Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Account suspended - GM contact before log out

Hi, mmo-champ community. While this thread is partially a more of a vent of my frustration, I would also like to know if this has happened to someone else.

I was minding my own business raiding with my guild (we were doing Atramedes btw) when I get contacted by a GM. I was "oh, nice, cool, it was fast" (I was reporting a guy selling a Gamecard ingame for gold). The GM then proceeds to tell me my account will be terminated for severe violation of whatevernot and that I should tell the raid I would be leaving. I asked for further information and he said it would all be provided on the mail the had sent me. The mail they didn't exactly send.

My account was once suspended for 24 hours for what they said was "racial slur". I assure fellow readers that I don't say racial blander on any sort of WoW channel.

And now this. I'm baffled. I have no idea what the "/&#% is happening, or even why a GM would talk to me directly and tell me to warn my raid I would be leaving.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: while writing I did get the e-mail.

Type of Violation: Highly Inappropriate Sexual References
    Consequences for Account: Account Suspended pending investigation

Permanently suspended.

I have never - EVER - done anything of the sort. And it's the second time I get the account banned without knowing anything.
    Last edited by Kworal; 2011-01-26 at 12:14 AM.

Deleted
    Something you said which was not seen racial by you but is in fact racial ? ?

not trying to be a dick or troll just my thoughts

What did you do to warrant the ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should call them? Especially if you never received an email.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you never got an email, bug the Customer Service forums on a trial account or something. They can either resend it to you or find out they banned the wrong person?...yeah..

Something similar happened to a friend of mine. He is perma banned for "conspiracy of selling his account/buying an account" now....hes been playing since vanilla and had by no means planned on selling his account or buying an account and he had not done anything that should have made gm's suspicious of this.... he still doesn't have his account back after fighting through over 11 blizz customer service employees....

Deleted
    Maybe your evil twin logged onto your account to threaten all ladies and foreigner people with rape.

so if you NEVER EVER did anything like that, how come they ban you?
    it's not like they play "ene mene mini tiny, which poor jerk do we ban tonighty?" and randomly point on an account.

is it POSSIBLE that you said something which you think was harmless while every NORMAL guy would say "what the fuck, why did he say that in tradechat?"
    Deal with it...

They may have just put permanently banned because they can, could also have been a tpyo, especially if they are still Investigating.
    Try and think of anything you may have done, joking or not. People get offended over the slightest things
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

10+ Year Old Account
    The mail that you're supposed to receive will have the chat where the slur occurred. Or at least that's how it went when I had friends who swore in general chat. Everybody who I know that was wrongfully suspended or terminated was able to get their account back with no trouble. They get terminated due to getting hacked, and the IP logs of the account prove that, so they get their account back. The only thing I can think of is that you share your account info, and people who are using it are the cause.

It might have been a mistake. I'm not sure what kind leads to a permanent ban on accident, but still.
    Just e-mail the support about it. We can't do anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    it's not like they play "ene mene mini tiny, which poor jerk do we ban tonighty?" and randomly point on an account.

is it POSSIBLE that you said something which you think was harmless while every NORMAL guy would say "what the fuck, why did he say that in tradechat?"
    I ask myself exactly that. Otherwise I wouldn't be here looking for thoughts. Since my first suspension for "racial slur" (never explained to me by Blizzard, I still have no idea how it happened) that I avoid every single mention of whatever might tick someone off, just to be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    The mail that you're supposed to receive will have the chat where the slur occurred. Or at least that's how it went when I had friends who swore in general chat. Everybody who I know that was wrongfully suspended or terminated was able to get their account back with no trouble. They get terminated due to getting hacked, and the IP logs of the account prove that, so they get their account back. The only thing I can think of is that you share your account info, and people who are using it are the cause.
    Yes, if you get banned for something said, they give a snip of the Chat with the section that was getting you the ban in your email.

I suggest contacting them and making sure that they have the right account. One little error on their part can have them banning, giving 1 shot items (lolulduar) or anything else to the wrong person.

you have to go over the top to get a warning

if you're getting banned you're doing some shit that would get you shot irl

stop with the "i haven't done anything" crap

What does reporting someone for trying to sell gamecards have to do with using racial slurs or whatever. Hmm. In the email they would have provided a quote from chats logs showing what you said that they didn't like. Why am I having trouble believing you did absolutely nothing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    you have to go over the top to get a warning

if you're getting banned you're doing some shit that would get you shot irl

stop with the "i haven't done anything" crap
    If you don't have anything good to add to the topic, please avoid replying. The "stop with the "i haven't done anything" crap" really helps no one.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by armpit View Post
    What does reporting someone for trying to sell gamecards have to do with using racial slurs or whatever. Hmm. In the email they would have provided a quote from chats logs showing what you said that they didn't like.
    I can post the full e-mail. There is nothing in there. They just say "Highly Inappropriate Sexual References". Which is exactly the same type of e-mail I got previsouly, the one from "racial slur". They never provided with a bit of the text that proves me guilty.
    Last edited by Kworal; 2011-01-26 at 12:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post

That is what I wanted to say.

I'm going to contact them, ofc. Not by calling, but by e-mail. I just need to get my scanner working so I can get a scan of my ID. However, I find it weird that a GM comes talk to me directly, warning me I would get kicked from the server in minutes.

While not wanting to sound "full of myself", I'm a very known person on my realm, lots of lovers, lots of haters, because of a macro I have to advertise my JCing.
    I also report 2-3 people per day, every time I notice somethig irregular. I warn the person and then report if they continue. I don't want to sound like a tin-foil-hat person... but maybe some guys with friends in high places? Guy gets reported, knows a GM, gets my account suspended and invents a reason?

BTW, to those with similar cenarios, how much time until solved?
    Last edited by Kworal; 2011-01-26 at 12:32 AM.

Roll a toon on illidan horde no one give a fuck what you say here you never get reported or atleast i havent

Generally if you are online they tell you they will disconnect you instead of just kicking you offline while you are in the middle of a boss fight and possibly wiping the raid.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.