Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Im saying there must be something that works better than judging every 8 seconds....if that means i want everything handed on a platter then i suggest you add a 12 oz Ribeye while were at it my unwitty friend.
    The mana return is similar to the Telluric Currents talent for Resto Shamans. In comparison, I think Paladins have the better end of the deal, really, since Judgement is instant, while Lightning Bolt has a cast time to deal with.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The divine plea buff makes this change no problem imo.
    It looks that way....they've simply made the DP mana regen CD worth using.

Im saying there must be something that works better than judging every 8 seconds....if that means i want everything handed on a platter then i suggest you add a 12 oz Ribeye while were at it my unwitty friend.
    There probably is something better. But in this case, its a steady mana income that requires the Paladin to make an active choice. You aren't forced to use it and given the main complaint is that "people don't like to judge while healing" and some even state they don't always Judge on CD, there is some looseness in the system....if what they say is true, you can (at times) afford to give up Judging in return for greater HPS.

However, while there may very well be something better, I can't think of a better system that would be as simple to execute while still doing everything Blizzrad seems to like with this system.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2011-01-25 at 11:02 PM.

...and when you dont have that second your talking about b/t heals like in heroic raids what do you do then? Oh thats right "deal with it"...how cute.
    Thanks for the input very enlightening. I couldn't care less about heroics.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 02:31 PM ----------

And what "stuff" are these healers doing every 8 seconds?" to regen mana? They have more passive spells.
    Holy priests and Druids have complex mechanics at work beyond the basic healing kit, so you'll have to forgive my lack of contrast there, but disc priests are wise to make use of smite heals, the archangel cooldown, plus their basic kit, and the obvious benefits of pws and managing their cooldowns. They use quite a lot more than their three basic heals plus signature spell, while a holy paladin uses three basics, shock is the signature, and judgement as a utility. Everything else is at least a minute in between, or for aoe, unless you want to count radiance for the beacon.

Shamans are strongly advised to shock, exactly the way we judge, for a healing and mana bonus, just like ours. They also can use lightning bolt to supplement their mana pool, and must juggle their totems.

It'd be a lot more fun, if you ask me, if holy paladins also got a talent to enhance use of crusader strike to provide a shield on the beacon, so there was emphasis on the melee option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJellyTouch View Post
    Judging... is in no way difficult. It is a tool, it's meant to be used [until they nerf it]. Keep your target primarily on the mob you want to judge. Or focus your tank and make a macro to judge his target. We 'must use it' as much as we need. A lot of these encounters have waxing and waning of heavy damage being distributed. Use your gcd's accordingly. Judge on cd when you need. What's so hard about this?
    Where did I say that judging was hard? What does 'hard' even mean? I was simply pointing out the pros and cons of using Judgement in various situations. Personally, I don't find any Paladin mechanics difficult to use on their own; like any class, its how you prioritize abilities in a given environment that makes you a better player.

Deleted
    having to judge (offensive spell) to maintain mana regen so i can heal everytime the c/d is up REALLY SUCKS! Especially since it interupts my healing rotation.......
    Unless you haven't noticed, in Cataclysm you don't have to be spamming heals all the time, and with Englighted Judgements you heal your beacon target (yes, for a small amount) while judging. Judge has been in holydins rotation more or less always, and in WoTLK when judgement granted bonuses to other players you basically had to judge every CD, depending on the setup. I find judging fun and even tho I tend to forget about it once a while, it is imho a nice system for gaining mana.

...and when you dont have that second your talking about b/t heals like in heroic raids what do you do then? Oh thats right "deal with it"...how cute.
    You, or your group, are doing something very wrong if you don't have a second for judging at almost all times. As I said, this isn't WotLK, you don't have to spamheal.
    Last edited by mmoc068aeb4f3d; 2011-01-26 at 03:37 AM.

To be honest, I found it hard when Cataclysm hit to not Judge every Cooldown. I was so used to spamming my Judgement of Light on the Boss in Wrath, that it was hard not to go to my Judgement key bind every 10-15 seconds. I like the mechanic overall. I think it's a little more interesting and adds an extra turn into our rotations that adding in something like the old Illumination, buffing DP or lowering mana costs can't do.

Deleted
    The balances are very much needed for raiding Holy Paladins and also Priests, but I agree that they could have pretty disastrous effects for people just starting to do heroics, they were bad enough while still getting used to level 85 healing and it could be so much worse now. I hope Blizzard keep an eye on it.

funny you assumed i was talking about heroics. i do plenty of raid and low and behold i still have plenty of time to judge and do other necessary things without compromising my heals. so again deal with it. if you are spamming so much you cant pop of a few judgments then you are doing it wrong or still think you are in wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    When did they find this nerf btw? I dont read EJ just because its so terrible to naviagte. Just wondering if thats on ptr or live and how long its been there.
    It was a hotfix a couple of days ago, along with the Conviction fix. So you're not gonna feel a 5% nerf, but instead a 4% increase. (With the 9% increase from Conviction, and the 5% nerf from Walk in the light)..
    Its on the front page here if you're looking for a source.

O.O

"Holy priests and Druids have complex mechanics at work beyond the basic healing kit, so you'll have to forgive my lack of contrast there, but disc priests are wise to make use of smite heals, the archangel cooldown, plus their basic kit, and the obvious benefits of pws and managing their cooldowns. They use quite a lot more than their three basic heals plus signature spell, while a holy paladin uses three basics, shock is the signature, and judgement as a utility. Everything else is at least a minute in between, or for aoe, unless you want to count radiance for the beacon.

Shamans are strongly advised to shock, exactly the way we judge, for a healing and mana bonus, just like ours. They also can use lightning bolt to supplement their mana pool, and must juggle their totems."

Read what that guy said.

The phrase 'neatly on a platter' is a common expression. Look who's really trying to be witty.

Almost all of CATA is aimed at making PvP work, specifically Arenas, so their big Tournament doesn't come off a burst your dead game over fest.

The health pools, the big healing efficiency nerfs, the movement of which classes cleanse what, all to make the Arena game work like the developers who live by it want it.
    Um, do you realize that cataclysm was so bad pvp wise that MLG dropped WoW?

Personally i don't like it at all because its going to hit like a ton of bricks when i start doing heroics on my Pally.