Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
    Sorry not to sound like a prick but I wasn't asking how many characters you guys had, I was asking HOW you find the motivation to level so many characters without feeling like you're neglecting your main which could be getting more gold/achievements/gear/etc....please don't take offence I am just asking this simple question.
    Sometimes you do a quest or quest chain and enjoy it so much you want to do it again.
    20000 leagues under the sea!

Or you want to run old instances at the proper level / gear
    Sometimes Playing a lowbie escalates into a leveling binge.

Since 4.0 and the talent changes leveling is more fun.

I have been playing for 4 years now so just gradually built up a large number of toons. plus leveling something while bored is a good way to pass time.

85 - Druid , 85 - Mage , 85 - Warlock , 80 - Death Knight , 80 - Death Knight (2nd) , 80 - Druid (2nd)
    80 - Hunter , 80 - Mage (2nd) , 80 - Priest , 80 - Rogue , 80 - Shaman , 80 - Warlock (2nd)
    74 - Warrior , 70 - Warrior (2nd) , 50 - Priest (2nd) , 45 - Paladin

So ya, I have leveled plenty of toons (and multiples of many) over the last few years.

I have:

I've been playing since launch, so I've had six years to do it. Though I did a majority of the leveling in WotLK when it became retardedly easy.

Why are people listing out what they have? Man if this was a essay question, ya'll would get an F.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."

Having multiple toons 80+ for me has just been a side effect of playing this game so long. Eventually after a while you just want to try something different, and also when an expansion starts to become stale (prime example were the last 3-4 months of Wrath) it gives you something to do with your free time since your main/mains are already geared to the teeth.

I have to admit though, while it has slowed me down considerably, I am actually trying to gradually level all four of my 80s to 85 and so far it is pretty entertaining. Leveled my main with my wife, and then we have alt 80s we play when we are bored with the mains. Then I have a toon I play with a trio 1-2 times a week, and then I have a toon that I pretty much solo with whenever nobody else is on. Works well to keep things interesting.

With that said, I have pretty much reserved the fact that I am not going to level another toon with one exception, my wife hits 58 on her Tauren paladin and I promptly roll a DK to play with her. Otherwise, I am quite content with the toons I have

it's not much a matter of motivation. i don't pvp. i don't farm except for specific needs. past a certain point, you don't have much to do, and it was especially true when ICC was out. so i level/gear alts. i had 9 lvl80 toons when cata came out (though most of them were already 70 when wotlk came out).
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelestial View Post
    Why are people listing out what they have? Man if this was a essay question, ya'll would get an F.
    So true lol

Deleted
    I play for 4 years now or something and i have at this moment;

- Level 85 Druid
    - Level 85 Warrior
    - Level 85 Holy pala
    - Level 80 Elemental shaman
    - Level 80 Unholy dk
    - Level 80 MM Hunter
    - Level 80 Affliction lock

And iam leveling up now a priest shadow and a rogue. But both are still under the level 50

Blizzard made levelling way too easy. In vanilla you had to do every quest there was just to go 55-60. No battlegrounds, just grinding quests and redoing scholo, strat, ubrs daily for your blue set armor since nobody was doing MC yet and those who were trying died at the zone in. Now you can skip entire areas of the game world to get 80th, and even then my druid hit 80 and within two hours he was 81, another hour he was half way through 82. Actually took a break because I didn't want to level too fast. I have mutiple 85's, and 80's I don't play just because I'm sick of redoing the same content for the 6-7th time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I have one 85, but 7 other 80-84 alts. I guess my reason of leveling so many because of their profession openings. I hate it when i have to find a blacksmith for my enchanting or find a JC to cut something simple and have to pay them 10g for it. I guess overall, I just wanted the ability to not have to rely on another player(Auction House) for anything on my main.

For me its always been about getting my main to raid level gear, then work on alts.

Currently my Shaman is lvl85 and more then 70% Cata epics.

So I leveled up my hunter, who hit 85 last night. He wont be geared as much cause I rarely gear up more then 2 characters to raid level. Next I'll level my DK tank, and I want to gear him cause my guild needs tanks, and blood DK tanks are awesome!

As for how I level so many characters, you gotta love "The Game"! I don't sit down and level all 8 of my 80s ato 85 at once, that would be stupid and ruin the expansion for me. Its a long process over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelestial View Post
    Because English was always my worst class next to social studies and I'm out of school so I don't want to write an essay?