Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    All the people saying 125 is too low... hilarious!
    Started out with 117k hp with others having an approximately the same level of gear if not slightly lower. Was it hard? Sure. But saying it's too low... too low for what? Successfully running a heroic? Obviously, bullshit. Too low for those who are already used to higher levels of gear which make heroics significantly easier and don't wanna put in more effort is more like it.
    It all comes down to how good you and your group are. The lower the skill level, the more gear required, it's that simple.

And no, the groups I ran with weren't superomgkickass nor was my performance top-notch.

wtf are you talking about i did almost all the heriocs with 115k unbuffed or buffed and that was with a new lvl 85 which wasnt perfectly geared...

Deleted
    If you suck at tanking, it wont make a difference if you got 120k or 130k hp.

If you don't, it will be very unlikely that the 10k hp difference will wipe you in any heroic either.

I don't get why people make these hp "requirements" sound so important.

We are in Cata. Stamina stacking isn't king anymore. If you live a few secs without heal, you are good to go. Every health above that is more or less wasted. Avoidance is what you really want now. Or mastery, since you are a DK. Stack either mastery or avoidance.
    If you have nothing but stamina, all your HP isn't going to save you if your healer has to pump healings like there's no tomorrow and is practially oom after half the fight.

Oh, on a side note, just in case: Death Strike is your friend. Don't waste your runes on Heart Strike like many others of those terribad DK tanks.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Deleted
    Depends on class, some classes need more HP than other. DK tanks should have a buttload of HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    125k completely unbuffed is fine. Kinda pushing it, but fine.

That said, I recommend going and doing non-heroics first.
    Agree with Seam the beam.
    Even though I entered HCs with 116k health unbuffed.. >.>
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2011-01-26 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Entered the wrong number of health when I first joined a HC.. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Vosen View Post
    Is 125 too low?
    The question makes no sense. Tanking is not about stamina anymore, avoidance and mitigation are more important than stamina now. 125k hp is plenty, the question that you should be asking is: "Do I have enough avoidance and mitigation to not oom my healer?"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vosen View Post
    Is 125 too low?
    125 HP is to low.

125k is good enough. Had good runs, pug and guild runs with tanks having that, so I do not see a problem with that.

Skill>Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    LAWL at the people saying 125k unbuffed isnt enough!

I was tanking heroics no problem when i had 120k fully buffed, if you have good mitigation and you know how to play youll be fine
    Truth. Don't pay attention to the naysayers. If you have the skill, you can do it.

Deleted
    avg ilvl 315 is fine for hc's, though you need more to enter (unless you cheat! )!

You need to know how to tank and you will be fine.

125k health is fine, just make sure you CC the right mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    125k completely unbuffed is fine. Kinda pushing it, but fine.
    The majority of healers wouldn't agree with the above.

At least more than some of the DPS. And me, the healer.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Deleted
    Doable? Yeah
    Hard on healer? Hell yeah, but by this time most are decently geared to keep you up.

Believe I started heroics on my alt druid from 316 on, just use cooldowns every pull :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmanjack View Post
    The majority of healers wouldn't agree with the above.
    Yeah, but the good healers will.

Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    We are in Cata. Stamina stacking isn't king anymore. If you live a few secs without heal, you are good to go. Every health above that is more or less wasted. Avoidance is what you really want now. Or mastery, since you are a DK. Stack either mastery or avoidance.
    If you have nothing but stamina, all your HP isn't going to save you if your healer has to pump healings like there's no tomorrow and is practially oom after half the fight.

Oh, on a side note, just in case: Death Strike is your friend. Don't waste your runes on Heart Strike like many others of those terribad DK tanks.
    heart strike uses blood runes and those turn into death runes which can be use for deathstrikes... so as long as you dont waste your deaths runes whats the problem?

dont worry about not stacking stam, stam is still a great stat and always will be (look at top end guilds stam is still king). just ensure you have good enough avoidance and plenty of stam and mastery use your cds well. shouldnt be an issue. Did heroics with little over 120k hp on first 2 days of cata release. had no issues. If you are unsure about how much you can tank just ensure your dps can help CC on certain packs.

125 is fine

ill tell you one thing anyone who says you need 125k or higher for heroics unbuffed is wrong i went as a tank into a heroic at unbuffed 106k and we wiped the floor with the instance its called know your fights and youll be fine its not hard. everyones afraid of wiping because they all suffor from wraith syndrome sum times you wipe it happens but if you know the fights youll be fine

Deleted
    125 should be enough

10+ Year Old Account
    hp says nothing. You need avoidance.
    Stamina doesn't change the amount of damage you take. The amount of damage you take equals the amount of healing your healer needs to do. The less healing the healer needs to do, the easier for him. If you got crappy avoidance, the healer is probably running OOM, no matter how much hp you got.