Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    2 words

AOE Looting - one of the most annoying parts of WoW fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    Honestly, it hurt my eyes to look at Rift, too shiny.
    Really? If anything I thought WoW was more shiny than RIFT.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dammagia View Post
    2 words

AOE Looting - one of the most annoying parts of WoW fixed.
    GOD yes that's one of the features I love most about RIFT. lol Like I said, it takes the little annoyances other MMOs has and fixes them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its only about personal taste serously......for RIft...i dunno...i will wait and see.

For now, the only mmo i waiting for its Dark Millenium, the warhammer 40k mmo.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

10+ Year Old Account
    Rifts incorporates a lot of really good ideas from Warhammer, WoW, and several other mmos. The fact that the UI is customizable from the get-go is really awesome. Their semi-customizable talent trees are a bit wonky, but not too unlike wow's talent trees. Their combat systems are nearly identical to WoW's. The thing that really bothers me though is their animations. Oh, em, gee. Those are some really truly fugly animations. Just from watching some youtube videos from the beta (which I'm trying tonight), I almost didn't even want to try it. There is something just fundamentally wrong with their animations that makes combat look incredibly bad. However, I have heard reports that they intend to fix the animations.

IMO: Wow killer? No. Solid Wow knockoff? Yeah. Then again, that didn't exactly turn out too well for LoTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Took a gander at the classes, and I really wish I had a Beta key to try it out with.]

Guess I'll have to poke around to find out where to get one...
    Check your inbox

;-)

I played in the last beta and the most interesting part of the game to me was the soul system (talent tree). It seems much more flexible than what we have in WoW. But other than that it seemed like an average game really. I'll probably play a little in this beta too just to see how I like it but I don't see myself quitting WoW to play Rift. Even if this last beta gets me more interested in the game and I buy it, I would most likely only dedicate a very small amount of time to it compared to WoW, and then IF after a few months it's still interesting to me and the game takes off I may consider switching the bulk of my time to that game but I doubt that will happen. I stopped playing WoW for a little while to play Aion and that was a big mistake. I can't believe how much time I wasted grinding in that game, it became so unfun it was ridiculous. That's why I would be very hesitant to ever switch away from WoW to another game unless it somehow really hooked me. Rift may do it, we'll see......

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    I agree with the hype and fail thing you mentioned. This however is the first game where I'm actually seeing a lot of positive reviews so far from those who have been in beta already.

I'd be really nice to enter an MMO on the ground floor, but I don't like buying products that I don't have substantial info on. Which is one of the reasons for the thread.

One thing I will say, from what I've seen so far, the community of theirs is LIGHTYEARS ahead of WoW's in terms of respect, friendliness, helpfulness and overall attitude which is a HUGE selling point for me at the moment considering how toxic WoW's community has become.

I think one thing that will really make or break it for me will be player interaction. WoW is currently a single player game for the most part now and I really miss being required to group up with players I was likely to see again (players on my realm) and the friendships that would come from that. Like I really enjoyed back in BC knowing who was who and meeting players for 5 man heroics and how you could build an established reputation among those on your server. Like "This Huntard is the best ice trapper I've seen, insta friend list him and invite him to run 5 mans everytime I'm online (which I did and we became pretty good friends along with the tanks/healers etc that got added to my list).

You can't compare a community of maybe a few thousand carefully selected candidates to a free market community of millions. Of course the community of millions is gonna have more and louder and visible boogers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the hype and fail thing you mentioned. This however is the first game where I'm actually seeing a lot of positive reviews so far from those who have been in beta already.
    AoC was 10 times more hyped than Rift, reviews were all over the internet pronouncing it as the next big MMO and the king slayer aka WoW killer at the end it turned in one of the worst MMO of the last decade.

I'm going to give away 3 VIP accounts for Rift Beta (you get into the remaining Beta if any also), give me a good reason why I should give it to you, possibly hand out more if I'm feeling nice.

Edit: Giving out accounts around 3 PST.

Edit 2: PM me
    Last edited by Shampun; 2011-01-25 at 04:51 PM.

Unless the game is available for both pcs and macs, then it'll be worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Moved thread to Off-Topic forum. This is a WoW site, threads related to other products belong in off-topic.

