Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

195ta vs 130agi as a Feral Tank

So.. Im talking about the Embossments in bracers..
    What would be better as a tank? 195sta or 130agi?

Thanks for answers in advance!!

Max life = worthless unless you're doing hardmode content and are getting hit for 60k+ a pop.

In typical raid encounters...and even some heroic bosses...tanks can EASILY take 10 times their max life in damage over the course of the fight. If you've got 170k total buffed life(easily achieveable) then a 1% increase in your total avoidance across that same bossfight is worth more than 17,000 life.
    You tell me which is easier to gear/gem/reforge/enchant for, 1% avoidance....or 17,000+ max life?

Food for thought.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

The stam is better.

<insert random made up numbers to 'prove' it here>

Are you happy with your health pool, meaning you're no longer susceptible to dying before the healer can react?
    Then use agility.

If your health is still insufficient to survive an unlucky string of hits or magic damage, then stamina.

The agility gives you dodge, and crit chance, which in turn gives you mitigation via mastery.

The stam just makes you more of a mana sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Are you happy with your health pool, meaning you're no longer susceptible to dying before the healer can react?
    Then use agility.

If your health is still insufficient to survive an unlucky string of hits or magic damage, then stamina.
    This. It is 100% dependant on the amount of damage you are receiving vs the amount of time healers have to heal you. The majority of the time Agility will be better if you don't feel like asking them first.

Stamina always.

2% dodge makes no difference over the duration of an entire fight & 17k health will save u more than RNG dependent agility.

This whole mana sponge crap is getting ridiculous. 2% more dodge and crit vs 15k health doesn't make one tank a god and the other a worthless meat stick. Yes, in many fights on reg mode the agility will be better, but saying that the stam is useless, or even worse, a hindrance, is beyond ludicrous. People who post this doggerel make themselves look just like they are, complete baboons.

We are not baboons, we are cats and bears.

Going for dodge/agility will make it easier for the healer on a normal-hitting boss. If there's magic damage involved, dodge and armor values goes down, and the value of stamina goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol View Post
    Yes, in many fights on reg mode the agility will be better, but saying that the stam is useless, or even worse, a hindrance, is beyond ludicrous. People who post this doggerel make themselves look just like they are, complete baboons.
    Yup. People who blindly support agi over stam are probably doing normal raids (or even more likely just 5 mans + Argoloth).

People just need to stop going QQ durrr head in ass and just find a happy balance of stam and agi (agi = bear avoidance). Oh and fyi stop overlooking mastery for bear tanks, because you don’t just need stam and agi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yup. People who blindly support agi over stam are probably doing normal raids (or even more likely just 5 mans + Argoloth).
    And the people stacking stamina in heroic raids aren't playing their class correctly. Agility is slightly better in any raid setting, as long as you have enough stamina (which you get from gear and a few gems).

I'd always go with the Stamina enchant, is severely over budgeted at the moment, the standard stamina enchant is only 40 Stam haha. Its ridiculously good in the current content. It gives you more room to gem for agility and equip either avoidance or mitigation trinkets.

I really can't believe people are opting for the agility enchant - dont get me wrong, its fooking awesome, but 130 Agility fails in comparison to 195 stamina. I'm not a stam stacker, by a long shot, but this enchant is too much to pass up

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    I'd always go with the Stamina enchant, is severely over budgeted at the moment, the standard stamina enchant is only 40 Stam haha. Its ridiculously good in the current content. It gives you more room to gem for agility and equip either avoidance or mitigation trinkets.

I really can't believe people are opting for the agility enchant - dont get me wrong, its fooking awesome, but 130 Agility fails in comparison to 195 stamina. I'm not a stam stacker, by a long shot, but this enchant is too much to pass up
    130 x 1.5= 195

40x 1.5= 60.

Conclusion, the bracer enchant has the same ratio of agility:Stam as do gems. You might aswell take 3 stam gems instead of agility gems and use the agility enchant if you want to balance.

Besides that, I still find that stacking stamina is sub-optimal, although the minimum recommended HP for hard modes does go up from +-150-160k for normals to about 175-185k for heroics.

Aight, I pulled those numbers out of my ass, but say a Drake at Halfus hits for about 65-70k a pop on heroic (which they do). It is almost impossible to get to 210k+ in order to survive 3 of those hits (+random AoE), whereas its viable to get slightly over 2 of those hits and have a small buffer for magic damage flying around. Hence, even though it looks cool, stamina stacking just adds little after a certain point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambear View Post
    Aight, I pulled those numbers out of my ass, but say a Drake at Halfus hits for about 65-70k a pop on heroic (which they do). It is almost impossible to get to 210k+ in order to survive 3 of those hits (+random AoE), whereas its viable to get slightly over 2 of those hits and have a small buffer for magic damage flying around. Hence, even though it looks cool, stamina stacking just adds little after a certain point.
    Try to tank chimaeron double-attack on heroic without stamina stacking and then come tell again about agility

Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    Try to tank chimaeron double-attack on heroic without stamina stacking and then come tell again about agility
    You get enough Stamina from profession bonuses, stam flask and two stam trinkets.

Crazy, right?

And I've even accidentally taken double attacks with break up on heroic. 187k HP without zerging the hell out of stamina, which so far has been more than enough HP for every encounter we've killed/worked on for heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    Wouldn't dodging 1/2 attacks on a double attack be even better?

I stack agility and tank heroic chimearon every week =)

Avoiding attacks on a fight like Chim >> eating them.

130 agi is a little less than .5% dodge BTW. I dont see how under .5% is going to make/break any fight. Stacking agi isnt as viable anymore cuz of the retarded agi/dodge ratio. Its far easier to get dodge from reforging to dodge rating than it is to stack stam. You only need something like 176DR/%dodge, instead of trying to get 276agi/%dodge
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 2011-01-25 at 05:08 PM.

Stam give Hp which gives higher possible vengance which gives higher attpwr which give high migation from SD sheild