliceinhell View Post
    Sif Shadowpriests can't roll on Spirit gear. Get over yourself already and stop blaming your shortcomings as a healer on other people rolling on spirit gear.
    I like how so many DPS lash out childishly like this. "OP doesn't like DPS rolling on spirit, THEREFORE HE MUST BE A TERRIBLE HEALER!! LOL I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW!"

Address your insecurity issues.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitu View Post
    Just started healing on my priest and I find it so fucking annoying that cloth dps/caster dps needs on my fucking items. Spirit = heals.

Heads up!
    Having a talent that gives spirit = hit is NOT, I repeat NOT, a valid reason to need on a spirit piece when a healer needs it! ARH /rage

Hai you must be new to this game but let me tell you

Hit is the best stat for casters, every caster....yep EVERY one

some classes they are 2-5x better then any other stat

so when that cloth item drops...you actually have competition now...so cry moar

Quote Originally Posted by saufs0ldat View Post
    So you want Blizzard to erase hit rating from the game and make it all spirit instead? But they just finished removing spirit from mage/warlock gear, I doubt they'd change it back. The problem in your scenario of course is that the current loot tables aren't balanced around it.
    They can easily tack it back on mage/warlock gear and make spirit convert to hit for both those classes in any spec.

Or like I said, so that gear doesn't get wasted. I do not know a single healer (and I'm in a 25m raiding guild) that uses or even HAS dps OS. Even our resto shaman is enh OS.
    Or like i said, BOTH. Pls read a bit, and get of your broken loop. ;/ And half the healers in my guild have caster dps offspecs. Your tiny personal sample means nothing.
    Last edited by openair; 2011-01-23 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrayze View Post
    OK so i have one question. There might be a simple, reasonable answer. If so, then say it.

Why doesnt the talent go both ways? Where 100% of Spirit goes into Hit. Why cant i have 100% hit go into my Spirit? So i can roll on you casters' hit gear?
    Read my comparison post on page 3. There's more gear WITH spirit dropping than there is WITHOUT it. You have 1 class rolling for spirit, 2 classes rolling for hit. Would you rather fight with mages and warlocks for gear, like you have since the beginning of the game, than ONE single DPS spec on gear that actually drops more of than any other type of gear?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    What about raids? Should DPS go into raids without being hit capped just so they can roll on spirit gear?
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. But I assume you're meaning that for an item to be a larger upgrade for me than a healer, that I'm under hit cap and want the spirit. Well here is a perfect example:

Let's say I have blue shoulders. They have spirit and crit on it. Epic shoulders with spirit and haste on it would be a huge upgrade for me because haste is far more valuable. I'm not wanting it for extra spirit (although that would mean I could take the reforging off a single item) but rather for the other rating on it.

Deleted
    if it's an upgrade i'll roll on it. stfu, if you want to reserve loot go with a guild group

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Hit is the best stat for casters, every caster....yep EVERY one
    some classes they are 2-5x better then any other stat
    urrrrr....wut?
    INT is the best stat for every caster. yep EVERY ONE!
    For Shadowpriests, Haste is the next best and Spirit/Hit ONLY after that.
    For Enhancement Shamans (Yes, caster still!) Hit is way down there, nowhere near the top.

Go do some theorycrafting and you might learn a thing or two.

15+ Year Old Account
    OMAGAWD MAH SPIRIT GEAR! I'M A HEALER I NEED DEM ITAMZ STACKED UP MY ASS PRETTY PLEASE.
    that sums pretty much up what I read from that threat - at least from those who seem to be healers.

get used to the fact that there is pretty much not one single item anymore that is useful for one spec only - dungen/raid drops ofc. because there is one green gun or so that has dodge or sth on it, which makes it useful for prot warriors only, and I'm pretty sure that someone will call me on that item otherwise °.^