I have prot questions

Hi I'm a fairly new tank. Just started a little before cata went live and i have questions about my stats. Which 1s I should be focused on and the caps. Also I would like to know about a rotation. Any help would be apreciated. Thx

"I'm in a race with myself and I'm a couple of steps behind, but a few blocks ahead." -Vash

10+ Year Old Account
    Try checking this out...

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110338-...3_2011_4_0_3a/

Should give you a good start.

There's a lot of debate from what I've seen. I've mostly abstained from it, and come up with my own answers... Which could be wrong, so take this with a grain of salt.

From my understanding, you want to balance dodge/parry, and have tons of mastery, as that's our block, and even's out the damage we take.
    As for rotation, just like Ret, it's a priority.. Depending on how you play.

I'm a wogger personally so my priority is essentially CS/HotR (single target vs AOE) -> Judgement -> Avenger's Shield -> Holy Wrath. And when I hit 3HP, I WoG. The only reason I prioritize judgement over Avenger's shield, is that I like to stay near full mana so I can pop something mana burning like holy radiance if I really need to... Just a personal preference. I also glyphed into having the 3HP WoG refresh, so if it refreshes, and I have 100% HP (or dang close), then I use SotR.

Always have your cooldowns ready to pop, as they help tons (Divine protection, GoAK, trinkets, etc). Other than that, I would do more reading, maybe play around and experiment.

K. thx I apreciate the help

"I'm in a race with myself and I'm a couple of steps behind, but a few blocks ahead." -Vash