question on starfall usage

Hi all,

I have a question with regards to starfall as we know if we glyph for starsurge we might get really quick starfall cd. So my question is actually since we get bonus damage on starfall on lunar eclipse do we save it till lunar eclipse then we use it or can we use it on non-lunar/solar eclipse? what im doing atm is i'll use it whenever it's up on a short fight, and try to keep it for lunar on long fights. Any upper tier boomkin has comments on this?
    Apedog
    <Shidavéré> US-Frostmourne
    85 Blood Elf Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    It's best to use starfall off cd unless you're only one or two casts away from lunar.

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

You got it about right, for short fights (where you know the mobs will last longer than 10 seconds after you hit lunar) Pop starfall on cooldown, for long fights, wait for lunar eclipse. Also, for any fight with adds that spawn that need to be quickly killed, pop starfall whenever they appear, as the 10 extra stars will outweigh the 40% buff from eclipse. If you can hit lunar while still being safe leaving them up, hit lunar first and then starfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

thanks for all your feed backs guys!
    Apedog
    <Shidavéré> US-Frostmourne
    85 Blood Elf Priest

On single target its worth waiting like 1/3 of the CD for it so you can use it in lunar. In aoe unless you about to enter then its generally not worth it to wait