So what do you think about Staves next patch?

You guys think they will be on the same page as MH/OH or will they overtake MH/OH?

Unless of course they redid the OH enchant and I missed it on the notes.

Not quite on the same page. But very close now.

The benefit of 1h mostly is the balance of stats, vs having 1 raw stat on a staff.

For example, chelly staff. 228 Mastery.

But you could get a 1h with haste/mastery and an offhand with just mastery. Or a 1h with haste/crit and a 2h with just mastery.

In terms of SPELLPOWER? I believe even after the patch 1h will still be SLIGHTLY ahead, but not by much.

I will always prefer MH/OH over a Staff because it is more flexible

Deleted
    They plan to nerf the OH enchant to +40 Intellect (down from 100). So it may not be an obvious choice anymore (blue was on mmo frontpage).

However, i have yet to see a good staff ingame. There are two DPS daggers from the first bosses of BoT and BWD, and a OH from Halfus. If you can choose, great, but i would still go for MH/OH combo as its easier to come by and the enchants simply outweight any staff (with only one enchant).

We will have to wait and see, i guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Coalex View Post
    You guys think they will be on the same page as MH/OH or will they overtake MH/OH?

Unless of course they redid the OH enchant and I missed it on the notes.
    There aren't any epic quality dps caster staves at this tier besides the archaeology one. You're better off doing Magmaw and Halfus for MH and OH than you are griding out hundreds of hours of archaeology for a chance at the only caster staff.

The debate over which is better is largely irrelevant, because caster epic staves don't exist, for all practical purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by polka View Post
    358 mh + 346 oh = 358 2h
    358 mh + 358 mh > 358 2h
    Its 359, but basically this.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    I may just go with staves for the ease next patch. I'm tired of waiting for the offhand on halfus, theres still 5 other people who need it, at least.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I may just go with staves for the ease next patch. I'm tired of waiting for the offhand on halfus, theres still 5 other people who need it, at least.
    It's looking like we're getting a legendary one with the 4.1.x raid instance too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I looked at this again, and it may just be that the off-hand we get Book of Binding Will is just that good, while the staff (Staff of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan) has decent stats (especially if hit capped). The main handers, at least for destruction, are decidedly mediocre (Incineratus, Blade of the Witching Hour, Maldo's Sword Cane). If we were lucky enough to have a hit/haste or hit/crit staff at 372 it may be BiS now that off-hand enchant is only 40 int.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Also you may get a well made random mainhand drop from Al'Akir with either Hit/haste or Haste/Crit for those that are hit capped already, or who just need a bit of hit via reforging. Seems atlas loot still isn't updated to show his full drop table.

Otherwise I would say MH/OH is better...least till the Orange is available.

Blade from Al Akir/H Al Akir are BiS. Chance of getting drops and the random enchant you need are so low its kinda pointless though.

Edit: Grey said it before me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    Also you may get a well made random mainhand drop from Al'Akir with either Hit/haste or Haste/Crit for those that are hit capped already, or who just need a bit of hit via reforging. Seems atlas loot still isn't updated to show his full drop table.

Otherwise I would say MH/OH is better...least till the Orange is available.
    i checkd al'akir and wowpedia there is no mention of haste/hit
    take a look here http://www.wowpedia.org/Item_suffix#New_in_Cataclysm