Prot War tanking Nef

Hey so tonight My guild has been continuing our attempts on Nef , and i have been tanking her in p1.

Some time my healers dont complain and say its easy to keep me up, where other times they are freaking out and spamming heals and cds just to keep me up throught the dmg. We have a raid sac for the first crackle , and I shield wall through the 2nd crackle. And towards they i will either take alot of dmg from shadowflame and a crackle combo followed by a melee which kills me or the healers runs oom spam healing me and i die.

I am keeping demo shout and TC up at all times aswell and using my shield block on CD, and popping enraged regen and last stand if im about to take massive dmg. Most of the dmg i am taking is Melee dmg follow by shadow flame breath.

Can you guys check out my gear and tell me if there are things i can change to make my survivability go up? And has anyone had experience with this and how did you guys counter it! ?

My warrior is Entwine on Vashj US

Thx ~ Entiwne

I tanked it a few times and used the tank trinket from TB, situational trinket but thats a good instance for it on some...

I'm Warrior tanking it too and having healers panic. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. The damage appears to be a 50/50 mix of magic and physical.

The TB trinket is a must. You then have 2 great CDs. Magic resist and Shield Wall. Save these so you can have one per Crackle. Last stand and enraged regeneration can be backup for things going badly. Shield Block should always be used, but there's a slight advantage to having it after a breath.

Other thoughts:
    -- Nefarian normally has the melee on him. You might be able to have the priest put a lightwell near you. Use it sparingly but usefully.
    -- Onyxia has to be turned to stop people getting hit by lightning but it means they get tail swiped. I'm especially thinking of the Ony tank's healer. I found that I can count to 4 before turning her, that way you're minimising the tail swiping.
    -- Make sure drakes sufficiently far apart.
    -- If you tilt the heads of the dragon inwards a little, the tanks can be close enough to each other that a healer can stand in the middle and reach both tanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twine/advanced

Have you tried swapping tanks to see if it's the healers or the tank that is having the issue?

I think healers tend to panic with crackle and use heavy spells to "get the same" when technically, they won't be taking any damage for another 10%.

Deleted
    we had the same Problem, i was a Druidtank tanking onyxia with a pally keeping me up. In some Trys he had Trouble getting me over 50% and was getting to phase 2 nearly oom. The Warri who was tanking nef didnt had any Problems during Phase 1.

Some say onyxia ist making more Damage while her bar is filling up, i cant affirm that from my experience. ALso make sure theyre at leas 40y away from each other or they get buffed with "children of Deathwing"