Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    U.S. Air Force so all over but based in Delaware right now.

What happened to Blizz working on Arcane like they said they would??

I got a question. What ever happened to Blizz saying they were looking into and know that Arcane DPS in Cata is low compaired to Fire/Frost? I know there was a blue post on this and they said they were looking into working on Arcane spec and very well knew there was a DPS gap with the spec. All I have seen in Blue Posts and PTR updates is a few things for mages but nothing of any real significence for Arcane. They lowered the mana cost on some things but that is not going to equal a 15-20% DPS differnnce that Fire/Frost show. I read some posts saying that if they either raised the Mana Adept by 15-20% or upped the damage of our main spells ( AB,AM,AB ), that would more than likely bring us inline with the other 2 specs. Why cant they bring back our AB stack x4 again? Last time I looked Mages are a pure DPS Class and I am sure most people would agree all three specs should be atleast close in damage and DPS to one another. There not like Pallis, Warriors, Priests, Druids. ECT.. in which they have other types of specs being either Tank or Heals, we are pure DPS and all specs should be close to one another IMO. Now I am not saying that all three should be PVE but most people would agree that Arcane is not a PVP spec at its purist. Frost fits that bill alot better. Also I have seen posts saying that it will ramp up with T11 and Epics and that is BS! All specs benifit from that gear and Arcane should and is not limited because of gear! That is a mute argument being that all classes benifit from better gear, its what everyone strives for. Reading the Blues and PTR forums all I am seeing for the most part is that all other classes are being worked on but Arcane in general is being over looked! Now I know Arcane and Fire had it nice in LK towards the end but if you rememebr the spec to be when LK launched was Frostfire but Arcane was still in there and so was Frost. There was not a huge gap like there is now in Cata. I do give kudos to Blizz for working on Fire and Frost but they left Arcane out, shame on you! So in conclusion all I ask is that Blizz keep up to what they write/post and work on the Arcane Spec like they said they would pretty please! There are alot of Arcane Mages that have been for years reguardless of what others were doing, we should not be forced to change because someone sayd we need to. Its a personal preference for most and there are alot of DIEHARD Arcane mages out there! So Plz Blizz work on our spec and give us some of that love you said you would!

They said they think frost and arcane damage *might* be a bit low and they *might* buff them.

And besides, who the fuck would play arcane anyway? It's the most boring and dull spec, spamming one spell basically and going oom, dear god manage a rotation.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    out of curiousity... did they work on/fix Fire in WOTLK?

Try using paragraphs next time. I'm not reading all of that word explosion.

They did work on arcane. Lowering the base mana cost of a spell that's cost scales based on it's base mana cost is a HUGE buff considering more mana = more damage for arcane. If you don't get that then you should probably just reroll to a simpler class.

Deleted
    Arcane is actually pretty decent currently with proper gear, the problem mostly lies in it's inability to provide decent dps when you are forced to move or adjust your position. This is pretty much the case for all fights sofar bar baradin hold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esedess View Post
    out of curiousity... did they work on/fix Fire in WOTLK?
    Y...yes, it was the top spec for 3/4 raiding tiers.
    BfA Beta Time

The mana cost reductions won't cut it and I'll be right as always. Moving along.

arcane shouldnt be "equal" to fire and or frost, arcane should be at least 5 / 10% better in single target dmg than frost and fire... why? because arcane has no aoe, and almost 0 dps while moving, meanwhile, fire has amazing if not the best aoe in the game, and you can keep doing 90% of your dps thanks to scorch .. Frost has a lot of instant spells that can be cast while moving... Arcane has ... arcane barrage ..

why should it be equal in dps than fire? it should be better.. if they make it equal they need to give arcane decent aoe and some sort of moving dps mechanism.. otherwise theres no way any good mages will take arcane over fire..
    Last edited by Postre; 2011-01-26 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Postre View Post
    arcane shouldnt be "equal" to fire and or frost, arcane should be at least 5 / 10% better in single target dmg than frost and fire... why? because arcane has no aoe, and almost 0 dps movility, meanwhile, fire has amazing if not the best aoe in the game, and you can keep doing 90% of your dps thanks to scorch while moving.. Frost has a lot of instant spells that can be cast while moving... Arcane has ... arcane barrage ..

