Deleted

Question Feral Tank - Advice on Trinkets

Hi All,

I've been reading these forums for a while now and finding them very helpful! I just have a quick question which I'm finding difficult to answer at the moment.

My char is Yukikaze on Chamber of Aspects.

I'm currently Tanking HC's and my Guild are hopefully going to start raiding in the next few weeks.

Now for my question. I nearly have 125 Tol Barad Commendations which I want to spend on a decent trinket. I obviously have 2 options. [Unsolvable Riddle] or [Mirror of Broken Images]. I will probably end up getting both so I can switch depending on the fight. Which one should I go for initially for the content I'm currently doing?

Thanks in advance,

Wob

Dont bother, Tiara's grace is better avoidance trinket then either, as well as using HP trinkets is generally better anyway. My2c

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    Dont bother, Tiara's grace is better avoidance trinket then either, as well as using HP trinkets is generally better anyway. My2c
    Mirror may be a situational trinket, but it's amazing in those situations.

Mirror, one of the best tanking trinkets for any tank. 1 min cooldown trinket are few and far between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    not all the time.

mirror reforged master - dodge.(edit - yes for feral dodge is king atm as well as armor and stam)

that 400 resist all counts for a TON, it is basically another survival cd, bringing %damage taken from spells down to nearly half for 10 seconds, 1min cd.

odc a pure physical fight Deathfairy is right.

how many fights are purely physical now?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    There has been other threads about this, might want to check them through aswell.

Back to the point. I think you should have Tia's Grace and Mirror of Broken Images imo. Mirror of Broken Images can be swapped though on some bosses which doesn't include Spell DPS.

Deleted
    Thanks for your input guys. From what you've said and what I've been able to find I shall be going for Mirror for the occasional fight, and farming for the HC Tia's Grace. I'm also going to save for the Darkmoon Eartquake Card as well

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbit View Post
    I'm also going to save for the Darkmoon Eartquake Card as well
    Save your gold... It's pretty terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesify View Post
    Save your gold... It's pretty terrible.
    Ok interesting? Why do you say that? Isn't the 321 Dodge a pretty good stat to have pre/early raid?

What are the best pre-raid bear tanking trinkets then (presume Tia's Grace is one - as Tauroon suggests)? I believe there is a good one from a profession (Alchemy I think?) which I can't obtain as I have gone skinning/lw.
    Last edited by mmocf29425bcd0; 2011-01-25 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbit View Post
    Ok interesting? Why do you say that? Isn't the 321 Dodge a pretty good stat to have pre/early raid?

What are the best pre-raid bear tanking trinkets then (presume Tia's Grace is one - as Tauroon suggests)? I believe there is a good one from a profession (Alchemy I think?) which I can't obtain as I have gone skinning/lw.
    Leaden Despair is better. Fluid Death is better. Grace of the Herald is better. Mirror of Broken Images (while situational) is better.

Earthquake is just straight dodge. It's not a mitigation trinket, which is more what you're looking for. The on-use is really awful, as that meager amount of health won't save you.

Pick any one of those but Earthquake.

Stam trinkets are best for a feral, stam is always there, it never fails.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesify View Post
    Leaden Despair is better. Fluid Death is better. Grace of the Herald is better. Mirror of Broken Images (while situational) is better.

Earthquake is just straight dodge. It's not a mitigation trinket, which is more what you're looking for. The on-use is really awful, as that meager amount of health won't save you.

Pick any one of those but Earthquake.
    Ok I get you. Well I have some VP to spend so I'll go with Fluid Death and farm Stonecore for the Leaden Despair. Thanks Reesify.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespirit View Post
    Stam trinkets are best for a feral, stam is always there, it never fails.
    Except that stamina stacking means you're a mana sponge instead of an actual tank nowadays.

Aye, Stamina may have been good for ferals in Wrath but this is Cata, it's returning to the proper stats needed to actually be a real tank. Im a bear tank, i've tanked BoT a little but it isnt my occupation. Bears need Agil, Dodge, Crit, Mastery, Stamina (That's in order of importance, since all gear gives a crapton of stamina anyways, its not high priority)