Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I shut up and heal. And, you know what happens? I've gotten burned out.

Just because I *can* heal through everyone's mistakes doesn't mean I should have to. It's not fun for the healer to suck it up all the time. It sucks. I'm at my computer frantically hitting every button I can think of. In December I even got a callus on my wrist. It was stressful and unenjoyable. But, we made it through the heroic and that's all that matters, right?

No. If it's that unenjoyable for the healers, you'll have none left. They shouldn't have to suck it up and do 100% more than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahoota View Post
    On a side note, if anyone were to ever tell me to "Shut up and heal" I could promise you there wouldn't be a single green number until one of us was gone.
    This happened to me in a VP run, I questioned why a dps had gear w/o gems and enchants. I did not really care because I have dealt with terrible dps before I was merely curious if the person was just lazy or stupid. The tank was a friend of his and told me to "shut up and heal" which led to me dancing until the tank was vote kicked. Was a fun time though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsenemy View Post
    Thing I hate, is when it takes forever for the DPS to kill a boss, I blow my CDs and then we all wipe because I go oom. Then they have the nerve to say, "need to work on the mana issue", uh, excuse me? How about your DPS increase by two fold.
    This. End of story.

Deleted
    yes - The End

So you mean to tell us, that 85 levels of content does not prepare a person to play in dungeons? Out in the world there are mobs that charge, stun, hellfire, hurricane, heal, cast spells that can be interrupted or have abilities that the player should and can avoid. Can you say that in the amount of time that you leveled up your character you did not pull more than one mob at a time and that situation did not call for some quick thinking with a cc, a stun, a snare or the need to kite? Or fight a named quest mob that may have required you to move out of something or you take so much damage? Maybe a situation where you needed to do more damage so that you had to respond with a heal to keep yourself up or pop a CD to pump out more deeps? Yes, the dungeon environment is different than the world environment, but the players do see all the things that are in a dungeon at some point in time before they're actually in there besides specific gimmicks to boss fights, and it only takes a few seconds to read a debuff, or read the emotes the pop up big and yellow/red on your screen that blizz has decided to give us. But that must be too much to ask for. This is what amazes me. It's just a basic understanding of the game. Period. It's not asking a whole lot of your other teammates to utilize and understand the same game content that is given to every single player. There are people out there who don't fail and I'd want to be more like them, I mean, corpse running is no fun, but those big numbers that I make pop up on my screen when I'm alive sure are!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylya View Post
    You're still not getting this.

Noone stands in a fire and expects to live. We can both agree on this. However, a lot of players, especially people who are new, or unused to dungeons etc simply do not realise that they are standing in fire, or sometimes even that fire exists. They don't stay in it to piss you off or because they're retarded, it's simply they are unaware of it happening. I've played with a lot of players who are new to the game, and one of the most common complains when someone first starts raiding is that there's so much to be watching out for - you have to know, and avoid, all of the mechanics AND keep your rotation going. If you're new to the game or new to raiding then it's a lot of take in the first time, and I know that often they're more frustrated with themselves than you are with them.

But of course, you must've been born fucking God the way you go on. I'm sure you fucked up when you started raiding, I know for a fact that I did, many times. It's called learning, I can dodge mechanics and move all around while keeping my healing, dps or tanking going because I've got the experience to know what to watch for. When you're first starting though it's not as easy.

This is why I said "and they might start watching out for it", not because I believe that people would willingly and knowingly stand in fire and die, but because everyone, including you my elitist friend, was new at one stage and take time to get used to something like that. But hey, I guess some people just get off on being an asshole over the internet when they know there's no repercussions.

Of course, you'll come back and say "lol any idiot can learn to dodge fire in one heroic or less" and thus totally disregard the fact that it takes different people different amounts of time to learn things, especially when there's so many new things to watch out for when you're first starting.

