Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, each DoT tick will recheck the target for any debuffs, it is not nesecarry to fully debuff the target before you get your DoTs rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Thanks for asking, I had completely forgot about that in the guide.

The best guardian is Infernal in both single target and AoE fights. It's best used right before bloodlust/heroism and/or when a clump of adds spawn.
    Also SP procs increase meteor damage from infernal cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit before mastery? Doesn't sound right for affliction.

As a drain life user, isn't mastery more valuable than crit or has crit really become our second stat in 4.0.6 ?

I remember reading that mastery > crit when using drain life instead of shadowbolt as a filler.
    Warriors will dead

First of all, I recommend using Shadow Bolt filler. Drain Life is a lot more latency dependant and even when played perfectly with 0 latency it's either right below Shadow Bolt filler or barely beating Shadow Bolt.

If however you go against my recommendation and ignore overall performance so that you can look like a shadow priest, crit it still better than mastery on single target fights. I'm not entirely sure about multiple target numbers, but it's not unlikely that mastery turns out better when you can DoT multiple targets.

Your results can of course vary from this and if you want to make sure you get the numbers right for yourself, I suggest simming your character.

The numbers and rankings I described was taken from EJ's SimulationCraft thread. Click the detailed HTML output links and scroll down to DPS scale factors.

Deleted
    I tryed and i did like 1-1.5k more DPS whit using Shadowbolt as filler instead of drainlife.
    imo use shadowbolt. It dosent drain your mana and better dps.
    Latency is about 40-60

Thanks for the input guys.
    Warriors will dead

How much dps do you make as affli? On target dummy with 346 gear in all slots and some epics i do 11k - wondering if i im doing something wrong or demo/destro is better or dps just will get better in raid.

Here is a link to my gear:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../eskiya/simple

And here is the recount(the fight lasted 2 mins):

Last edited by Tobyyyy; 2011-02-11 at 09:16 PM.

i just want to say thanks for this thread.

Affliction for life!

15+ Year Old Account
    @Tobyyy: 11k on a target dummy is decent for 346 and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. However, Drain Soul makes a substantial part of your damage and you didn't have any (because it was a dummy). Thus your numbers come in around 2k lower than expected.

Keep your dots up, keep haunt and shadow embrace up, and always drain soul at 25% and you'll be fine.

R.I.P. YARG

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow i have iLevel 350 and only just get 8K on target dummy follow basic rotation with SB filler and infernal. I wish i could break that 8k mark.... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zragarn/simple is me if you can see anythink im doing wrong. My lat sits at 170-200ms and i am using quartz

ok found mistake one ... i was testing imp and did not change glyph back
    Last edited by Azragarn; 2011-02-14 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    In 4.06, aff will use imp as its pet, and imp glyph ofc.
    This was believed to be true until it was discovered that the crit scaling bug of the Succubus was ninja-fixed. Now that she is critting properly our nasty little lady is back to being our best dps pet.

Deleted
    I do near 10-11 as affli to dummy whitout infernal 346 and some epics in gear. DPS like 5-10 minutes
    Last edited by mmoc12012b4d46; 2011-02-16 at 07:38 PM.

Hey there, guys!

Just have read at Elitist Jerks that Bane of Doom become a new part of affliction warlock rotation instead of Bane of Agony. Also they use Bane of Doom instead of Bane of Agony in their simcraft.

So i wonder what you guys think of this innovation. Probably Bane of Doom isnt that good while fighting with encounters which contain 2+ active bosses at a time as it can only tick on one target compared to unlimited targets of Bane of Agony. And is Bane of Doom that good on single target fights? Some people argue that Bane of Doom become better then Bane of Agony when affliction lock lost ISF 15% haste buff. But cant find sound explanation. Anyone knows?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavarg View Post
    Hey there, guys!

Just have read at Elitist Jerks that Bane of Doom become a new part of affliction warlock rotation instead of Bane of Agony. Also they use Bane of Doom instead of Bane of Agony in their simcraft.

So i wonder what you guys think of this innovation. Probably Bane of Doom isnt that good while fighting with encounters which contain 2+ active bosses at a time as it can only tick on one target compared to unlimited targets of Bane of Agony. And is Bane of Doom that good on single target fights? Some people argue that Bane of Doom become better then Bane of Agony when affliction lock lost ISF 15% haste buff. But cant find sound explanation. Anyone knows?

Thanks.
    The loss of ISF haste buff is indeed the reason BoD is now better. Before scaling, BoA is weaker than BoD. However BoD doesn't scales with haste, which means that at some point BoA will outperform BoD. Thanks to ISF that happened already at entry level gear for raids. Because of the loss of ISF, which was a massive haste buff, BoD currently outperforms BoA by about 250 dps.
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2011-02-20 at 02:06 PM.

BoD does scale with mastery now.

Is it worth recasting dots during haste buffs then? Like eradication, hurricane, etc.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Is it worth recasting dots during haste buffs then? Like eradication, hurricane, etc.
    No, dots update on the fly now. so you don't have to reapply them

Quote Originally Posted by grutamu View Post
    No, dots update on the fly now. so you don't have to reapply them
    Actually, this isn't true. DoTs will update when they are automatically refreshed by something, but they won't automatically scale when you gain a buff on their own.

An easy way to check this is to just go to a target dummy, cast Corruption, let it tick, and then use a Volcanic Potion to increase your Intellect. The damage will not increase on the Target Dummy unless you refresh Corruption.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you see people claiming that dots update on the fly without proof, report them for trolling.

R.I.P. YARG