Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love it, its what I would do and have suggerted it. Tanks and heals then on to DPS. However, the way loot drops, well, its a lot of DPS shit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Salaction160 View Post
    Incredibly Irony in here. Your guild is all about you, your opinions, your thoughts etc. and you come here and ask what WE think about it.??

Why would you care, it's YOUR party.
    The guld is not about me, never said that. I said I wanted serious answers. This is a lame comment. just refrain please

Not a guild I would join. If you aren't trying to push top server or top 200 progression, there really isn't a reason to specifically dole out loot in a manner that will benefit your raid to the absolute max, and even then it's entirely encounter specific. Some fights are challenging on tanks, some healers, and some are a DPS race.

The point is that if you have multiple raiders who share the same set of gear, IE two Hunters, or a Hunter and Enh Sham, someone is going to get upset. Not everyone is going to have the same idea as far as who should be getting gear.

For example, let's say that the Hunter T11 legs drop in Baradin, and the Bow drops off Atra. Your Hunter now has two pieces of gear, but only he could get them. Should he still be eligible to roll on the next piece of Agi Mail gear, or should the Hunter or the Shaman get it?

While you may think that it's fine to just kick someone who wants to whine about a situation like that, frequent kicking, replacing, bitching and moaning is something that will slow progression to a halt and run a guild into the ground.

I think the best loot rules where in my old guild. No DKP just /roll and person who had the biggest upgrade got priority. So if someone was rolling on something thats was a slight upgrade but it was a massive upgrade to the other person rolling it would go to the other person at the raid leaders discretion. Anyone who bitched about it got told to shut up and got pointed out that it was for the good of the guild.

We also took into account things like time in the guild, attendance and how many times you had killed that boss for the items you where looking for but it mainly came down to biggest upgrade has prior.

Quote Originally Posted by boubadoo View Post
    Ok I said the god part was so people would look so please read the post. Dont ask me questions about who gets loot it makes no sense. I have 1 resto/ele and one ele/enhnc. Weapon goes to the resto. Simple done.

No I dont want approval of godly awesomeness. Everyone knows the rules when joining. Have done dkp and people bitched. Did it with a decay/loot council n dpeople bitched. Did epgp. Yep peeps bitched.

I never said I was right. Thats why I want serious thoughts. The one about Dps not wanting to join proves the point of why I did it this way, loot is all he wants.
    Taking this post of how mature you are, I don't feel this system will work out for you at all. It seems you will give the loot to the wrong person (eg: That mail belt posted earlier), that person confronts you about it, if you're on a bad day you just kick them out.

I know personally I wouldn't join for multiple reasons, this being one of them. While some people play this game to play with friends while raiding and such, 95% of the people play for gear. Even if it's just one upgrade every few weeks and they pass everything else, they still raid to get that upgrade to make them happy and chipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzl View Post
    If this item drops off Magmaw

http://www.wowhead.com/item=59334

Both the Elemental Shaman and Resto Shaman want it...who gets it?
    The Hunter in the raid obviously......

Quote Originally Posted by Darzhar View Post
    The resto shaman since Crit is about as usefull for an ele shaman as agi is for a DK
    I'd say it's closer to UH DK's mastery or crit rather then agi... I also feel I should add- that belt is BIS for ele. *edit* http://www.wowhead.com/item=65092 is actually ever so slightly better{crit level depending, the first may be found to be better assuming hit rating = capped}...tough call really.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2011-01-24 at 04:17 PM.

I find it a bit sad that people focus so much on loot instead of actually having fun in raids and focussing on the kills, not the loot the bosses drop.
    We've been using a rolling system for ages now and loot council if there should be a case of disagreement (haven't had a single one in over 2 years)

The way loot is distributed should not be your main concern, happy raiders should be. If that is the same thing for your raiders, you picked the wrong people.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

The GM and Officers are normally the ones who are most reliable and most effective in raids. They should get gear before people you only see 75% of the time. However, doing it in a way where what you says goes, will just cause resentment. Eventually a bunch of members will peel off into their own guild so that they can be top of the loot table, when that happens you'll be sunk.

- DKP works well because it rewards members who are reliable, and inevitably shows that officers get priority if they're turning up to everything.
    - Loot council works okay, as long as your decisions are clear and consistent. In 10man there's little arguing.
    - Rolling isn't a terrible system in 10man raiding if your team is consistently the same. If it isn't use one of the above.

- - - -

In short, if I found myself a member of your guild, I would end up leading a revolt against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I think that having priority on tokens are stupid. Most of the tier gear has none-tier pieces in same slots. So basicly your rule would make you give a tank token even though he has an epic in that slot and when the others who wants it has a blue item in that slot.
    Yes.... you are right. And yes in that situation it wuld go to someoen else. However. I am dk tank. Warrior tank main . Warrior/hunter/shaman token goes to .......my shaman healer ot tank as i dont have a hunter. At this time it wold go to heals first. You see Im not a noob I know the ten people i have chosen and I know what gear they need. This is why I am doing in ten man vs 25.....so it easier to track.

