Which Heirlooms for Leveling Priest?

So i have the Cloth Chest, Tattered Deadmist Robe (+4 all stats enchant), Cloth Shoulders, Tattered Deadmist Mantle, The Staff, Dignified Headmasters Charge (+22 int encahnt), and the Cloak, Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak.

All of these are for casters, and provide Int, Stam, Crit, and SP bonuses. But no Spirit.

I plan on running DPS most of the time to lvl quickly but also am rolling a priest to learn how to heal. Are these Heirlooms good enough? Im worried because they do not have spirit attached to them.

Should I enchant my items with spirit as I go to compensate?

Any help is appreciated, thx experts.
    Last edited by DMac84; 2011-01-23 at 11:36 PM.

Don't forget the cloak from guild perks!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkenn View Post
    Don't forget the cloak from guild perks!
    Oh and I have the cloak lol thx

There's the mace heirloom with spirit, but I think it's one of the PvP heirlooms.

Not sure what you mean with "enchant my items with spirit as you go", you can't enchant them only with enchants without requirements. If you mean other items, don't worry, with that gear you overgear every instance you enter automatically in the old world

Afterwards you get enough gear

You can always fill out the other slots with items that have spirit if you find it necessary but you shouldn't need much, if any, during the early levels.

Spirit's honestly not a problem until you hit Outland level, and by then you will most likely have plenty on your other gear. You might want to think about maybe switching out for a staff with huge amounts of Spirit (unless you can reforge the Heirloom one) when you start doing normal Cataclysm dungeons if you're having a hard time regaining mana, but until then it shouldn't be a problem as most instances are fairly easy.

You'll be fine. I leveled my priest with the same and had no issues, especially as shadow. Between Dispertion, Shadow Fiend, mana pots and Replenishment, you wont notice not having spirit on your heirlooms.
    Alliance 85:Fire/Arcane
    Horde 85: Holy/Retribution Restoration/Elemental Survival/Marksman Restoration/Balance Assassination/Subtlety Shadow/Shadow Unholy/Frost Affliction/Demonology Protection/Arms

I think mana wont be a problem leveling with the current talents.

Like your about to start doing, I'm leveling a priest with the heirloom gear. I have the pve robe, pvp shoulders, pve staff, int trinket and the guild cloak. You can heal just fine with the heirloom gear, as long as you take spirit pieces for the non heirloom slots. I don't think spirit enchants are necessary.

Decked out in that many heirlooms you will never have any problem with anything. :P
    You will level extremely fast, you probably won't get other items anywhere near fast enough to keep each piece up to date to your level. Get spirit on all the other items if you want, but it shouldn't really matter much. I personally would just run around in that deck untill you ding 80-ish, where most of them stop scaling.

When you get to that point, start worrying about spirit. You almost certainly need not worry before that. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't really need that much spirit until probably Outland and even after that you don't need spirit on every piece of gear. Just equip the Intellect heirloom gear and try to get Spirit pieces in all other slots and you should do perfectly fine.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

you can equip two of the int/%mana restore trinkets

Deleted
    mana trinkets ftw !! u will always gain exp. u will always gain mana.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Spirit's honestly not a problem until you hit Outland level, and by then you will most likely have plenty on your other gear. You might want to think about maybe switching out for a staff with huge amounts of Spirit (unless you can reforge the Heirloom one) when you start doing normal Cataclysm dungeons if you're having a hard time regaining mana, but until then it shouldn't be a problem as most instances are fairly easy.
    Can't reforge items below ilvl 200. And by Cataclysm dungeons the heirlooms will stop scaling (level 80) and greens will be much better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    mana trinkets ftw !! u will always gain exp. u will always gain mana.
    You need to get the killing blow for those to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".