Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SO much fun, and really hard too.
    Wow, you really equate the fact that Arcane's damage comes from one spell to it being boring and easy? The essence of the spec isn't a huge array of spells, but mana management. In fact, I can't think pf another class that has mana management as the main focus of one of their trees (healers excepted). I for one am happy that we have a talent tree with such an unique basis, it makes for interesting variety!

-Now, if they could only add some mobillity and a lil' buff...

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 02:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alexunlv View Post
    Your problem is NOT that you don't understand, your problem is simple: You don't like arcane spec. I don't understand what is the point of this thread.

You don't like a rotation/spec? Fine.

Interestingly, there is a warning to keep the discussion civil, while the OP starts a thread on the premise of expressing his distaste for other players. The OP doesn't want to understand the arcane spec - he has acknowledged that it is for those that are "uncapeable of multitasking and ignorant?"

You try to create an excuse to put down the arcane spec by saying "I don't understand why you enjoy it, if it is so low on dps." If dps was the only factor in selecting your character, then I imagine you would change characters because Mages are NOT the top dps in raids at the moment. But you dont, you continue to play a fire mage.

Again, what is the point of this thread? You don't like arcane? Ok. We get it, you don't like it. If you are a decent Fire mage, why do you enjoy playing a decent fire mage, if there are fire mages that do more dps than your decent playing style? How can you like to play decently if you don't do more dps like the top fire mages?

You cannot NOT insult people when you conclude that the spec you are discussing is for those that are "uncapeable of multitasking and ignorant."
    Yes, I think you nailed the essence of it there. Well done!

Deleted
    I really enjoy arcane PvP because of the control element and the utility of the tree though i agree the PvE rotation/priority system is quite mundane. Fire on the other hand will be very interesting when we can get higher crit to reduce the Bane of RNG. Then again the current reward for the stars aligning when you get a crit PoM/3 stack FFB glyph/LB + Combustion is quite epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You made a thread to tell people that a spec that you don't like is stupid and you're wondering why anyone would like it.

Wow.

Deleted
    Personally i think that all the people that downrate arcane right now are all the people that joined the wotlk arcane bandwagon because it was easy to keep dps high enough to avoid them being kicked out of raids...suddently they can't do it any more, and they blame it on the spec instead of on their lack of logical thinking ,

yes arcane is not and easy spec, if you can't play chess, chances are you'll do poorly in arcane, if you can't handle planning and thinking up ahead of the fight, you WILL fail... arcane is so punishing right now that even 1 extra cast of arcane blast at the wrong time can make you go to the lowest dps position in the group, but i say it again, with proper mana skills and mastery ( 25% or MORE ) NOBODY can out damage arcane mage in ANY single target encounter.

have a friend on our server, i'm aliance he's horde but we're rl friends, hi's in the best guild on our server, he is in full 359's and few 372's , he IS firemage , however when last i was at his place he specced arcane and let me target practice, and let me tell you this , as arcane i didn't much more dps AND damage than he did with fire....arcane just needs better gear, we need a bit more mana , and when you get the gear at roughly 7000 spellpower, you start seeing 140k crits on the THIRD ablst, at 90% ,mana adept, add a Shard of Woe to that ...and the world goes boom

crit/mastery/mage armor stay above 80% mana

blow up dem chots

Deleted
    arcane is very boring imo, its constantly spamming the same spell over and over.

Deleted
    In BC fire was about spamming fireball, frost was about spamming frostbolt. Arcane playstyle was definitly more rewarding than the fire playstyle. Most mages I know played as fire, even for T5 content, where arcane was a viable spec. So I guess it is not only about a fun playstyle.

In Cataclysm a fire mage has more spells to use for competitive dps, especially fires AoE spells are more fun than spamming arcane explosion. But in the end fire is just another tree where you have a priority list. The playstyle for single target dps isn´t really different to the playstyle of other classes. Arcane has a unique mastery that influences your manamanagement strategies. I agree, that spamming AB during the burn phase is very boring, also the conserve rotation is very simple at the moment. The arcane tree just needs some adjustments to exploit its full potential, the core mechanics of arcane already work pretty well together and are unique. Adding a few spells to the burn phase and maybe one to the conserve phase would be enough.

Or most players just prefer throwing with huge burning Fireballs, instead of manipulating arcane energy. In my case, the arcane tree fits to the mentality of my mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's boring as hell. It's somewhat enjoyable on short fights simply because chaining 60-90k crits is awesome. Other than that it's horrible. No mobility, no AoE, no funny proccs to watch out for. It lacks too much.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    Imo, arcane is HARDER than fire.