So you were born good on your first day and never fucked up once? Of course not, but if elitist dicks rage at "bads" instead of giving useful constructive advice in a way that might actually be received well and listened to, then they're never going to end up "goods". If you think that nerdraging is a good way of getting your point accross then you're probably sociopathic and should look into getting help. Shouting at people =/= results.
    What is thing you call "Fucking up when you started doing X"? No, i'm simply that awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would be amazed what anyone can do if everyone tries not just tanks and healers. The other day I was on my Arcane Mage in Heroic Grim Batol, we botched a CC pull and the tank, healer, and one dps go down. Me and the Druid CC'd and focus fired down the additional 4 mobs down to 1 before the tank and healer had ran back in.

Point being everyone needs to shut up and play, mistakes happen and instead of bitching when things start to go wrong play better and fix it, I completely agree with OP good thread.

If it were just the fire... but, there are tons of dps that do not grasp the importance of interrupt. There are tanks that don't grasp the need for cc. In the end, healers are left holding the bag for missed mechanics more than anyone else. And, if we just "shut up and heal" it will never fix. We'll burn out. No one will want to heal except masochists. And, then what?

Shut up and interrupt. Shut up and cc. Shut up and get out of the fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    I would probably have kicked you too. On my tank I don't taunt off of people who face pull and if I healed I wouldn't heal them either.
    I'm willing to bet you raged and just aren't telling us, inviting your own demise.
    If someone accidentally face pulls and you have the ability to stop a wipe from happening why not use it and then admonish the guy after wards? It's people like this that are continuously making the game less and less enjoyable. MOST people can learn from their mistakes.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

Quote Originally Posted by anmblack1 View Post
    if someone were to mess up a CC pull I would either be shocked or angered by this moron who messed up something so simple and stop healing completely or less then I would have with no gear.
    So on our way to the last boss one of the DPS messed up a CC pull, I knew the healer could have healed it but he falls into the same trap I did, his mind was so focused on the mobs hitting everyone he decides to stop healing completely and began to blame others. From a healer's perspective I would've healed it, if it were me. I was kicked shortly afterward
    Well which one is it? You admit earlier that would stop healing or heal for crap, then you later say you would have healed it. I have to ask, if the healer didn't heal, why did you get kicked?

Quote Originally Posted by beeler77 View Post
    If someone accidentally face pulls and you have the ability to stop a wipe from happening why not use it and then admonish the guy after wards? It's people like this that are continuously making the game less and less enjoyable. MOST people can learn from their mistakes.
    Personally i've found just saying "X, don't facepull" or whatever rarely if ever works. On the other hand, letting them tank the floor while the group either wipes or saves itself after his fail and then telling them not to facepull seems to sink in a lot better.

I will agree as far as the healer shutting their mouth and healing, but you can only do so much.
    Example: Last boss in GB. If people don't want to stand in the gate, they get hurt.
    You can say "move to the eye" or "move to the vortex" or anything like that, and sometimes they get it, other times they don't.
    Trying to explain something to someone who doesn't want to listen is as effective as speaking to a brick wall.
    If random ranged DPS want to stay out there, they each get a renew and that's that.
    I'm not going to waste time focus healing someone who refuses to do what they should.
    Will we wipe? Maybe.
    Will it aggravate everyone? Yes.
    But, should I "shut up and heal" this guy knowing he is nothing more than a mana sponge now?
    What is even worse is when the fail blames others, such as the healer, for not healing them through avoidable damage.

So, yeah...
    I agree to shut up and heal, but only so far.
    The people who expect you to heal through avoidable (key word) damage are the expendable people.
    They may be "bads" or just plain lazy, but either way, it is unacceptable for people, regardless of role, to not follow mechanics.
    You not only waste your time, but the time of your party members as well.
    Maybe a death or two can teach them what words can't.

P.S. Examples like that is why I don't heal heroics in RDF without guildies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylya View Post
    You're still not getting this.

