Poll: Which is the easier raid?

Which is the easier raid to start with in cata?

my guild has been dead since a few weeks of cata and in a attempt to help it i'm gathering information about raiding
    I would like to know which raid is the easier of the three?

basically the first bosses of eatch of the raids are easy on normal 10/25man.
    magmaw, omnitron, council of the 4 winds, and halfus.
    after that i would say BWD is easier until you get to nef.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    basically the first bosses of eatch of the raids are easy on normal 10/25man.
    magmaw, omnitron, council of the 4 winds, and halfus.
    I would rank Conclave after Halfus, but other than that, this pretty much sums it up. Maloriak after that for sure.

Deleted
    It's not so much one Raid being easier than the others, it's the bosses. You'll end up hopping between Blackwing Descent and Bastion of Twilight at first as they have the easiest three bosses: Magmaw, Omnotron and Halfus. Depending on your group, you'll find one of these the easiest.

Its a mix. You cant just say ok lets clear bwd then we will be set for bot. Or other way around. with bwd not really gated to much you can have your pick.

---------- Post added 2011-06-04 at 06:28 PM ----------

Our guilds very first ever cata raid fight was a one shot of halfus. If your just getting your feet wet start their then head to bwd. imo

Deleted
    Thought I'd use this thread. After Halfus, Omnotron and Magmaw, roughly what order are they in terms of difficulty?
    Conclave > Maloriak > ???

our guild did something like Halfus, Magmaw, Omnitron first, then the 2 dragons, Maloriak and Atramedes, then Ascendant council and Chimearon.

We put off throne for awhile since we wanted to focus on hem, but Conclave is around the level of the first three I'de say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nefarion, Al'akir, Cho'gal = Hard
    Omitron, Halfus, magmaw and throne princes = easy with a spice of medium
    Rest is lala

Now Sinestra is still mad as I cheated on her with alexstrasza and Ysera ...... bitch tried to burn me

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

10+ Year Old Account
    BoT for sure.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go with BoT for sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souleater View Post
    my guild has been dead since a few weeks of cata and in a attempt to help it i'm gathering information about raiding
    I would like to know which raid is the easier of the three?
    At the risk of sounding snotty, your guild died ~6 months ago and this poll was the best you could come up with?

So I don't feel like a total asshat, check http://www.wowprogress.com/ and scroll down to the bottom, you can see how many guilds have killed which bosses. You can also filter (in the middle) the results into 25m, 10m or both.

25m more guilds have killed the first 2 in BWD than BoT (or ToT4W)
    10m same
    combined same

Which proves I'm a clueless cretin as I voted for BoT . Assuming you were asking from a guild raiding point of view, not a pugging point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    After those first 4, my guild went Maloriak > V&T > AC > Atra > Chim > Cho > Nef > Al'akir

Even though we did BoT first, our BWD progression went faster. Wouldn't recommend To4W at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Normal, my comprehensive list is... (ASSUMING you are 10 man)

Halfus
    Magmaw
    Omnitron
    Conclave of Wind
    Atramedes
    Chimaeron
    Maloriak
    Valiona & Theralion
    Ascendant Council
    Al'akir
    Cho'gall
    Nefarian

Swap a few, but that's generally what I consider the "order".

No 1 place is "easier" but overall (not including Nefarian) I found BWD much easier.

Deleted
    Just choose one out of:

Magmaw (BWD)
    Omnotron (BWD)
    Halfus (BoT)
    Conclave of Winds (TotFW)

for your first boss. Halfus is the easiest with correct drakes, but the drake setup varies. It's not really hard with a bad drake setup either so if your raid isn't herp derp and is 353 geared it should be a piece of cake regardless. Omnotron requires people to be atleast half-awake. Magmaw requires err... some skills from healers and Conclave needs some coordination. Choose what you believe suits your raid the best.

After those four pretty much all of the other bosses available to you except Al'akir are roughly equally hard. Though if you aren't too bad and can kill one of those fast, there's no reason to switch instance: just go ahead and try the next boss.

Chimaeron takes more from healers and dps than any other boss while Atramedes is all about people not being retarded. Maloriak and Valiona & Theralion are pretty much a balance between those two.

Ascendant Council after that is not really a hard fight. Obvious mechanics that need to be avoided with plenty of warning and a dps check at the end. It is harder than Chimaeron/Maloriak/Atramedes/Valiona & Theralion, but not much harder. You could just go here directly after V&T instead of switching instance if you happen to be there anyway.

For end bosses Al'akir and Cho'gall are both equally easy. Many claim that Al'akir is harder, but nah. Still, if you have good dps and/or good ranged aoe you'll probably want to try Cho'gall. Al'akir can be done with pretty much any setup that has 1 tank and 3 (doable with 2, I know, but 3 is standard) healers without problems.

Nefarian is by far the hardest normal boss of this tier and I'd claim it can be harder or equally challenging as some of the easiest heroic modes (Halfus, Atramedes)

And to actually answer the OP's question: Apart from Nefarian BWD is slightly easier than BoT without Cho'gall.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-06-05 at 11:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 or 25?

At any rate, all of them are pretty easy in Normal mode. Might struggle a bit with the end bosses, but that's about it.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Now Sinestra is still mad as I cheated on her with alexstrasza and Ysera ...... bitch tried to burn me
    I definitely giggled at this.

OT: Like the others said, do a little bit of each. If I recall, we did Halfus, then Conclave, then V+T, then Magmaw/Omnotron, then went from there. It kept things from feeling repetitive by going to each raid a little bit at a time (instead of being like ugh, not BWD again ).

honestly?halfus is so tank and spank i still dont see why people dont go here 1st. alot of people seem to start with BWD..i guess its the lure of nefarian.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Halfus>Magmaw>omno>V&T(or atram)>Atram(or V&T>chim>maloriak>conclave>BoT council>Cho'gall>Al'akir>Nef, thats how I did it back in the "good ol' time"

Deleted
    Halfus is the easiest of all the T11 bosses.

BoT, at least for the first two bosses. You could probably get the first five out of BoT and BWD in a week, they're pretty faceroll now.