So lets see arcane has no aoe and no movility .. why should it be equal in dps than fire? it should be better.. if they make it equal they need to give arcane decent aoe and some sort of moving dps mechanism.. otherwise theres no way any good mages will take arcane over fire..
    wtf is "movility?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviaa View Post
    wtf is "movility?"
    Moving utility.
    BfA Beta Time

Have you even seen the simcraft numbers yet? It shows arcane ahead of fire for the ptr.

WTB TL;DR + Paragraphs, jesus

10+ Year Old Account
    U.S. Air Force so all over but based in Delaware right now.
    Sorry guys for not breaking my post up into fragments. I was on a roll and had to bounce. I do appreciate all the replies though minus the stupid kid joke ones. What ever happeend to keeping your mouth shut if you you dont have anything productive to say?? LMAO!! Anyways sorry again and love the feed back so far!

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 05:00 AM ----------

Um I think you need to rethink that comment. Arcane is not the old Face Roll spec it used to be and some people still prefer it. I roll a Fire spec too so no need to get all high and mighty.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    They said they think frost and arcane damage *might* be a bit low and they *might* buff them.

And besides, who the fuck would play arcane anyway? It's the most boring and dull spec, spamming one spell basically and going oom, dear god manage a rotation.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 05:02 AM ----------

No I havnt seen any of the PTR numbers as of yet. I am hopeing there has been some change but what I have read on the Blues, I do not think its that much as to out class Fire as of yet. There has to be some more work thatn what they have done in order to get it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinnata View Post
    Have you even seen the simcraft numbers yet? It shows arcane ahead of fire for the ptr.
    I havn't seen them can you post?

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post

Just love that comment, you are saying in that comment that you have no idea how to play arcane correctly and at the same time saying it is easy as hell to play, wich makes you?

Fire is easy as to play, arcane is easy as well, but demands addaptation all the time at least, fire is just a set rotation that you master way faster imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keernan View Post
    Just love that comment, you are saying in that comment that you have no idea how to play arcane correctly and at the same time saying it is easy as hell to play, wich makes you?

Fire is easy as to play, arcane is easy as well, but demands addaptation all the time at least, fire is just a set rotation that you master way faster imo.
    11112111 <Mana gem + AP> 1111111112 <Evocate> 112 112 112 112 112

Hardest + most fun mage rotation. Yup. The best part is when you have to move and you do zero DPS! As a mage, i love the challenge of doing zero dps.
    Last edited by valmorgul; 2011-01-26 at 07:45 PM.
    I am the Zen master. I am the calm, quiet little center of the universe.
    Valhallä - Jaedenar US

Quote Originally Posted by valmorgul View Post
    11112111 <Mana gem + AP> 1111111112 <Evocate> 112 112 112 112 112

Hardest + most fun mage rotation. Yup. The best part is when you have to move and you do zero DPS! As a mage, i love the challenge of doing zero dps.
    Dunno bout other mages, but thats not how I play my arc mage at all

Not exactly how i play arcane either, but good to see that many mages still think arcane has a set rotation. Seems like everyone thinks they know how to do it but when reading these forums pretty close to 90% seems clueless about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keernan View Post
    Not exactly how i play arcane either, but good to see that many mages still think arcane has a set rotation. Seems like everyone thinks they know how to do it but when reading these forums pretty close to 90% seems clueless about it.
    Oh great arcane philosopher, with neither armory link nor 5 posts on this forum, please enlighten us as to Arcane's varied procs and vast array of spells.

Does your spec not involve getting 4 stacks of Arcane Blast, and then casting more Arcane Blast? Nobody is saying it's not hard and/or annoying to maintain 80% mana while using the most expensive spell in the mage arsenal. We're just saying it's a stupid spec to be using right now.

How do you even do Valiona and Theralion as arcane? I'm genuinely curious.

ETA: I should add that 25M arcane mages who are just buffing the raid are alright by me.
    Last edited by valmorgul; 2011-01-26 at 08:47 PM.
    I am the Zen master. I am the calm, quiet little center of the universe.
    Valhallä - Jaedenar US

Quote Originally Posted by Randomerror View Post
    I havn't seen them can you post?
    http://manoutoftime.org/misc/simc/pt...372/basic.html

^ Basic Patchwerk type of fight

http://manoutoftime.org/misc/simc/pt..._372/adds.html

^Fight with adds