Thread: Fel Armor

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fel Armor

So after testing it for the first time on the PTR, I realised that it sucks really bad now, I mean on the healing aspect. It heals a 3% of the damage you do, a 6% with talents. This is way much more less healing than it was before... imagine you hit someone with something like 20k...seems a fair number if the target has resil.. but you just receive 600 HP for that hit, 1200 with talents...WTF? Is that even serious? I hope this does not go live... or that it gets fixed before I get in.. I think I'm gonna miss my 2% HP every 5 seconds a lot...

Ps: It may be good for affli, I dunno, I haven't tested it, but as a destro PoV, it sucks. I guess the destro's will need to put some talent points on Soul Leech? if so, I claim to do soul leech restore 2/4% for every destro skill, not just chaos bolt, soul fire and shadowburn (incinerate, immolate (not the ticks, it may be too op), conflagrate...)

Deleted
    Iv told that the new fel armor sucks but no1 belives me. i hope this makes them understand,,

When specced it returns the same amount of health as Vampiric Embrace.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

If you're interested in specific numbers, I've created some graphs at various HP levels to illustrate when the new Fel Armor surpasses the old Fel Armor. Everything can be found at: http://felfire.com/warlock/fel-armor-remake/

Here's the summary:

At 100,000 HP the new Fel Armor is a HPS increase starting at approximately 13,000 DPS, and a HPS decrease below approximately 13,000 DPS
    At 120,000 HP the new Fel Armor is a HPS increase starting at 16,000 DPS, and a HPS decrease below 16,000 DPS
    At 140,000 HP the new Fel Armor is a HPS increase starting at approximately 19,000 DPS, and a HPS decrease below approximately 19,000 DPS
    At 160,000 HP the new Fel Armor is a HPS increase starting at approximately 21,000 DPS, and a HPS decrease below approximately 21,000 DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Xzilend View Post
    If you're interested in specific numbers, I've created some graphs at various HP levels to illustrate when the new Fel Armor surpasses the old Fel Armor. Everything can be found at: http://felfire.com/warlock/fel-armor-remake/

Here's the summary:

At 100,000 HP the new Fel Armor is a HPS increase starting at approximately 13,000 DPS, and a HPS decrease below approximately 13,000 DPS
    At 120,000 HP the new Fel Armor is a HPS increase starting at 16,000 DPS, and a HPS decrease below 16,000 DPS
    At 140,000 HP the new Fel Armor is a HPS increase starting at approximately 19,000 DPS, and a HPS decrease below approximately 19,000 DPS
    At 160,000 HP the new Fel Armor is a HPS increase starting at approximately 21,000 DPS, and a HPS decrease below approximately 21,000 DPS
    the change only really is hurting pvp. not pve.

And we all know that warlock self healing in PvP is currently in a bad state. How could they possibly justify a nerf to our self healing?

Deleted
    Only Affliction had problems with massive self healing. Instead of nerfing the obvious abilities like Siphon Life or Drain Life, they nerf Fel Armor. This change doesn't concern Affli the slightest, because he can just switch to Demon Armor, but it surely nerfs two others specs, especially Demo which has zero self healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    the change only really is hurting pvp. not pve.
    What about farming, soloing content, doing dailies, fun aspect of the lock...?

Quote Originally Posted by kaltorak View Post
    Oh and those, i can live with that. exept soloing old content will suck.

Deleted
    Well, if you only care for raiding, then I agree, the nerf is small. But I hate it for the situations I said. Nerfing by removing fun is bad. I dislike this change more than the isf nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    Only Affliction had problems with massive self healing. Instead of nerfing the obvious abilities like Siphon Life or Drain Life, they nerf Fel Armor. This change doesn't concern Affli the slightest, because he can just switch to Demon Armor, but it surely nerfs two others specs, especially Demo which has zero self healing.
    Don't say it to the developers. Their universe will fall apart. Again.

Let them recognize it in next 2 months's live numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    People that complain about affliction selfhealing just fail. Almost all selfhealing they have can be avoided simply by dispelling dots and interupting haunt and drainlife.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltorak View Post
    I don't mind using Soul Harvest (not in game but the spell that returns shards and hp) every once and a while for that. I too think this will mostly impact demo/destro locks in pvp.

Deleted

Here's the summary:

Thanks for taking your time doing this, but why would I need that info? It's most a PvP nerf than a PvE one, and I'm not focused at doing dps on PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah back to the days of 'WTF LOCK STOP FECKING LIFETAPPING ME NO HEAL YOU'

Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    Thanks for taking your time doing this, but why would I need that info? It's most a PvP nerf than a PvE one, and I'm not focused at doing dps on PvP.
    Do you kill people by osmosis?

Deleted
    no, but I also have to CC, move... you know, PvP.

I think they generally meant that sustained DPS is not as important as burst damage in PVP to get a kill.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Almost all selfhealing they have can be avoided simply by dispelling dots and interupting haunt and drainlife.
    Yeah and all you have to do to stop a DK to heal himself to 100% during Lichborne is to stun him. Easier said than done.
    I'm an Affliction Warlock myself in PvP and i say that Affliction's Self Healing is just too damn strong and it needed a nerf. Blizzard recognized the problem, but they utterly failed by nerfing an ability that is used by all 3 specs and not just Affli. All they had to do is for example nerf the healing bit of Drain Life by 20%, but increase it's damage by 10%.
    Last edited by mmoc1d80589d30; 2011-01-29 at 09:45 PM.

Here's the summary:

thats so wrong anyway, as demo what will heal me when i channel hellfire?