Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 4.0.6 Hotfixes and 4.0.6a Changes - Feb. 11

Update - Blizzard slightly updated these notes with more changes, the new lines have been highlighted in green.

Patch 4.0.6 Hotfixes and 4.0.6a Changes - Feb. 11
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch 4.0.6. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this thread in the days ahead as additional hotfixes are applied. Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of 4.0.6 known issues.

February 11 (Patch 4.0.6a)

General
    • Players are no longer encountering errors when having their items bid on in the Auction House. The Auctions tab also updates appropriately reflecting the bid.

Classes

Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Death's Advance may now not allow movement-impairing effects to reduce the death knight below 60/75% of normal movement speed, down from 75/100%.
    • Death and Decay no longer damages the death knight's currently selected friendly target when it does damage to nearby target dummies.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Hunter (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Auto Shot was not firing while the hunter was moving under certain conditions. Auto Shot should now always function correctly while the hunter is moving.
    • Having a melee weapon equipped no longer causes the tooltips for Cobra Shot and Steady Shot to incorrectly display extra benefit from haste.
    • The cooldown for Master's Call has been increased to 45 seconds, up from 35. In addition, it can now be dispelled.
    • The Warp Stalker ability Time Warp can no longer be used on paladins with the Divine Shield buff active.

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • The Quad Core buff provided by the Sanctified Bloodmage 4-piece set bonus is now properly removed as soon as a spell is cast if the mage does not have 4 pieces of the set equipped.

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Glyph of Dazing Shield correctly causes Avenger's Shield to daze the target, and only allows Avenger's Shield to trigger the dazed effect.
    • The area-of-effect attack of Hammer of the Righteous no longer has a chance to miss secondary targets when the primary attack hits the paladin's target. If the primary attack of Hammer of the Righteous fails to hit the target due to miss/dodge/parry/block, no enemies will be affected by the area-of-effect attack. Rogues who are under Cloak of Shadows, however, are able to resist this damage.
    • The Warp Stalker ability Time Warp can no longer be used on paladins with the Divine Shield buff active.

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Inner Focus can no longer be cast before the effect of its preceding spell completes (Inner Focus will only be applied to spells that are cast after it).
    • Sin and Punishment now works properly when two players of the same faction are fighting each other (including in Arenas). A string error may appear when the opponent is feared even though the talent functions correctly.

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Gouge is now breaking properly from spell and ability damage.

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • All raid bosses are now properly immune to Suffering (Voidwalker taunt ability).

Dungeons & Raids
    Blackwing Descent
    • Drakeadon Mongrels can now be taunted.
    • The debuff from Pyreclaw's Flame Buffet now only lasts 8 seconds.
    • The Golem Sentry's Flash Bomb damage has been reduced in the 25-player version.
    • The health of Drakeadon Mongrels and Drakonid Slayers has been reduced in 10- and 25-player versions.
    • Nefarian's Blazing Inferno damage and knockdown radius has been reduced to match the spell effect graphic.

Items
    • Some Vicious Gladiator's weapons (item level 359) incorrectly had their costs increased. This has been corrected. Two-hand and ranged weapons now cost 3400 Conquest Points, while one-hand and caster weapons now cost 2450 Conquest Points.
    • All Vicious Gladiator's weapons (item level 372) have been temporarily removed from the Glorious Conquest Quartermasters until the time is right to officially introduce them into Azerothian society.

PvP
    • Many items incorrectly rendered unusable in rated Battlegrounds and Arenas have been made usable again.

Battlegrounds
    Battle for Gilneas
    • The banners at each capture point now take 8 seconds to capture, up from 5. Note that when the banners are neutral and have not yet been captured by either faction at the start of a battle, they will display the wrong location names (Mine says Farm, Waterworks says Blacksmith, and Lighthouse says Stables).

Races
    • Gift of the Naaru now has a maximum limit to the amount healed when used on friendly NPCs with large amounts of health.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-02-12 at 01:37 AM.

Death's Advance changed to 60/75% down from 75/100%. - Unannounced hotfix.

No more Voidwalker tanking.

Deleted
    Gift of the Naaru now has a maximum limit to the amount healed when used on friendly NPCs with large amounts of health.

Haha, was fun while it last.

Hunters can fire while moving? That was what kept the noobs from the pros! They got their Aspect, don't give them more :<

Quote Originally Posted by keLston View Post
    Death's Advance changed to 60/75% down from 75/100%. - Unannounced hotfix.
    This. So much for not trying to implement stealth nerfs.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    nerf dks already FFS

Deleted
    They nerf Masters Call but dont touch DKs... Haha, funny.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2011-02-11 at 01:46 PM.

My hunter will do even more damage!
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

hotfix the sockets in crafted items!

Ty for resto shammy hotfix blizz, and the hotfix nerf to disc priests

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    On another note, after the hotfix when I log in I get an error the WOW can't validate that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogun Nagoura View Post
    On another note, after the hotfix when I log in I get an error the WOW can't validate that game.
    I get the same error. Starting up wow this morning popped up the updater, after it finished downloading and applying critical updates I get the "Unable to validate game version." error trying to login everytime now.

"Preventing raid wipes since 2006. Analyzing wipes since 2011.*"
    (*Updated for Cataclysm.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ogun Nagoura View Post
    I get that too, i deleted WOW completly and reinstalled from their website with the client, brand new installation, and I still get the same error.

blizz: hunters need less mobility *NERFBAT* BUT DKS SHOULD BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND THE ARENA FREELY.

"like Gods amongst men"

Quote Originally Posted by Fidoii View Post
    blizz: hunters need less mobility *NERFBAT* BUT DKS SHOULD BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND THE ARENA FREELY.

"like Gods amongst men"
    They shouldn't have implemented that talent to begin with. And I play DK.. never understood the reason for giving us Death Advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Races
    • Gift of the Naaru now has a maximum limit to the amount healed when used on friendly NPCs with large amounts of health.
    So much for a few lvl 1 Draenei wiping a Horde raid on Stormwind. :P
    Last edited by Olania; 2011-02-11 at 02:36 PM.

Death's Advance has been nerfed down to 75% but guess Blizzard didn't care to put that in the notes/post.

since this hotfix a lot of people cant validate there game versions for some reason, hopefulyl blizzard get on it quickly because the tech support forum is filled with these posts

* The Quad Core buff provided by the Sanctified Bloodmage 4-piece set bonus is now properly removed as soon as a spell is cast if the mage does not have 4 pieces of the set equipped.
    And thats all? Does anyone even use that these days? SRSLY? Where are the real issues fixed?