Dreamstate and Glyph of Innervate

Hello folks,

I was wondering if there was any conclusion to the Glyph of Innervate + Dreamstate topic?

Dreamstate makes my own innervate 30% more potent on myself.
    Glyph of innervate makes it that when I innervate someone else, I gain 50% of that effect.

With both of them, when I innervate someone else, do I regain 50% from the glyph, and an additional 30% of that from dreamstate?

i.e. If I plan to never use my innervate for myself, is it worth speccing into dreamstate or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    (I know nothing about this)

Seems like if you use innervate on yourself, you would gain 30% additional effect (130%).
    If you use innervate on someone else, they will gain 100% of the effect and you will gain 50%.

I've never seen a raiding boomkin innervate themselves, and none of ours ever take dreamstate. We could all be noobs though :P

It's not worth speccing since you don't get any benefit if you innervate someone else.
    However, in the current state of things we don't need our innervates anyway, so just spec out of it and take the glyph. If you do have mana problems, take Moonglow and Furor instead.

And Littlebruddy is wrong, mana gains of innervate on self are 20% without Dreamstate and 50% with Dreamstate. With the glyph, if you innervate someone else then he gets 20% and you get 10% of your mana, regardless of your Spec.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2011-01-24 at 02:34 PM.

The answer to your question is that the glyph of innervate works the same with or without the points in dreamstate as dreamstate only affects innervates *cast* on yourself.

However, I do believe having the glyph learned, taking the talent points, and bringing dust along with you is the best option. There are many fights where I feel like I run out of mana quite fast and having the 50% innervate is helpful.

It only works if cast on yourself
    Personally I keep 2 in dreamstate (I don't have any other mana talents) I quite often give healers innervate still (I have glyph) however some fights hurt my mana more than others so keeping the dreamstate I still feel is worth the points. in the end I don't feel the points are more useful else where. Mana regen talents seem silly when you have 50% innervare that you only need sometimes.

Most fights are in the 2 innervate range, first one always goes to healer, on cho'gal second usually ends up on myself.(on cho'gal i go boomkin and lock goes demo, no replenishment)
    Only just thought about that fact now :P I'd say if always had replenishment I'd never use myself.

Also you going completely oom isn't the end of the world, you can always moonfire, healers going completely oom can be.