Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post

ive kept my eye on this list from before WoW was live, and so far its held up pretty good (besides level changes/renaming of zones). What are your thoughts on this?

its particularly interesting to note that the Developers had (at least at one time) thought of using the pandarin race/starting zone, which would leave me to believe another playable race.
    so you haven't kept your eyes on it since before wow went live and im just curious as to how you think the developers had anything to do with a player's Predictions?

whoever posted that 'confession' post about him creating the list is incorrect. i still have the bookmarked saved in IE, and it was originally added in 2005. not sure where the disconnect is here, but that list was out long before 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Yep, but invading a demon infested place..? That will be really hard to pull off in lore.
    Not really, i believe the story off the Draenai says something about searching for help against the Legion, that doesnt strictly have to be in outlands.

I believe we will charge for Argus (last known position of the entire Legion) after we get some kinda word/prophetic dream about Turalion or something

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    so you haven't kept your eyes on it since before wow went live and im just curious as to how you think the developers had anything to do with a player's Predictions?
    ive read your question a few times and im having a hard time figuring out what it is youre asking.

if the list is fake, then of course the point is null.

if the list is real, then of course the point is valid.

Deleted
    I could see Nozdormu playing a part in the final expac (not convinced yet that it could be the emerald dream, since thats too obvious)...
    He said to forgive him for the crimes of the future. While it could just be to the blue dragonflight, it could also mean becoming corrupted or bringing down the titans wrath or something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, but invading a demon infested place..? That will be really hard to pull off in lore.
    But that's essentially what we did in Outland, isn't it? It would just be Outland x10! With more eredar ladies.

Oh yes.

moTheory - My new website where I overthink games. (WIP)

Didn't Blizzard say at Blizzcon that the Emerald Dream would not be its own expansion, but a major content patch for Cataclysm?

(Spoiler(s) ahead)

In Stormrage, all but an inkling of the Emerald Nightmare has been eradicated, the culprit was Xavius, the prime adviser to Azshara whom Malfurion turned into a tree; driven even more insane and granted more power by an old god who contacted him once his roots reached far enough down.

Blizzard has also already stated there will be an old god this expansion named N'Zoth, who happens to be the one who sparked the Emerald Nightmare. http://www.wowpedia.org/N%27Zoth

As for a Burning Legion expansion, that would make a lot of sense. The Naaru recruited the Draenei as part of an "Army of the Light", which will inevitably engage in a final battle against the Legion. There are speculations that the Alliance and the Horde, and indeed most sentient beings on Azeroth, will also help to make up this "Army of the Light". http://www.wowpedia.org/Naaru#History
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-01-25 at 01:51 PM.

whoever posted that 'confession' post about him creating the list is incorrect. i still have the bookmarked saved in IE, and it was originally added in 2005. not sure where the disconnect is here, but that list was out long before 2007.
    You know to be taken seriously you'll need more proof than 'because I said so.'

Deleted
    Americans will invade Azeroth, consider the races as a threat to "National Security" accuse them of having WMD's and then bomb them to death...

No no im just joking of course.

Surely we will see the return of Kil'Jaden from being trapped within the Twisting Nether and finally take care of him once and for all ending the threat of the Burning Legion to the Universe.

Then the Horde and Alliance either A) Kiss and make up
    or b) Wipe each other out

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say at Blizzcon that the Emerald Dream would not be its own expansion, but a major content patch for Cataclysm?

(Spoiler(s) ahead)

In Stormrage, all but an inkling of the Emerald Nightmare has been eradicated, the culprit was Xavius, the prime adviser to Azshara whom Malfurion turned into a tree; driven even more insane and granted more power by an old god who contacted him once his roots reached far enough down.