Why? fire is just spam fireball, keep living bomb up, use pyro when it procs, and use combustion when trinkets rpoc + a good ignite and pyro crit.

Arcane on the other hand, you have to continuely watch your mana, every second you have to make like 3 choices, do I cast another AB, do I go for the missiles, do I start my burst rotation, etc.

Arcane isn't like it was in wrath, in cata you actually have to continuesly monitor many things, and if you lose your focus for 15 seconds your entire dps for 3 minutes could be ruined. (dropping too low on mana, using evocation at a wrong time eventhough you're below 40% mana, etc)

Remember, THIS IS MY OPINION, if you're gonna ay I'm wrong because you disagree, I will ignore you post. If you're gonna say I'm wrong, and bring arguments, I'll reply to it.

Arcane is awesome imo, especially for PvP. But after noticing that my DPS was a little low now, I decided to give Fire a try again and I'm loving it. I'll always use Arcane for PvP though. Being able to control your opponent while casting fast and doing tons of damage = win.

It's not a fact of ignorance or failure to multitask. Maybe Arcane haters aren't looking deep enough into the spec, or they need something to keep their attention for more than 5 seconds. Keeping it civil, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydhayeth View Post
    arcane is very boring imo, its constantly spamming the same spell over and over.
    If this is what you do, you'll be oom 25 seconds into the fight, (even after evocation) and you'll be doing less than 2k dps rest of fight.

But sure, go ahead.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 03:37 PM ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10k DPS?

Lol.
    If you think 10k DPS is competitive, then I can see why you're so ignorant to anything else than what you play.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2011-01-27 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Red face

Arcane is nice i love it for its simplicity. I am not saying i cant manage complicated rotations (my alt is affli lock) but i love to see whats going on on the screen and play the game, not be surrounded by addons, macros to each button and procs each second. Simply Arcane gives me more time to enjoy the game, because it offers simplicity of spells. Now mana management is another issue (i luv it!)

What i find lacking in arcane is the mastery doesnt feel like mastery I want to see huge crits when im near 100% mana with AB4. What i see now (with no procs ) is 35-38K crit which i had in wotlk, same with arcane missiles, 5-7K max (no procs). Kind of lacks the huge single target crits. Even Frost was doing better crits (100+K) before they nerfed it. Seriously my crits are like critical envenoms from rogues, this is just not fine. Rogues, DKs are doing crits like mages, where is the world going to? I feel like Blizz screwed something but of course they will never admit such a thing, they will just fix stuff ) Ah well, ill play arcane till we are nerfed TO DA GRAUND! Then ill go frost DK and pretend my character was a mage but suffered a head trauma, put plate and started swinging a 2-hander.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 04:31 PM ----------

[/COLOR]On a second note, I am VERY happy that most people think arcane is stupid, simple, boring, and what not. Please play fire, play frost. I like to be the only arc mage around, makes me feel special especially with all that homogenization recently.

Speaking of homogenization I expect the new hero class to be a mutant of all existing classes. backstabbing, fire breathing, self healing, plate wearer who can switch to bear form, in which it will shoot arrows out his bum! Hell yeah!
    Last edited by Mitak; 2011-01-27 at 03:33 PM.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Please keep replies in this thread civil. Thread is being watched.
    So its okay for the OP to call those of us who enjoy playing arcane "Ignorant" and "simpletons" but respondants must keep their own posts civil?

I cant post the image just yet bah :O

dont let the meter trick you
    arcane mage may look high DPS on meter but
    lets look at the damage done and do some simple math

according to warlock who have a steady DPS , from what I see on that meter
    1.47M damage 9520.2 DPS so it is 154 seconds combat time
    (1,470,000 dmg / 9520 dps -> about 154 seconds )

with 154 seconds combat time the arcane mage have done 1.04M damage
    the real Damage Per Second he could do is only around 6800 DPS
    (1,040,000 dmg / 154 seconds -> about 6800 dps )

then how could the meter show a 10k DPS?
    it's quite simple the addon doesnt include those time when he doesnt cast anything.

