devour magic nerf

lmao is blizzard serious? can someone please tell me how devour is op and tranq shot and spell steal and purge arent? 20 second CD are you kidding me lmaooo. This has to be some kind of joke.
    Last edited by pickles11; 2011-01-25 at 01:51 AM. Reason: spelling

auto cast with no mana cost/worry for you? hmmm yea no spellsteal and purge are having a mana increase, making those two plus tranq shots hurt the caster/hunter if spammed...
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

Quote Originally Posted by pickles11 View Post
    lmao is blizzard serious? can someone please tell me how devour is op and tranq shot and spell steal and purge arent? 20 second CD are you kidding me lmaooo. This has to be some kind of joke.
    Tranq shot and purge require the player to actually do something.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The automation 'click and forget' mentality is what blizzard have been trying to get rid of this expansion. I do agree that it needed a nerf, but maybe taking it to a 20 second cooldown was a bit much. Just removing the auto cast and upping to maybe 12 second CD would have done the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonimy View Post
    The automation 'click and forget' mentality is what blizzard have been trying to get rid of this expansion. I do agree that it needed a nerf, but maybe taking it to a 20 second cooldown was a bit much. Just removing the auto cast and upping to maybe 12 second CD would have done the trick.
    ya thats what i was thinking. i dont think blizzard knows how to balance classes anymore.

Blizzard likes to over nerf unfortunately.
    Such feeble minds..

why? with fear bombs/pet silence.... locks have more then enough tools to keep someone from casting anything beneficial... and 20 secs goes by faster then shit when your in a serious fight
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

Deleted
    I agree with Leonimy. 20 seconds is a bit of a joke considering shit like spellsteal, which is a ridiculously overpowered spell right now, is and has been around for a while now.

Removing the auto is something I like, though, alot, and as a paladin the change in general pleases me quite alot, seeing as I won't have idiotic warlocks purging my BoSac/BoP/BoF/random buffs off as soon as I put them on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance I guess, all about the balance.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maladorian View Post
    why? with fear bombs/pet silence.... locks have more then enough tools to keep someone from casting anything beneficial... and 20 secs goes by faster then shit when your in a serious fight
    Well, if the move was made a move you had to think about and use effectively (not auto) then it would be like any other dispel. The reason people bring the felpuppy into pvp is (mainly) because of its spell lock, but also that it auto strips. Having the offensive dispel will still be useful no doubt, but 20 seconds just seems overkill for a single dispel.

I'm happy though either way. Don't play a lock :P

Well, if the move was made a move you had to think about and use effectively (not auto) then it would be like any other dispel. The reason people bring the felpuppy into pvp is (mainly) because of its spell lock, but also that it auto strips. Having the offensive dispel will still be useful no doubt, but 20 seconds just seems overkill for a single dispel.

I'm happy though either way. Don't play a lock :P
    eh truthfully (not saying they were faceroll) but locks will now have even more reason to play their class/choose their pets wisely...

as a hunter pvp'n, i dont just spam tranq, i save it for a buff that needs to be gone (lust/hero, hots, warrior enrages...)

Nothing in this game should be auto. Every ability should be clicked on to activate.

Removing the auto cast alone would not have been a nerf since every lock would simply macro it to all their spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg a nerf it's the end of the world noooooooooooooooo.....

Good players adapt. :/

I don't pvp so this doesn't really affect me. The note that made me laugh was people were purging the soul swap effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-class-dispels

Please refer to here for discussion about this.

Click signature for main character's armory.