WOW is no longer fun

wow after 3 years of playing i think wow finally got boring, maybe its because im alliance thats why, and also because maybe the other new mmos on the horizon look better then wow? i dont wanna quit because i have lotsa friends in wow but what should i do?

You're probably burnt out, I feel the exact same way right now. I'm just playing Starcraft in the meantime

Deleted
    roll another class, if you were PvEing do PvP...

oh god here we go

inb4 the "no mmo will kill WoW" kiddies come in

Deleted
    Maybe you should take a break for a while, that could help.

I dunno what being Ally has to do with anything. XD I got toons on both sides. People exaggerate how different the two sides are.

Would you min elaborating on WHY its boring though. You essentially said "Its boring, I wonder why..." Instead of "Its boring because....blah blah blah."

If you're bored, take a break. Play another game. The worst thing you can do it feel that your are obligated to play WoW, because then you just get frustrated. Take a break, however long it takes, and see if it refreshes for you. Other than that, if that doesn't fix it, it looks like you may want to find a new hobby.
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

the only thing thats keeping me in wow is friends

Like I said above, if you are feeling like you have to stay there, then you are just going to get frustrated. Take a break, or don't, and let it ruin you. It's your choice, not ours.
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

If you dont like it, quit. You can always get your friends email addresses or get together with them on aim, msn messanger, or google chat. No reason to play a game you dont enjoy.

Or you could try playing horde, level naked from 1 to 85, collect achievements.. do things that you haven't done and change the game up and make new expiriences.

10+ Year Old Account
    New MMO on horizon is Project Titan... in like... 10 years maybe

If you don't like the game, don't play. You can always still talk to your friends over an instant messenger or get on vent with them while you do other stuff. I'm still in touch with a lot of ex-wow players.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    oh god here we go

inb4 the "no mmo will kill WoW" kiddies come in
    you mean realists?

Do you have steam? If not, ask if your friends in WoW have steam. You can add them to steam, and play other games, still chat with them, or even play other games with your friends. I have a connection of friends that I play WoW with, L4D, TF2, KF, and now even DCUO with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    the only thing thats keeping me in wow is friends
    indeed, friends and pvp keep me in wow, just cuz it is fun to make ppl mad in game
    also trollin and talkin nonsense in guild chat, general chat!
    Learn about consequences before try something.

Deleted
    If you are tired of WoW and MMO's in general, go play CSS.

take a break of wow. I leave wow twice a year because of university studies and I feel I'll never be bored of it.