NB. posting this before I head home to try out the Rift beta myself. So this is not an anti-anything but WoW post.
    Hmm. Sorry about that. Thought the forum category was correct since I was seeking feedback from those who play WoW as I value their opinion on the game more than someone who is a full time Aion/DCU/etc player since WoW is what I play as well.

Deleted
    This however is the first game where I'm actually seeing a lot of positive reviews so far from those who have been in beta already.
    Then you didn't surf the net much, as this was the same with AION. Lot's of positive reviews, every hardcore WoWer loved it, would play it and it was for sure going to end WoW... Well... It didn't. Even many of those so called hardcore WoWers came crawling back.

I'll give RIFT a go, just like I played EQ2, LotRO, Warhammer and AION, but I don't expect it to be so wonderful that it can make me leave my hunter that I've played for 6 years (and all the lvl 80+ alts).

A mate of mine was looking at gameplay of Rift earlier at college and I was kinda disgusted by how much cloning Rift has done of WoW...I mean wow, its just amazing how they can get away with copying so much

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampun View Post
    I'm going to give away 3 VIP accounts for Rift Beta (you get into the remaining Beta if any also), give me a good reason why I should give it to you, possibly hand out more if I'm feeling nice.

Edit: Giving out accounts around 3 PST.
    Because I'm not a whiny wrathbaby and Rift needs more good people in its community?

Deleted
    I'm a feral druid, so needless to say, I'm looking for alternatives. In about an hour I'll find out wether or not Rift is it.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    IMO: Wow killer? No. Solid Wow knockoff? Yeah. Then again, that didn't exactly turn out too well for LoTRO.
    I didn't know LOTRO was doing badly. In fact, last I heard, it was doing immensely better since going F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Then you didn't surf the net much, as this was the same with AION. Lot's of positive reviews, every hardcore WoWer loved it, would play it and it was for sure going to end WoW... Well... It didn't. Even many of those so called hardcore WoWers came crawling back.

I'll give RIFT a go, just like I played EQ2, LotRO, Warhammer and AION, but I don't expect it to be so wonderful that it can make me leave my hunter that I've played for 6 years (and all the lvl 80+ alts).
    I don't know, with those you mentioned I remember reading a lot of negative reviews. Such as Aion being suuuuuper grindy and Warhammer just being broken, etc. I haven't seen much of those with Rift yet.

ive been in 3 beta's so far and i love it. its a nice change of pace from wow. im not canceling my wow account, but i am gonna let it die for a month or so, so i can play rift and see how its "final product" feels.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

I'll be trying it, why? Because it's something different.
    Bored sh1tless of Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    I'm not going to waste my money until it's a can't miss and everyone and their mother is telling me how great it is. I really like Cataclysm; no need for me to switch anytime soon. How many early adopters of the next "WoW killer" are now back in your guild and/or on your friends list?

I don't know very many people who're still playing AoC, Aion, or any other crap MMO that was supposed to kill WoW.
    I know I touched on this subject before. However no one is saying "Wow Killer" where are you getting this from? Everquest mmo was created before Warcraft and it's not dead. No one is telling you this will kill wow. Most likely if anything wow will be there as long as people subscribe to it. It likely will take a drop in subscribers but won't be killed.

As for someone who has played Warcraft a little bit before BC came along. I can say I am tired of doing the same old tired quests, of killing 2000 mobs to gain half a bubble. Spending my valued time to get to end game where I pretty much do the same dungeon every other day in hopes to get a small reward in shape of badges to buy gear, to repeat the whole process. I'm simply bored of this.

Rift wow clone or not. What you will call it caught my eye for several reasons. For one, they claim that rifts will open in an area without notice or warning. That the people in the area either Guardians or Defiants will have to fight whatever comes out of it until it's closed. Those who are there the longest will get the most loot but they explained even if you show up on the 11th hour and help out a little you will get something

Another reason, new storyline and new reason to fight. I am eager to try a PC game with a total new back story however keeping some things in similar to wow. It looks unique, and nothing like the repeated old quests. I am not going back to warcraft ever so this just may be the game untill swtor arrives, or I may keep playing both. I have to know how good the game is when I play the beta in a few hours.