Blizzard has also already stated there will be an old god this expansion named N'Zoth, who happens to be the one who sparked the Emerald Nightmare. http://www.wowpedia.org/N%27Zoth

As for a Burning Legion expansion, that would make a lot of sense. The Naaru recruited the Draenei as part of an "Army of the Light", which will inevitably engage in a final battle against the Legion. There are speculations that the Alliance and the Horde, and indeed most sentient beings on Azeroth, will also help to make up this "Army of the Light". http://www.wowpedia.org/Naaru#History
    awesome info, thank you. makes me super excited about future content patches.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    They also said they had an entire Emerald Dream Expansion being produced, but quit half way and worked on Burning Crusade <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You know to be taken seriously you'll need more proof than 'because I said so.'
    well the link to it goes to the old wow forums, which leads to the new battle.net default homepage. and if i posted a screenshot of my bookmarks folder, people will just say i edited the date myself.

not sure this is a winnable battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAnt View Post
    I could see Nozdormu playing a part in the final expac (not convinced yet that it could be the emerald dream, since thats too obvious)...
    He said to forgive him for the crimes of the future. While it could just be to the blue dragonflight, it could also mean becoming corrupted or bringing down the titans wrath or something along those lines.
    Nozdormu IS Sargeras!! You heard it here first, folks.

/tinfoilhat

I like how I posted the guy's comment admitting it's fake, and the original is clearly dated 2007.... Yet the credibility of the list is still being discussed/argued for. Brings many the lulz. Please continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    They also said they had an entire Emerald Dream Expansion being produced, but quit half way and worked on Burning Crusade <_<
    Indeed they did, but that was before the book "Stormrage" was released... I think, instead of having us play out ALL of the events in the Emerald Nightmare, they had Richard Knaak pretty much eradicate it in the book, only leaving some in "the deepest, darkest parts" of the Dream. Now, we'll go in and clean it up for good. The following is just speculation, but to me it makes sense: Perhaps after we clear out the Nightmare, N'zoth gets pretty angry at us for ruining his work, and attacks. Maybe the fight could take place between the Dream and the real Azeroth? /nerdgasm /loregasm
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-01-25 at 03:12 PM.

I hope there won't be any more old gods... never liked them, never will.
    I rather have a Twisting Nether expansion.
    The last one is Z'Noth. It's more than likely it will appear in a Cataclysm raid. He's responsible for the corruption of the Emerald Dream, creating the naga, and corrupted Neltharion (now known as Deathwing).
    Last edited by Glazenbohr; 2011-01-25 at 02:04 PM.

everyone seems to be in agreement that the final expansion will be sargeras/bl related.

what are you guys's thought on the 2 expansion prior to the 100 levelcap mark? where do we go from here?

So I guess everyone pretty much agrees that the Naaru will help us.
    Sounds good enough for me!
    Thats pretty much a given isnt it? the Naaru are basically the opposite of the demons ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Glazenbohr View Post
    The last one is Z'Noth. It's more than likely it will appear in a Cataclysm raid. He's responsible for the corruption of the Emerald Dream, creating the naga, and corrupted Neltharion (now known as Deathwing).
    No... not really.

1: He's named N'zoth. (Saw your edit, sry for being a grammar perfectionist)

2: Deathwing was corrupted by the combined forces of all the old gods, i would guess the one who was the actual connection was Yogg'Saron due to the voices in his head.

3: there are speculations of att least 2 more, one in northern eastern kingdoms and one in location unknown. (Nzoths body should be somewhere below the ocean)
    Last edited by Zorial; 2011-01-25 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pwii View Post
    Kil'Jaeden will definitely be back too. I have pondered Sylvanas going off the hook and having to be put down, but I think it is the Alliance's turn to have a traitor. One no one would see coming, like Tyrande. That would floor people.
    Arthas? ><
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone seems to be in agreement that the final expansion will be sargeras/bl related.

what are you guys's thought on the 2 expansion prior to the 100 levelcap mark? where do we go from here?
    Some sort of planar one, since that's the standard expansion every MMO eventually gets to, it seems. Another one after that could be something wild though, I think they'd have to mix it up. Maybe an entire CoT-style expansion, where you enter time warps or whatever that alter old zones into past or future versions of themselves. And of course, higher level as well.

No clue. But I think one will have to be very different to refresh a player base in 2-3 years. The game will be 10 years old by then, if they stick to their XP every 1.5 to 2 years plan.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 06:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhonors View Post
    Arthas? ><
    Arthas never did it for me. The second you started WC3, you knew where it was going. Down a very recycled story path.

Horde had the last major traitor (Kael'thas), so I say again, it is the Alliance's turn.