Guild Event Ideas

So, on the old WoW forums, there was this huge thread about guild events. This thread listed stuff like playing Red Rover in Gurubashi Arena, playing dodgeball with 20-40 leatherworking balls, Tauren Darts in Thunderbluff, and "Rat Races" (what used to be level 1 races from one zone to another, but now level 10 due to the restriction for joining raids).

The reason for this post is: What does or what has your guild done for fun when not raiding or grinding heroics? What fun things keep you playing between raids?

Gurubashi Arena often sees a lot of ganking traffic, so a great arena to use is Nagrand Arena. It's isolated and functions in the same way that Gurubashi does. We've had free for all bouts there in my old guild.

I know on my old guild we used to see how long we could take over the Crossroads until we'd get pushed out. Sometimes we'd keep it for an hour or longer.

A couple buddies and I would play hide and seek while waiting for raids.

Suprised there wasn't more replies. What about since the expansion? There used to be a triathalon you could do from the Blood Elf starting area to booty bay, anyone found a good spot in eastern kingdoms to make that doable again (now that there is a canyon between loch modan and badlands)?

Our guild did a critter killing competition and after we all wen't to the best spot and got our guild achievement.
    Recently i hosted an event called "hide and go z" In which I wen't to a zone and hid, this time it was darkshore. I gave hints every 5 mins and the first person to find me got a nice prize. Now the funny thing was I am a hunter, i hid behind a waterfall and used camo. One of my guild mates actually flew into me then turned and left.

Nice. Did you guys decide to ban abilities like that afterwards? I.e, using camo/stealth? Going into a zone like Darkshore is fine, it's not that big. But going into a zone like Deepholm or Storm Peaks would take forever, and IMO you should at least be visible, just hiding/sitting behind something.

I try to pick low levelish zones so that if lowbies wan't to play they can. I might not use camo next time, I was doing so because i didn't specify that they couldn't go around trying to macro target me. Because the only real rule i made in the start was no tracking. So for next time I will lay out the rules a bit better. But it was very entertaining to watch my friend fly into me

I bet it was. One thing we do often is group up for the Tol Barad dailies. Well, earlier last week, we decided to to all the Therezane dailies together as well. We had the quest that was given by Ricket in the Crumbling Depths (the one that you use the bomb to get the little shards). If you are standing close to the bomb when it blows, it launches your character a distance. We decided to try to get a constant chain going, have one person start by getting hit by one bomb, then almost landing before another one blew up under them. It was really fun, everyone was laughing and having a good time. There's no real way to make a contest out of that, but you get the idea, fun things like that to do in between raids.