Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedoso View Post
    If you are trying to farm for Zin'rohk it is worth having two Archeologists, due to the fact that once you pass 450 Arch you have less chance of Troll digsites to pop up.
    Source on this? sounds like you are pulling it out of your...

Quote Originally Posted by Exaltednun View Post
    Source on this? sounds like you are pulling it out of your...
    At 450 the Tol'Vir open up, which adds lowers your chances of getting a Troll site on Kalimdor. Aside from that I haven't noticed this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWeaver View Post
    You can dual wield the scimitar of the sirocco and the nifflevar bearded axe. You need two characters to get these items though.
    1. Why would you use an 80 weapon?

2. Out of ignorance of mechanics, why would you need to characters?

Deleted
    The advantage of having archeology on two characters is the exciting and thrilling job of leveling to 525 twice.

The only benefit, as other have said, is to get a second copy of the Non-Unique Epics for Dual Wielding purposes (so...a Fury warrior or a DK, since they're both swords).

Said weapons would be the 1-handed Epic swords from the Tol'vir, and Zin'Rokh.

To Clarify: I'm not sure whether or not Zin'rokh is unique. However, I know for certain that the one-handers from Tol'vir are not.

Therefore, the only guaranteed benefit is the ability to pimp out your DW Frost DK with two of those awesome scimitars and proceed to destroy DPS meters. Happy Hunting!

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 04:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raht View Post
    1. Why would you use an 80 weapon?

2. Out of ignorance of mechanics, why would you need to characters?
    1) Scimitar of the Sirocco is a lvl 85 epic, so using that would make sense

2) You cannot find the "rare" items more than once on a character. So if you want to Dual-Wield the Scimitars, you need to grind out the second one on another toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipsin View Post
    At 450 the Tol'Vir open up, which adds lowers your chances of getting a Troll site on Kalimdor. Aside from that I haven't noticed this at all.
    Dwarven digsites in Twilight Highlands start popping at 450, reducing the percentage of Troll digsites in Eastern Kingdoms, too.

Edit: Zin'Rokh is unique. Scimitar of Sirocco is not. I can't imagine the pain of farming two of those, though.
    Last edited by Biaxident; 2011-01-24 at 08:43 AM.

[The weapon really isn't good enough to justify such psychotic behavior. ]
    not to mention the % of finding it < 450 are like... 0.00001

15+ Year Old Account
    The point is you level to 450 without solving any troll artifacts, getting extra troll digsites and not having to dig at all in twilight highlands which has some of the most irritating digsites to dig at. Then when you hit 450, you solve all the troll artifacts you saved and pray for zin'rokh :P. Once you're at 450, you can just solve them as you go but for me thats more stressful so I like stockpiling then just having the suspense of solving each for a short time :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedoso View Post
    due to the fact that once you pass 450 Arch you have less chance of X digsites to pop up.
    Is there a source for this cause i'm seeing it a lot but missing the source

Achievement is the only reason.

The epics are only ilvl 359 and do not scale. So no, IMO it's not worth the time to dual wield them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look up one comment :P. The reason is that after 450, you unlock twilight highlands, which is only dwarven sites. Logic dictates that more dwarf digsites possible without any extra troll digsites will lead to a lower percentage of the digsites being troll. There is also the fact those digsites in Twilight highlands frequently have high lvl mobs in them and there is one which is by Grim Batol which can even lead to you dieing easily if your not careful. So a lot of people prefer to farm for troll fragments before 450. This used to be even more slanted that way because vash'r used to have digsites which were really a pain (from what I hear, I wasnt above 450 at that point) but they removed them. Also if you look at the stickies, I believe one of them has a chart showing the rough odds of each race appearing in each continent both pre and post 450.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    Look up one comment :P. The reason is that after 450, you unlock twilight highlands, which is only dwarven sites. Logic dictates that more dwarf digsites possible without any extra troll digsites will lead to a lower percentage of the digsites being troll. There is also the fact those digsites in Twilight highlands frequently have high lvl mobs in them and there is one which is by Grim Batol which can even lead to you dieing easily if your not careful. So a lot of people prefer to farm for troll fragments before 450. This used to be even more slanted that way because vash'r used to have digsites which were really a pain (from what I hear, I wasnt above 450 at that point) but they removed them. Also if you look at the stickies, I believe one of them has a chart showing the rough odds of each race appearing in each continent both pre and post 450.
    Ah cool thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Is there a source for this cause i'm seeing it a lot but missing the source
    http://wowdigsite.com/digsites/race-distribution/

I levelled up archaeology on my 2nd toon in hopes of Zin. My 3rd toon has Arch but is only like level 10 because I dug up some sites while levelling herbalism.

I don't regret levelling my 2nd toon to 450 since I went from 80-84.