How? it's a result from mindlessly pressing one button ,
    when all mana and mana regen CD is gone , arcane mage will become a scarecrow
    which is capable only 4k actual DPS for next 120 second

now let's look into a rotation part.
    normal (preserve phase) rotation compare to scarecrow rotation

normal rotation
    when AM is not proc AB , AB , Abarr
    total participate time 6.1 seconds (2.35 + 2.25 + 1.5)
    when AM is Proc AB , AB , AB , AM
    total participate time 9.0 seconds (2.35 + 2.25 + 2.15 + 2.25)
    rinse and repeat

scarecrow rotation
    AB , Scarecrow , Scarecrow
    total participate time 2.35 second , actual combat time 6.1 seconds or more
    rinse and repeat

the addon doesnt include those time when he perform a scarecrow

btw those normal rotation above are just a relax version and only yield average DPS
    If arcane mage want to have good (actual) DPS (not just a meter trick) he will require
    a good mana management

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Critpickle View Post
    Somehow I fail to understand why so many people continue to complain that their favorite and fun spec is UP. I mean sure arcane damage is low but how in any way shape or form is it fun? Your essentially a turret spamming a few spells over and over, whereas fire is so much more diverse and reaction based (still to much RNG) not to offend anyone but I just feel that those who insist on playing arcane seriously (right now) are somewhat...uncapeable of multitasking and ignorant? (trying to word this right and not start a rage post). Fire is better in all aspects right now, aoe, single target etc and it's much more fun. Although I suppose that I you find arcane fun then w/e, although i would consider you to be one of those mages who can't get out of the wrath mentality or your somewhat of a simpleton who can't dps effectively unless it's spamming. Anyhow I know it is inevitable that there will be rage posts, and I know that some of my wording will be the catalyst of it, I am no trying to stir the raging troll inside of you . Bit anyhow please discuss!
    after playing arcane for so long in wrath, all the way till hc25, i would really be upset if arcane became the best damage spec again, i would maybe stop playing mage , i just dont think i could do that to myself again

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    If this is what you do, you'll be oom 25 seconds into the fight, (even after evocation) and you'll be doing less than 2k dps rest of fight.

But sure, go ahead.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 03:37 PM ----------

10k DPS?

Lol.
    If you think 10k DPS is competitive, then I can see why you're so ignorant to anything else than what you play.
    fire mage in my raid had 33k on halfus last night

Arcane and fire are two different specs, arcane is really about managing mana / cooldowns , using that high controllable burst for when it matters, arcane is still one of the highest single target nukers (If only for a short period of time). That is why Method is bringing a arcane mage.. He might not do the same overall dps as others, but I can assure you he kicks everyones butt' on adds or anything similiar that needs to be nuked down fast (Not count AoE ).
    On the Sinestra encounter I believe it was the eggs that needed to be deeps'd quick, and with the arcanes highly controllable burst, this could seem like the best spec on that specific encounter.

I find it boring tho.. and probably wont play it unless I have to (Had to go arcane today cos our rets slack and we needed 3% dmg on Chim HC -.-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    fire mage in my raid had 33k on halfus last night
    33k on a boss that gives you damage multiplier like halfus is really bad, just fyi.
    Last edited by Swaap; 2011-01-28 at 03:18 AM.

Arcane has a 20 sec funny singletarget bursttime (if you like big numbers), go back to 100%, 20 secs fun and followed by nearly 2 minutes very low damge, no funprocs, no ae, no real opputunities while moving...and the only range in this game without a dot.
    It is the dumpest playstyle in the game and if this should become the highest damageclass on a patchworkboss, i still couldn´t play . its simply too boring.

We got a arcanelover idiot in our raid, the only one with the 4X t11 bonus and hell good gear - in the first minute is alway top an in the end he is nearly always behind all other casters - i can be glad that someone is doing the job, cause our retributionpaladins all quit their class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    i would really be upset if arcane became the best damage spec again, i would maybe stop playing mage[COLOR="red"]
    Well get prepared to hear the good news... see the PTR sims.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duffybarracuda View Post
    Arcane has a 20 sec funny singletarget bursttime (if you like big numbers), go back to 100%, 20 secs fun and followed by nearly 2 minutes very low damge, no funprocs, no ae, no real opputunities while moving...and the only range in this game without a dot.
    It is the dumpest playstyle in the game and if this should become the highest damageclass on a patchworkboss, i still couldn´t play . its simply too boring.

We got a arcanelover idiot in our raid, the only one with the 4X t11 bonus and hell good gear - in the first minute is alway top an in the end he is nearly always behind all other casters - i can be glad that someone is doing the job, cause our retributionpaladins all quit their class.

how is that possible ? maybe he ain't managing it right, coz i start 1st/2nd and end there ...

and that doesn't mean it's a shitty raid with low dps :/