Poll: What faction are you going to play in Rift?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Guardian.

The picture of the Mathosian is too much to ignore.
    My thought exactly

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    lol, love the horde posers automatically going defiant. Just by going from the website alone, defiant look like crap.

At least on guardian, Mathosian would look pretty boss in decent armor.
    Lol people that judge people based on nothing at all. Im going defiant and i play alliance derp

Lore and faction I feel most comfortable with, Gaurdians.
    Ones with better racials, Defiant.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus on top of a truck ... thats moving very fast!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I stated earlier I will be playing Defiant, however seeing the posts stating people only want to play the 'evil' side nowadays feel I should say more.
    I played Alliance for roughly 5 1/2 years, I've recently faction changed to horde horde simply for a change of scenery.

In Rift, I will be a Defiant. From my understanding of the little lore I have read (very little) they are not evil. In fact they are trying to save the world, which seems like a pretty good goal to me. The reason the two separate factions exist are that the Defiant lost faith in the Gods when they got lazy and let Regulos stomp their world. As a result the Gods rejected them and selected those still faithful, The Guardians, to save the world. Since the Gods already screwed up once the Defiant basically went "Screw them, they can't do anything right, we need us some technolology to make us some ascended and do this thang our way! Get top men onto this right nao!", and so the Defiant Ascended were born.

In my opinion most mmo's don't even have an evil side. Simply two teams head butting each other to show off who has the bigger epeen.

TLDR: Defiant aren't evil.*

*[Disclaimer] Like I said above, haven't read much into the lore so I may be totally wrong and Defiant may be colossal a$$ hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    TLDR: Defiant aren't evil.*

*[Disclaimer] Like I said above, haven't read much into the lore so I may be totally wrong and Defiant may be colossal a$$ hats.
    Even if they aren't really evil, they're the lesser of two goods so might as well call them evil.
    It's just an easy way to describe the setting of factions, in most MMO's.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see how it's easier to call them evil however the Defiant as far as I'm aware aren't evil at all, they simply don't believe the gods will save them and are therefore trying to save the world themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I see how it's easier to call them evil however the Defiant as far as I'm aware aren't evil at all, they simply don't believe the gods will save them and are therefore trying to save the world themselves.
    Athiests are evil.

Debate over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just found out I got into the beta. I'll go with whichever faction has the sexiest race. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Athiests are evil.

Debate over.
    I was over there in the forums for Rift . Some people had expressed that the people playing defiant are atheists and this is a matter up for debate but it's not that the defiant don't believe in the gods. They are just saying you had your chance, and we are going shape our own future because we can't trust in you.

So they were burned earlier by something happening and blame the guardians for not doing anything about it. They decided to take matters into their own hands. That is just my two cents personally I love the guardian's and how cool is it, that you are brought back to life to work in their honor.

I know most people like the defiant as the "cool, evil, interesting race" it depends on the person. I'd like to hear what most of you think after playing the beta. It's just short though, only a week

When my friend and I were looking over the races on the Rift website, we said something along the lines of: "So, Guardians have Humans, Elves, and Dwarves... boring.. Defiant has Ching-chongs, Talibhan, and aliens. The choice is obvious!" So yeah, we're going Defiant (as if the choice wasn't obvious before we even looked at them. "Evil" faction is better in every way.)

PS: We don't mean any offense or racism by our terminology used for the Defiant races. My friends and I tend to joke around about shit like that with eachother.

Deleted
    Defiant due to their logical way of thinking and doing things, also techy stuff makes me all giddy :F
    Guardians are just...BLERGH, basic brainless 'good guys' even though I'm seeing them being more of the evil ones, what with their mindless zealotry and stuff...
    Also god-smacking, my favourite past-time...besides sex.

I'm going Horde. Actually, I'm continuing to be Horde.

Deleted
    Anti-theism FTW!! Defiant all the way!

I think I'm going Defiant, because I like races that involve themselves technologically. Probably going Eth for said reasons. Guardians seem too much of a soapbox zealot to me, and not in the cool Tzeentch way, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    1. Everyone suddenly seems to enjoy playing "evil" races.
    2. Defiant racials are fucking OP.
    People have always thought the evil races are more cool.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Defiant because machines are way cooler then gods
    Same for me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Defiant, i lik theyr cause beter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going guardian...i usually go evil races/ classes plainly because they are more fun but i really hate the look of the ones in rift

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    People have always thought the evil races are more cool.
    No they haven't.
    In both Everquests the majority played 'good' races.