Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Single Minded Fury + daggers

Fury

* Single-Minded Fury now increases damage by 20%, up from 15%.
    I was remembering today vanilla fury warrior, when BWL dw´ing daggers were viable. Now with this change would be fun to check it out again... fast daggers could help us deal with normalized rage?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    I was remembering today vanilla fury warrior, when BWL dw´ing daggers were viable. Now with this change would be fun to check it out again... fast daggers could help us deal with normalized rage?
    ...how would this help you?

Slapping someone in the face with a noodle very fast is still hitting someone in the face with a noodle.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Not gonna happen, why? because daggers instant attacks normalization multiplier is set at like 1.8 which make RB, WW and Slam VERY bad. In comparison, 2h normalization is 3.3 and non-dagger 1h is 2.6 (edit: 2.4).

It's been like that for years and I think it was there during BWL days so if you dual wielded daggers back in BWL, it was not a good idea :P unless normalization wasn't implemented yet. Still, it always been a terrible setup, even without the normalization, simply because of instant attacks based on weapon damage (yay WW that hit like a wet noodle).
    Last edited by Warrax; 2011-01-25 at 10:57 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

actually its 2.4 on non-dagger 1 handers

Mut rogue in plate wut?

The base damage on the daggers would be extremely low, and not viable for raging blow, slam's double it, and blood thirst. you wouldn't likely have rage problems, but you would be hitting like a rogue without poisons, which, if you don't know, blows ass.

No daggers, 2 2.6+ weaopns and go nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalic View Post
    actually its 2.4 on non-dagger 1 handers
    Ya I knew I had something wrong, thanks for the correction.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus what daggers have str on them?
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

How about Claw of Agony and Claw of Torment instead?

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok i take your points, just i had that thought on my mind and i wanted feedback ^^

Ill be trying anyways (single target)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    SMF warriors practically dont even use RB...jus sayin!

Although it would be fun to attack supa fast I don't think it will be very viable

I cant see this being any good but id sure like to see the attack speed with flurry up, double procced hurricane, speed potion and 5 x Execute buff up

Oh and Hero/BL/Timewarp!

Warriors with daggers look utterly stupid
    And as others have said, daggers have less benefit of attackpower due to wpn speed normalization and there is no str ones.
    And normalized rage means just that, all speed of weapons generate same rage over time, fast doesnt give more than slow.
    Slow weapons just rage in bigger chunks and fast ones give smaller ticks, but overall same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Amumu View Post
    How about Claw of Agony and Claw of Torment instead?
    Well those are claws which is fine, it will probably is a decent set of weapons with the buffed SMF in 4.06. The haste proc will help the fact that one of the claws has Agi instead of STR.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter