Problem with NIC

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with my network card.

I have a realtek onboard network card which i have been using for over a year with no problems. Over the weekend i upgraded my psu and gpu now every few hours i lose network connection.

What happens is that ill be on the net or playing wow and ill lose connection and i look in the taskbar and the network icon has a X on it and telling me there is no network cable plugged in even tho there is. The only way to fix it is to restart the pc or I have to go into device manager disable the nic and re-enable it and it gets fixed again. The problem is that I dont mind this happening but when it happens in arena I cant get back on time and I dont know why its happening. I deleted the original drivers that came with windows 7 and downloaded the drivers from gigabytes website for my realtek that didnt change anything i changed my cable and ports on the router that did nothing as well but i know it has nothing to do with router or cable because there is 3 other people using the same router and nothing happens to them. Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Have you called your internet service provider?They might be able to answer your questions more accurately than anyone here

I dont see ISP having any connection to this problem I have. There is 3 other people playing wow on the same router and ISP and nothing happens to them.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is the new Cpu much,much,much newer then the Motherboard, if it is that try to Flash your motherbord with the newest firmware.
    Thats the first thing that comes to my mind.

Cus if the new Cpu is much never, then the motherbord, without the correct drivers. Cant handle it, and so will send wrong signals.
    Had the problem myself, but not on my Internet conn, cant remeber on what, but it was similar.

Hope im helping, Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kerak View Post
    Is the new Cpu much,much,much newer then the Motherboard, if it is that try to Flash your motherbord with the newest firmware.
    Thats the first thing that comes to my mind.

Cus if the new Cpu is much never, then the motherbord, without the correct drivers. Cant handle it, and so will send wrong signals.
    Had the problem myself, but not on my Internet conn, cant remeber on what, but it was similar.

Hope im helping, Cheers
    I didnt get a new cpu
    I got a new power supply unit and graphics card :S

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 11:23 AM ----------

Oh i forgot to mention the power save mode on the nic is disabled before anyone suggests that