Thread: 4.0.6 DK PvP?

Deleted

Angry 4.0.6 DK PvP?

Hiya, after seeing the patch notes I have a feeling that Death Knights aint gonna be able to dps as much as Warriors or Ferals (which they hardly do at all)

Now that they are nerfing the pet buff from 100% - to 80%, that really blows since thats the only burst that DK's have. And it's not that much really since Unholy is a bit like Beast mastery-like still hunters pets hit alot more.

But sure, that's fine, just 20% hey, thats almost nothing you say? Okey lets go to Death coil, 10% nerf? It's the most used ability there is for Death knights, and it's getting 10% nerf?

Okey so I don't know how to calculate this so I'm just going for a guess, around 15% dps will dissapear with all the nerf for unholy, that means that we have to go to Frost now?

Frost really blows, it has nothing NOTHING that drains healers mana, poor necrotic strike you will be missed.. 1month and they are pretty much "forcing" us not to use it? Well that's just gr8 what are we suppose to do now to win arenas?

Also saw the Death strike that has been increased brutally, are we suppose to tank down the dps/healer in arenas now? This is just silly!

Not sure if serious?

DKs really aren't that bad off, and this patch is even giving us a movement buff, surely, it's a complicated one and we'll have to see how it works out but it's something.

Besides, frost can use necrotic strike as well? Don't really see your point there. I think the overall damage of unholy will go down a slight bit, but hardly 15%, the change to our mastery will definitely work in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Not me View Post
    Did some 2s with a fury warrior for points.

Are you kidding me ?!? All I was hearing when facing an enemy team with a dk in it, and all it was happening to me was: TRAIN THE FUCKING DK! Apparently the dk is really squishy in arena.

We came face to face with a fury warr/lock team. The warrior was healing like crazy. I had to double check to see if it really was a lock and not a priest or something, AND was doing sick damage. Then I died and the warrior m8 only asked "wtf happened ?" "Dunno, I just died".

I'm seriously considering rerolling fury warrior next patch. Blizzard can keep their necrotic strike and silences. Who needs them when you nuke the shit out of 3.3k resilience in 5 seconds ?!?
    I mean the problem here, is that you and the OP don't have much PvP experience I feel. Furry warrior is better than arms for pvp? Really? you must be kidding. DKs have incredible survivability at the moment and pull off ridiculous DPS especially with the best MS in the game, necrotic strike.

DK nerfs are rightfully placed and understandable. They nerf their dmg which was needed and gave them more mobility. DKs are anything but squishy and it sounds to me like you were playing a low rated 2v2.

Painne, you obviously haven't seen fury on PTR atm. It's retarded - Fury is almost one shotting players in FULL resilience gear.

As for the 'nerfs' - they are actually, not as bad as predicted. Sure we lose pet damage - but you are overlooking the buffs.

First, big mobility buff - Unholy Advantage will be very strong in my opinion (high uptime of no slows, yet our slow is undispellable).
    Second, Scourge strike shadow damage change and our new mastery (cya useless disease damage increase) and hello to more shadow damage - increases Shadow SS damage and death coil damage.

It's not the end of the world. The sky is definitely not falling. Adjust to it.
    Prophecy are recruiting! Visit our website at http://warcraft-prophecy.net/ to find out more.

did they fix the bug where the mastery was not effecting SS on the ptr?

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxide View Post
    did they fix the bug where the mastery was not effecting SS on the ptr?
    a blue post finally stated that it is intended for mastery to affect the shadow portion of ss, however whether or not they fixed it on the ptr yet i do not know

ot: seems like you're just pulling a random number out of the air. the nerfs to pet damage, death coil and rage of rivendare are to account for the sudden increase in damage that ss (shadow portion) and death coil will gain from dreadblade which should lead to more dps from spells/strikes that isn't so reliant on the pet damage for such a high % of our damage. and as it was already stated, unholy advancement should make pvp as unholy as alive and well as ever

Personally I can't fucking wait for 4.0.6. I've tried playing Unholy, I really have, and just every time... meh idk. I just hope that the frost 2H damage buff sort of makes it more competitive.

Seriously though complaining about DK's when we're in a really good position right now is retarded. Especially when you're complaining about us getting huge buffs next patch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, colossus smash + recklessness = annihilated corpse, but that is warriors. At least we will be able to get away from arms much easier with IBF. Hopefully colossus smash will see some changes because it is clearly needed for warriors in pve, but it has way too big of an impact in pvp.

As far as DKs go, I doubt many people share the OP's pov on the class's future. I love playing frost and am stoked about the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Ya, colossus smash + recklessness = annihilated corpse, but that is warriors.
    Yeah... Arms Warriors are going to be epic next patch. We get... a recklessness nerf, an inner rage nerf, a heroic strike nerf, all kinds of mobility nerfs...

The fact is that, after the patch, whatever reason you had before to bring a warrior has now been replaced by a reason to bring a dk.

Edit: Also, Fury applies zero pressure outside of long cooldowns, most of which require enrages, which can be instantly removed by rogues, druids, and hunters.
    Last edited by Zza; 2011-01-26 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zza View Post
    Yeah... Arms Warriors are going to be epic next patch. We get... a recklessness nerf, an inner rage nerf, a heroic strike nerf, all kinds of mobility nerfs...

The fact is that, after the patch, whatever reason you had before to bring a warrior has now been replaced by a reason to bring a dk.

