PvP gear in raiding

So they just delayed the 2200 weapons due to PvE not being cleared fast enough. This post is not really about that but more about PvE Vs PvP gear.

Going back to Vanilla. Top tier raid gear was godlike in PvP and needed to succseed. In tbc the pendulum changed the other way with Raiders doing arena to get easy weapons.

Now they are trying to avoid the same thing... Now heres what may just be my PvP head talking. I fail to see how PvE people doing arena for PvP gear to use in PvE is an issue.

PvP is open to anyone. Granted not everyone will like it equally. But i hardly thing anyone willing to play arena in order to optimize their char would have much trouble going to 2,2k in arena.

I make this assumetion because they are willing to take the time to do so, and are probably good teamplayers since they are willing to sacrefice the time to improve their raid preformans.

Time and teamplay is like 70% of succsees in arena. The rest is Comp settup. And someone doing arena for the items will FOTM for the easiest sollution.

Cause i still feel raiding is mandatory alot of classes if they wanna be the very top of their bracket. This is mostly seen specific in accesories. Trinkets, Necks, rings.... If you want to be BIS for PvP you will probably have to raid some.

Now this in iteself is not so much a issue. Because you can succseed without them.

So this leads to the big question...

Why is it a issue if raiders PvP in order to get PvP weps that they will replace once they get to the HM that drops a PvE equivelent?

The reason Blizzard is very worried about PvE PVP cross over is because they are very different and appeal to different people. I know several people who love PvP but hate Raiding. I personally love raiding but dislike PvP. Ideally you should be able to do PvE without needing to PvP and visa versa. Currently though, Heroic PvE weapons are a tad scarce for certain groups (namely healers, the only heroic 1-hand with spirit drops off H nefarion).

It mostly boils down to Blizzard's Design Philosophy. They believe that PvP and PvE should be completely separate progressions. If you want to PvE but don't want to PvP, then you won't be at a major disadvantage compared to someone who PvPs and PvEs. Conversely if you want to PvP but don't want to PvE, then you won't be at a major disadvantage compared to someone who does both. If I have my 346 blue/359 epic weapon and Jimmy has a 372 PvP epic then I am at a HUGE disadvantage even though we are at the same tier in PvE.

They need to implement a counter-stat to resilience. This stat would replace attack power/spell power on all PvP gear, and would increase your AP/SP (according to spec) against player targets only.

Essentially making them useless in PvE without impacting them at all in PvP. (Although I believe some specs use both AP/SP, ret?)

You bring up two interesting points.

1. why shoulds someone doing both PvP and PvE have the edge.

2. they cannot balance PvE vs PvP unless point 1 is no longer true.