15+ Year Old Account
    whatever system for loot distribution is used - be it loot council, dkp, etc. - as long as it guarantees that all members of raid are treated equally and minimizes the ways it may be abused it is viable one
    in long term the ones based on something you are able to measure shows to be more viable
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: Will WoW ever get a new weapon type?
    A. Tauren will be able to dual-wield gnomes on a stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    How big is the chance u placed urself at top of priority list.
    I know someone that does the same thing on a different way, he just cheats with dkp so he always has more then anyone else resulting in him getting loot for both his MS, his OS and his OOS? ( I have no idea how to call a third spec) over anyone else.
    If people join ur guild, good for u but ur idea just sounds like: boost me in [ insert raid] and i'll ninja everything i can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pxl View Post
    Taking this post of how mature you are, I don't feel this system will work out for you at all. It seems you will give the loot to the wrong person (eg: That mail belt posted earlier), that person confronts you about it, if you're on a bad day you just kick them out.

I know personally I wouldn't join for multiple reasons, this being one of them. While some people play this game to play with friends while raiding and such, 95% of the people play for gear. Even if it's just one upgrade every few weeks and they pass everything else, they still raid to get that upgrade to make them happy and chipper.
    Sigh ...now we are talking about my maturity. I want people who play to down content and get the kill not to just get gear. You are making assumptions about me from a post. They are not true.

i was once in a guild that gave all the tokens and gear to tanks/heals first, you know what happened? Enrage timers. GG

Deleted
    I probably could assert more control on who gets what, but it's basically mainspecs rolling with few simple exceptions:
    1) +spirit trinket/neck/ring/belt/trinket is for healers. That's because we have 2 hybrid caster dps, 1 non-hybrid caster dps and 3 healers and the amount of hit and spi gear is roughly equal. Far fairer distribution.
    2) Obviously upgrading a blue goes over upgrading an equal level epic for slightly better stat distribution

and I have told that I reserve a right to disallow someone from rolling if the gear difference is too high between two players rolling on the same item and both attend raids often enough to be considered core raiders. I haven't done this yet, but shadow priest might well be overgeared over warlock and holy priest sooner or later since he is allowed to roll on both spirit and non-spirit cloth at the moment. Then again people generally pass on items too when people with vastly worse gear are rolling too, so I doubt I have to do anything about that.

With just 10 people you should easily be able to discuss who gets what anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    I know someone that does the same thing on a different way, he just cheats with dkp so he always has more then anyone else resulting in him getting loot for both his MS, his OS and his OOS? ( I have no idea how to call a third spec) over anyone else.
    If people join ur guild, good for u but ur idea just sounds like: boost me in [ insert raid] and i'll ninja everything i can use.
    Offtopic:
    The thing is, with DKP u cant actually cheat.
    Even if the officer who manages it, there are other people who can see ''omg where did u get that extra 200'' dkp.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Sigh ...now we are talking about my maturity. I want people who play to down content and get the kill not to just get gear. You are making assumptions about me from a post. They are not true.
    By your demeanor, calling yourself the god of loot, and various other things you've posted in this thread, including your grammar and spelling, as well as the way you are responding to people, I think everyone can deduce that you're underage or just really immature.

If you don't want people to assume things, don't make everything you say point to what they are assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    Absolutely none. This comment( and no attack at you sir )proves why I did this. Its all people worry about. I probably should have left the soulblade comment out but its the only pc I have took and I have to go frost to kite adds in magmaw and please if any other class can use it please let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made tha title like that so people would look. Just like it says. No loot council, no dkp, no epgp, no nothing. I am running a ten man raiding guild. I decide who gets the loot period. You cry your gone. You bitch your gone. Gearing heals and tanks first with tokens. So far everyone likes the idea. Im sure that will change. No i wont be looting to my friends, or hording myself. Only loot i took was a soulblade that dropped in BoT, I am Blood tank/frost dps and its bis for me and took it over a warrior who shold interest. Just an example. He was looking at it for single minded fury.

Not a troll. Would like serious thoughts.
    I would never join or be a part of YOUR guild. Seems like you are just seeking approval so that you can further justify your total control.

If you have people that accept your rule by iron fist, so be it. There are plenty of people that do not like to make choices for themselves in the world.

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 10:24 AM ----------

The guld is not about me, never said that. I said I wanted serious answers. This is a lame comment. just refrain please
    You just did not like their comment and only want answers that agree with you. I am pretty sure they were serious.