Thread: Any chance?

Any chance?

I'll start by explaining my situation.

There's this girl I know, I like her, BUT here's the problem... she told me she's homosexual a while ago.
    She definitely hasn't got a girlfriend now since we've been friends for quite a while and I'd know if she did.

I've spoken to my buddies about it, but all they tell me is that there's no point in trying, there are enough straight females to be worth the time. However I haven't liked anyone as much before!
    I'm probably just posting here for some hope, seeing as I wont get any support from my pals!

So my question here is... do you think a gay person can become heterosexual? I'd really appreciate it if I get an opinion from a homosexual person!
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

think like this..would u become a homosexual?
    Sup

Boy, you just opened up a horrible can of worms. This will get locked shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    So my question here is... do you think a gay person can become heterosexual? I'd really appreciate it if I get an opinion from a homosexual person!
    Not a chance. Your only shot is if she's either lying to you about being gay, or if she's at least bisexual in any way.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2011-01-24 at 11:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably not.

There's the very slim possibility that she's bisexual (heck, I only found out that I was when I was ~16) but that chance is very slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not a chance. You're only shot is if she's either lying to you about being gay, or if she's at least bisexual in any way.
    Ahh, quite disappointing, but I guess I was kind of expecting such an answer. I'll take my only shot and figure out if she's the bisexual type though! Never give up, never surrender! Afterall, her exact words were "I like girls".

I'll start by explaining my situation.

There's this girl I know, I like her, BUT here's the problem... she told me she's homosexual a while ago.
    She definitely hasn't got a girlfriend now since we've been friends for quite a while and I'd know if she did.

I've spoken to my buddies about it, but all they tell me is that there's no point in trying, there are enough straight females to be worth the time. However I haven't liked anyone as much before!
    I'm probably just posting here for some hope, seeing as I wont get any support from my pals!

Trying to "convert" her is just selfish in my opinion. Personally I would retain your friendship with her and not make any attempts to "convert" her to heterosexuality.
    Last edited by Monath; 2011-01-24 at 11:48 PM. Reason: typo
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar

http://www.yarg-rexxar.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Monath View Post
    Trying to "convert" her is just selfish in my opinion. Personally I would retain your friendship with her and not make any attempts to "convert" her to heterosexuality.
    You have a good point there, but I wouldn't really try to... "convert" anyone, unless I know it's impossible! And well, so far it seems that way... as I said, I'll use the one shot I've got that Lysah mentioned, if it fails, I'll just give up.

If she's gay, she probably wont turn hetero, obviously.. But you can talk to her about it, ask if she's bi. If so, you may have a go at her. Who knows.. Its all up to you, find out, use the information granted and decide to go for it or not.

Good luck to you, its not a good feeling to love someone who likes their own sex.. (not that I've been in the situation, but I can imagine it sucks)
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2011-01-25 at 12:24 AM.

I'm 100% positive asking a homosexual to be heterosexual is like asking a heterosexual to be homosexual. You can't really ask people to change what they're attracted to on a dime like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go big or go home buddy, I say you rock it lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, no. Now I'm having horrible Chasing Amy flashbacks.

Anyway... years ago the girl I had a mad crush on came out as lesbian. I'm now trans female. Just sayin'.

On a more practical note, the continuum of human sexuality is more complicated than the binary gay/straight boxes people stick themselves into to feel comfortable and like they fit in with something. Your failure is not guaranteed if you continue to pursue her, but you may (and probably will) irritate her extremely, possibly to the point of losing her as a friend. Risk vs. reward.

You're also asking her to become bisexual, not heterosexual. Asking a gay person to "become straight" is pretty inane since they've already decided they find the same sex attractive in a sexual manner and have no reason to abruptly stop feeling that way just because one member of the opposite sex wishes to bone them.

First of all, thanks a lot for the replies everyone. I'd like to mention that I haven't pushed it or anything, I just really started to like her, that's all and was just wondering, after what she said, if I had any chance.

It really seems more complicated than it is, I guess. Cheers for enlightening me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, quite disappointing, but I guess I was kind of expecting such an answer. I'll take my only shot and figure out if she's the bisexual type though! Never give up, never surrender! Afterall, her exact words were "I like girls".
    If she's not into you, don't force the issue. Even if the person you're into's straight or bi and they're just plain not interested, take no for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Oh, no. Now I'm having horrible Chasing Amy flashbacks.

Anyway... years ago the girl I had a mad crush on came out as lesbian. I'm now trans female. Just sayin'.

On a more practical note, the continuum of human sexuality is more complicated than the binary gay/straight boxes people stick themselves into to feel comfortable and like they fit in with something. Your failure is not guaranteed if you continue to pursue her, but you may (and probably will) irritate her extremely, possibly to the point of losing her as a friend. Risk vs. reward.

You're also asking her to become bisexual, not heterosexual. Asking a gay person to "become straight" is pretty inane since they've already decided they find the same sex attractive in a sexual manner and have no reason to abruptly stop feeling that way just because one member of the opposite sex wishes to bone them.
    I've been wondering for a long time if anyone loved another person enough to do this...guess you've finally answered that question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellion View Post
    I've been wondering for a long time if anyone loved another person enough to do this...guess you've finally answered that question.
    LOL. Oops. My tongue was firmly in my cheek with that line... while it did actually lead to a (very satisfying) fling with her that never would have happened otherwise, there were definitely many, many other factors that precipitated my transition. She was just a happy side effect.

I think this goes without saying, but just to be safe: I do not advocate a sex and gender changeover as a real solution for real people in real life who are attracted to someone of an incompatible sexual orientation. If that's the only reason you do it, you will very likely die young in a pool of very bitter tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its unlikely that she would, but you have to ask yourself do you value her as a friend more then you want to sleep with her? because asking her that question has the potential to destroy your relations with her

Deleted
    There`s plenty of fish in the sea m`lad, move on.