Noone stands in a fire and expects to live. We can both agree on this. However, a lot of players, especially people who are new, or unused to dungeons etc simply do not realise that they are standing in fire, or sometimes even that fire exists.
    Do they not have internet in those places where these new people play WoW? Do they not have access to google? The problem is with players who expect others to teach them, and when you think about it for a second, that's pretty presumptious. When first entering content or aspect of the game with which one is unfamiliar, why is it considered an effort above and beyond to do some basic research beforehand?
    If you're doing something, even if it's a game, where you're dependent on four other people and they are dependent on you, wouldn't it just be pure common sense to try even the least little bit to make yourself less of a drain on others by typing in [dungeon name tactics] into the search box and clicking enter?

And if you choose not to do that, is it so much to ask to then not throw hissy fits on message boards when others choose not to accomodate and humor you? If your time is too precious to learn, consider their time and patience too precious to indulge you. Either that, or don't take issue with the way they choose to teach you. If you can't learn by reading, then learn by dying.

I was in heroic grim batol last night and the tank dident cc and did pull 2 groups at the time, first pull i did heal thrue but got oom.
    Dident have time to write oom before the tank pulls nexy group and then yells at me to heal and being a noobhealer and al that, the fun part was when inspecting the tank he was in full pvp gear.
    I got kicked and told learn to heal bla bla bla, things like that can make me stop heal for some days.
    So lisen al tanks out there its not Wrath anymore you cant zerge

Leap of Faith = Yank oblivious DPS out of fire.

I just wish it had no cooldown for the more "special" groups I end up having to heal on my priest.

Sometimes if it's clear you're in a wipe situation, it's better to stop healing, let the wipe happen, and run back in. Quite frankly it's faster.

On the other hand, there have been a number of times where I was certain we were going to wipe, pause healing for a few seconds intending to make the wipe finish up quickly, then realized with a start that the pull is still doable and going on to successfully complete it.

But as with all things Cataclysm, gear makes a huge difference. A loose CC in 329 gear probably means you have to spam inefficient heals, go oom, and a wipe. The situation in 338 gear is tough but doable. The same in 346 is a slight bump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up7pvPqNkuU&ob=av3em

High five!

Anyone?

Oh come on, you were all thinking it!

HIGH FIVE!

Ill just crawl back into my hole again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

So you were born good on your first day and never fucked up once? Of course not, but if elitist dicks rage at "bads" instead of giving useful constructive advice in a way that might actually be received well and listened to, then they're never going to end up "goods". If you think that nerdraging is a good way of getting your point accross then you're probably sociopathic and should look into getting help. Shouting at people =/= results.
    Next time you're in a dungeon try to calmly explain to people how to play their class. Go, do it. See the results. 95% of the time they're not going to reply at all, going to reply rudely or going to reply "lol its just a game".

Also some of us have played games and MMOs before WoW. It's not like these are new concepts here. I've been avoiding "bad things" in games since I was 4. Even if I was new to WoW it's not that difficult; seriously, it's not. And I understand that there are new players to this game who are willing to learn. For the most part it's better to just ignore them and carry their asses or, if they act rude, just kick them or make fun of them (trolling players who get mad = fun). Sorry but I'm not going to sit here trying to explain mechanics of a class I might not even play to someone who doesn't want to listen.
    Last edited by Cyrant; 2011-01-24 at 08:15 PM.

Glad i never intend on pugging any cata content. Looks like some people only que up to have a pissing contest with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant View Post
    Next time you're in a dungeon try to calmly explain to people how to play their class. Go, do it. See the results. 95% of the time they're not going to reply at all, going to reply rudely or going to reply "lol its just a game".

Also some of us have played games and MMOs before WoW. It's not like these are new concepts here. I've been avoiding "bad things" in games since I was 4. Even if I was new to WoW it's not that difficult; seriously, it's not. And I understand that there are new players to this game who are willing to learn. For the most part it's better to just ignore them and carry their asses or, if they act rude, just kick them or make fun of them (trolling players who get mad = fun). Sorry but I'm not going to sit here trying to explain mechanics of a class I might not even play to someone who doesn't want to listen.
    Pretty much. For every 1 person who is wants and is willing to listen to constructive criticism, there are 19 others who will either laugh at you or scream at you for trying to suggest how they improve their playstyle.