Poll: What faction are you going to play in Rift?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Rift Faction Choice

Which faction will you roll in Rift? I for one am rolling Guardian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defiant surprisingly.

Guardians seem like fools

"While some Defiants might reluctantly acknowledge that their methods are dangerous, potentially posing risks to the integrity of the world, they will be quick to point out that the world seems to be ending anyway, so everything is worth the risk. Besides, if the world is destroyed, who will be around to complain about it?"
    Last edited by Alraml; 2011-01-25 at 02:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Defiant, pure based on looks of races

I was just about to make a thread like this. Given I am in the Rift Beta tomorrow. I had the chance to view the enterance to the game, the intro and I am going to be a Guardian. Why? Because how cool is it the gods have your back when you need them.

guaridian just to be less ;o

I am rolling a Guardian simply because so far I like the quest area better in beta

Defiant because machines are way cooler then gods

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Defiant all the way. How can you deny playing a faction that has created bad ass techno-magic that not only brings the dead to life but can send you back in time!

Does this game have anything to do with Rifts by Palladium games? That game also has techno wizardry, but I couldn't find a connection.

Anyway, I haven't decided yet, but I might go guardian since I don't think machinery and magic should really mix.

In every beta event there has been like way too many Defiants for two reasons;

1. Everyone suddenly seems to enjoy playing "evil" races.
    2. Defiant racials are fucking OP.

They devs have said they are adressing the racial issue though so hopefully it won't be like that at release.
    I'm probably going Guardian simply because it's gonna be the side with the least population which means instant BG queues and more world PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Does this game have anything to do with Rifts by Palladium games? That game also has techno wizardry, but I couldn't find a connection.

Anyway, I haven't decided yet, but I might go guardian since I don't think machinery and magic should really mix.
    Well looking the population of gnomes and goblins seems technology and magic work well
    I will be Defiant

Defiant!!!
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    I'm probably going Guardian simply because it's gonna be the side with the least population which means instant BG queues and more world PvP.

this !

no need waiting 1 hour for BG ^^

i just wanna spend some nice time not waiting ^^

Anyway just gonna play it casual style next to wow

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    In every beta event there has been like way too many Defiants for two reasons;

1. Everyone suddenly seems to enjoy playing "evil" races.
    Which is depressing because growing up when I first started playing MMO's I always picked evil looking characters or names from the age of 9.. 10 years later everyone wants to be evil.. now I'm just like everyone else. =/

Something interesting I found out. While watching one of their PVP videos. That you can actually battle for "where" the next rift comes out. For example if you beat the other faction in a match more likely the next rift shows up on their land, can anyone confirm any of the vague details about this?

Deleted
    Eth, mother -profanity-

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly Guardians seem more tempting.

MMO-Champion is probably a bad place to base this decision on anyway

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Something interesting I found out. While watching one of their PVP videos. That you can actually battle for "where" the next rift comes out. For example if you beat the other faction in a match more likely the next rift shows up on their land, can anyone confirm any of the vague details about this?
    I can confirm the vague detail that it doesnt' exist.

Guardian.

The picture of the Mathosian is too much to ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

lol, love the horde posers automatically going defiant. Just by going from the website alone, defiant look like crap.

At least on guardian, Mathosian would look pretty boss in decent armor.