Edit: Also, Fury applies zero pressure outside of long cooldowns, most of which require enrages, which can be instantly removed by rogues, druids, and hunters.
    He makes a fair point. The healing reduction niche that once was arms warriors is now next to useless, nobody really notices 10% reduced healing, but sure as hell they'll notice 20k healing absorbed combined with 30% casting speed reduction. Well ok paladins won't cause they can just instant cast 2 heals through it then laugh but still.

Warrior mobility is fucked and that's all that was killing my healer in 2s, charge, deathgrip back then intercept and i stand here like >:/

Fury causes a STUPID amount of burst however, but again like stated, without those cooldowns is pretty much a joke. Even more so now heroic strike is lollums.

Like i posted a while ago on the other forums though. "You're ignorance is always so funny. Don't worry though you'll get hit HARD with the nerf bat soon and belive me, you won't be able to self heal through it either. Enjoy it while it lasts, you're the same as rets at the start of wotlk. FOTM "

Looks like DKs got some nice buffs tbh, scourge strike hits for way more now thanks to good gear balancing and the movement speed "ghost wolf" as i refer to it has a 90% uptime, nearly 100% if you can stay close enough to use your unholy runes the second they come up, which with being immune to snares, can't be that hard.

R.I.P arms warriors. Don't worry though, you'll get ressed in 4.1.0 with some stupid change to mastery or self heals. Blizz always do something that makes a class so stupidly OP for a season, everyones gotta feel the love at least one.

208% increase to priest bubbles seems to be the way to go, along with immunity to stuns and silences for 4 seconds every 45... THAT'S STUPID ONLY DKS ARE ALLOWED THAT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowgonemad View Post
    Hiya, after seeing the patch notes I have a feeling that Death Knights aint gonna be able to dps as much as Warriors or Ferals (which they hardly do at all)

Now that they are nerfing the pet buff from 100% - to 80%, that really blows since thats the only burst that DK's have. And it's not that much really since Unholy is a bit like Beast mastery-like still hunters pets hit alot more.

But sure, that's fine, just 20% hey, thats almost nothing you say? Okey lets go to Death coil, 10% nerf? It's the most used ability there is for Death knights, and it's getting 10% nerf?

Okey so I don't know how to calculate this so I'm just going for a guess, around 15% dps will dissapear with all the nerf for unholy, that means that we have to go to Frost now?

Frost really blows, it has nothing NOTHING that drains healers mana, poor necrotic strike you will be missed.. 1month and they are pretty much "forcing" us not to use it? Well that's just gr8 what are we suppose to do now to win arenas?

Also saw the Death strike that has been increased brutally, are we suppose to tank down the dps/healer in arenas now? This is just silly!
    Necrotic strike is already nerfed in life (resilience hotfix).

The best thing is the new slow imunity under 100%. We will be running around with 100% MS all the time. The dmg nerf was predictable, but it wont be 15%. Around 5% overall.
    Especially cause the new Mastery is much better than the old one. Also the use Of Death strike is now preferable. It heals with the glyph for at least 17k (15%). That is a little more than many other self healers would heal. Also sudden doom procs a little more often now (slow 2h weapon).

It will be a little relearning and there are still some things that doesnt fit on the PTR (fury warrior selfheal is really OP and their burst, 110k crit with raging blow against a 0k resilience mage is a little much; was the highest i saw till now and even with 40% resilience it would still be 66k dmg with one hit).

In fact dk dps with patch 4.0.6 is increased.It is not nerfed. The new mastery that increases shadow dmg also increases ss dc and blood plague.I tested dps on raid boss dummy in ptr 4.0.6 and there is nearly 1k increase in dps.Death coil dmg decreased by %10 but increased at least %20 with new mastery and ofc if u have a little mastery it will be increased by %25 which will result %15 net increase for dc.I hit dummy for 10k total with ss and in ptr I hit for 14k and both of them are with same gear buff and talents.Disease dmg is decreased but its not very effective for dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakan View Post
    In fact dk dps with patch 4.0.6 is increased.It is not nerfed. The new mastery that increases shadow dmg also increases ss dc and blood plague.I tested dps on raid boss dummy in ptr 4.0.6 and there is nearly 1k increase in dps.Death coil dmg decreased by %10 but increased at least %20 with new mastery and ofc if u have a little mastery it will be increased by %25 which will result %15 net increase for dc.I hit dummy for 10k total with ss and in ptr I hit for 14k and both of them are with same gear buff and talents.Disease dmg is decreased but its not very effective for dps.
    this is the truth, what u see as a nerf is actually a balancing move because u get another buff, and as unholy u do very much dps already. old mastery is changed and disease dmg is incresed with talent, up to 30%. besides that your new mastery will give u +% shadow dmg which buffs your scourge strike (shadow part), blood plague and most importantly death coils. Pet dmg may went low for a bit but your dmg is increased enough to make up for it.

Your retarded, if you cannot read the changes and see why they made them why are you posting? The nerfs to the abilities were becasue of the mastery change, in the end YOU as Unholy will be doing more damage and your pet less damage so when you have to fight after your pet has been killed you will actually be able to take someone down or continue to be competitive in dps. Currently the ghoul is about 30% of your damage, if it dies in a PVE or PVP scenario and its still on CD your doing 30% less damage, and unlike BM hunters we have no heal over time for our pet so we can't continue to dps while its being healed, we only have DC which is in no way viable to use on your pet when there's an enrage timer on a boss or someone pounding on you. Almost all the changes they made are more than welcome.
    Last edited by Jokerjesus; 2011-01-26 at 02:20 PM.
    Smile