Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    ^ This.

And it removes the pain of having to grind through normals just to get that ilvl 333 pair of gloves that never drop for you, for some odd reason. Now you can use all that JP to replace the time wasted to get yourself a nice set of gloves from the JP vendor.
    Or that Parry trinket in Grim Batol which finally dropped for the first time for me yesterday only for some retarded Hunter to need on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I don't see how this is incentive for anyone to run dungeons more. I'm 4k JP capped and I have been for like..a month. Why would I do dungeons again?
    Well the game isnt revolved around JUST you :P

If you're looking to recapture nostalgia.. It's not going to happen.

This is making the jump from questing to heroic dungeons a lot smoother. Blizzard already admitted they screwed up by not having more 85 dungeons for people to run. This is a partial fix, giving players an easier way to make the jump. I know personally the RNG on drops sucks. You have a 1 in 5 chance of running a dungeon, then a 1 in 5 chance of getting a drop. Give a bit of bad RNG and you could be wearing 289 for your first heroic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    lets say they inquire to use your brain at full capacity which is hard for a good chunk for the wow playerbase and have a decent raid setup ( as in not 5 melee and 1 range XD)
    Most fights are doable with 4 melee 1 range o.O

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Most fights are doable with 4 melee 1 range o.O
    we had a problem with halfus with that setup had to trade out 2 melee maybe it was the melee themselve

I like the changes as well. Im 4k capped and have bought all the Heirlooms for 1-80. Im extremely interested in buying Maelstorm crystals with JP pts. Our raiding team is undergeared right now, this would help alot! Im a noob that is geared with a 4.5k hero gs, our avg gs on our team is 3.9k.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnik View Post
    I guess the transition from Normals to Heroics with be a little less painfull now.
    Hear ye, hear ye.

Next stop: Epics from Heroic end bosses!

Though it will probably be after the next tier is released.

Then the tier after that we'll get the 5-mans with ilvl 385 gear on every boss.

Completely lame.

Why?

1. Why do I need "incentive" to run something I don't need to do anymore? I run heroics now, why take a step backward?

2. Eventually, when the next tier rolls out, T11 pieces will be available for JP. This means people will be able to get T11 gear without so much as setting foot inside a heroic. This is not fair to them, and not fair to people who pug with them. There will be no skill check between normals and raid ALA WotLK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I don't see how this is incentive for anyone to run dungeons more. I'm 4k JP capped and I have been for like..a month. Why would I do dungeons again?
    Can also buy trade goods with the patch.

I really like the change, especially for my alts which i have 4 that are in the 83-84 range so hoping this patch comes soon

I like the change too. I'm somewhat in between normals and heroics, with ilevel high enough to get into heroics, but wanting to gear up just a bit more. This will make it a bit easier to grab some JP gear and be completely ready for heroics.

Very good change! Now I'll be able to justice myself up for more heirlooms!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that regular dungeons needed more JP in order to get into that JP gear available. However, once you're out of regulars, heroics drop enough JP to propel you to JP cap in a heartbeat. JP cap is just outright silly. That said, the next logical move is more VP, because lets face it, unless you're regularly downing raid bosses, you're not even hitting VP cap each week, but you're still running multiple heroics a day.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I agree that regular dungeons needed more JP in order to get into that JP gear available. However, once you're out of regulars, heroics drop enough JP to propel you to JP cap in a heartbeat. JP cap is just outright silly. That said, the next logical move is more VP, because lets face it, unless you're regularly downing raid bosses, you're not even hitting VP cap each week, but you're still running multiple heroics a day.
    how about they hand you epics on a silver plater too
    ffs why would you want epics if your not raiding ......

Should make gearing to do heroics more reasonable, and also an added bonuses for those trying to get heirloom gear since they jacked up the cost of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be great when I want to get my rogue geared up for heroics. Even better when the next tier of raids come out as I can run normals to farm T11. Great change

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lthompson94 View Post
    Completely lame.

Why?

1. Why do I need "incentive" to run something I don't need to do anymore? I run heroics now, why take a step backward?
    Did you consider the other side of the fence? My warrior is running normals because I'm not confident in my gear at the moment. However, the rock wall that's in my path is I don't need anymore upgrades from normals. Yet I still don't feel comfortable to go into heroics with the couple low ilvl pieces I have. This way, I can keep farming normals and getting JP so I can buy the JP gear and actually feel comfortable going into a heroic. Or would you rather me join your group on my undergeared tank? My ilvl may be 339, but I still don't feel heroic ready.

Quote Originally Posted by lthompson94 View Post
    2. Eventually, when the next tier rolls out, T11 pieces will be available for JP. This means people will be able to get T11 gear without so much as setting foot inside a heroic. This is not fair to them, and not fair to people who pug with them. There will be no skill check between normals and raid ALA WotLK.
    ALA WotLK. Yet... you still raided then with success (maybe). If people only run regulars they won't be getting near the amount of JP you'd get from running the heroics. Honestly I think this will keep more undergeared players from joining heroics.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 of my alts are raid ready. It took a couple days of heroics to get them there. It's not like gearing up a character takes long at all. I just don't really see the need to add more incentives. The only good thing about this is I can just go faceroll normal instances for my mats instead of flying around pickin/mining them.

Now if only they would make the BoA rep enchants actually BoA...I would be happy.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    how about they hand you epics on a silver plater too
    ffs why would you want epics if your not raiding ......
    I am raiding, I raid 2-3 nights weekly for several hours at a time. I'm loaded on JP(sitting at cap ATM), I'm fully decked out in rep epics and the best I can get short of dropping several hundred K on the AH for BoE epics. I have no incentive to run heroics, 70 VP is not enough value to compensate for what a headache the dungeons often are, even when they're full guild runs.

Call it bad luck with drops or just plain vanity I don't care. The 3-4 epics I've picked up so far have made a HUGE difference in my quality as a raider. I want to do better, and right now, better gear is the most obvious flaw in my performance.

WoW is a game, as such, at the end of the day, it should be fun. 40-min queues for shit pugs and so little VP as I have to do this every day for 2 weeks to get anywhere simply isn't fun. I want to get away from that and into more raiding. I'd rather farm BoT trash all day than do even 1 heroic. But you don't get into raiding without the gear and so, I want the gear.

Not a really hard argument to understand is it?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I am raiding, I raid 2-3 nights weekly for several hours at a time. I'm loaded on JP(sitting at cap ATM), I'm fully decked out in rep epics and the best I can get short of dropping several hundred K on the AH for BoE epics. I have no incentive to run heroics, 70 VP is not enough value to compensate for what a headache the dungeons often are, even when they're full guild runs.

Call it bad luck with drops or just plain vanity I don't care. The 3-4 epics I've picked up so far have made a HUGE difference in my quality as a raider. I want to do better, and right now, better gear is the most obvious flaw in my performance.

WoW is a game, as such, at the end of the day, it should be fun. 40-min queues for shit pugs and so little VP as I have to do this every day for 2 weeks to get anywhere simply isn't fun. I want to get away from that and into more raiding. I'd rather farm BoT trash all day than do even 1 heroic. But you don't get into raiding without the gear and so, I want the gear.

Not a really hard argument to understand is it?
    i assume your rading with your guild
    so why not run a roic with them its much much quicker not only because of the que but vent helps alot