Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadowpriest.com <-- is it down for everyone or is it just me? :o

Anyone know what's happening with Shadowpriest.com?

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

hahaha, thank you. didn't know that existed.

It seems to be down extremely often for me. Probably about 50% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really difficult to express but I've had the feeling since maybe last summer that shadowpriest.com was coasting. There's a lot of good stuff there and the theorycrafting is as good as ever, but the moderation has been spotty, there have been tons of crap posts and threads and....I dunno....it just feels like it's coasting a little bit. And yeah, it's been down quite a bit for me as well the last 10 days or so.

I hope they get their mojo back soon. It's a great site.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was having a discussion about shadowpriest.com with my guildie just the other day.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so there's many things about the site that have been bothering me. The outdated forum style, the old information/sleeper accounts that never get pruned, the general lack of moderation (several of the mods/admins haven't logged in since last year). I think that selling the website and showing it no attention will eventually kill it. Many of us are always migrating elsewhere, like these forums for example. My biggest issue is the old info... Searching for anything there is a nightmare, then you make a thread asking for what you're looking for and basically get trolled for not sitting on the site 24/7. It's really unsettling for me, but I feel like I may be the only one who feels this way about the site lol.

I agree, a lot the SPriest.com info is really dated and would probably confuse new priest. New's guide is the best one I have seen so far out of this, SP.com and EJ.com that I troll often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    I was having a discussion about shadowpriest.com with my guildie just the other day.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so there's many things about the site that have been bothering me. The outdated forum style, the old information/sleeper accounts that never get pruned, the general lack of moderation (several of the mods/admins haven't logged in since last year). I think that selling the website and showing it no attention will eventually kill it. Many of us are always migrating elsewhere, like these forums for example. My biggest issue is the old info... Searching for anything there is a nightmare, then you make a thread asking for what you're looking for and basically get trolled for not sitting on the site 24/7. It's really unsettling for me, but I feel like I may be the only one who feels this way about the site lol.
    No, you're not. I didn't want to get flamed or be incorrect on specifics. I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. I also agree with Zenkai that right here is just about the best place to get information (New's guide), and I much prefer to talk about stuff with one another here. I'm still visiting SP.com though and probably will continue to while Blackmorgrim, Althor and others are posting there. EJ.com as well of course.

I only use it for the BiS gear listings. Everything else is really old or already known.

I agree with all of it. I wish they'd just let the domain name go so someone new could pick it up. I could care less about getting flamed over asking a question, but the issue is that it is a waste of time and they respond so slowly.

I find the best place to get info is here and the WoW forums.
    Last edited by Xelestial; 2011-01-25 at 11:02 PM.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."

10+ Year Old Account
    The site, while having good info, is mostly outdated and runs very slowly and is often down.

Basically what everyone else said above. It does have alot of downtime, but it is a great knowledge source for the new Shadow Priest, as long as you are looking at current date theroycrafting, dps threads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I agree, a lot the SPriest.com info is really dated and would probably confuse new priest. New's guide is the best one I have seen so far out of this, SP.com and EJ.com that I troll often.
    I agree... New happens to be the guildie I was discussing this with. His guide is amazing and he's put alot of work into it.

I'm wondering how many priests would start using a new site, if there was one.

I agree... New happens to be the guildie I was discussing this with. His guide is amazing and he's put alot of work into it.

With the disarray that the current Shadow Priest website is in from both an admin and community perspective, I think there would be a lot of interest if for no other reason than knowing that the information getting posted is current and accurate. Due to the information not being complete/accurate/updated, I'm kicking around the idea of expanding the trinkets spreadsheet I made earlier this week to include all the other slots for my own use to see where upgrades lie based on sim'd data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be down again today all day by the way. For the last 7 hours or so.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 03:13 PM ----------

To be honest, I'm doing fine with here. It's pretty well-moderated and for the most part pretty civil.

Back up at least for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    To be honest, I'm doing fine with here. It's pretty well-moderated and for the most part pretty civil.
    We're totally awesome like that.

Or something. Maybe it's the pie.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Or something. Maybe it's the pie.
    Pie is always welcome. Particularly fruit pies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I've gone off the deep end.

www.HowToPriest.com is now live -- Hopefully we'll get some of the traffic from Shadowpriest.com. At the end of the day, it's there to help people and unite the priest community. And I've managed to talk my awesome guildie, Newnoise, into being a moderator! Also looking for a few more mod-types. Inquire within!

This just launched today, so there's not much up yet... It will take a while to even get any traffic, but as long as one person gets the help they are looking for, I'm happy.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I've gone off the deep end.

www.HowToPriest.com is now live -- Hopefully we'll get some of the traffic from Shadowpriest.com. At the end of the day, it's there to help people and unite the priest community. And I've managed to talk my awesome guildie, Newnoise, into being a moderator! Also looking for a few more mod-types. Inquire within!

This just launched today, so there's not much up yet... It will take a while to even get any traffic, but as long as one person gets the help they are looking for, I'm happy.
    Good luck with it.
    Priests need a new home sp.com is in a bad state for quite a while now.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-02-07 at 09:39 AM.