Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rift - How far have you gotten?

Title says it all.

How far have you gotten in Rift, and how do you like it so far?

Share it with the community!

I myself, leveled a warrior (Currently lvl 16), but servers just went down.

I specialized in Paladin/Reaver/Warlord, as it seemed fit for a tanking spec.
    I just now realized how powerful Reaver is in AoE and selfheal, and as a tank, im loving it! .

Overall a nice game, a few touches still missing, but definetley a nice game.

And i love the rift parts, and their big events to get players involved in other stuff then just leveling and grinding!

Cheers
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    After ~3 hours of playing, I'm a level 13 rogue (Ranger/MM/RB). Aside from the horrible lag/server instability that Trion should've accounted for, I'm really enjoying the game. Rifts are popping up like crazy out side of the Argent Glade and the Rare Planar items are ridiculous.

Started last beta got to 27, was able to get to 28 before went down for half an hour
    Questing spec necro,lock,chloro
    group spec chloro,archon,lock
    and then i have a support spec i havnt used yet and i forget what is has besides archon lol
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-01-26 at 04:19 AM.

Level 13 Warlock/Necro/Chloromancer(lol). I'm loving the game, but the lag is insufferable sometimes. I'm on Deepstrike Defiant side if anyone else happened to pick that real-SHARD. not realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post

Overall a nice game, a few touches still missing, but definetley a nice game.

And i love the rift parts, and their big events to get players involved in other stuff then just leveling and grinding!

Cheers
    It's in Beta. It's meant to be unfinished. The "rift" parts seem to be pretty much the same thing as the public quests in WAR. However, the random zone ones are pretty nice. Sadly it's easy to fail since you can't see where the portals are without the map being discovered in that area. Overall, I'm enjoying the game, but they need to upgrade their tech to get rid of these constant lag spikes. But hey, still have a little over a month to work out the kinks. And like any new MMO, IT HAS ISSUES.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Revkok View Post
    Level 13 Warlock/Necro/Chloromancer(lol). I'm loving the game, but the lag is insufferable sometimes. I'm on Deepstrike Defiant side if anyone else happened to pick that real-SHARD. not realm.
    "Chloromance" has to be the most retarded name for "Healing spec" I've ever heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

You guys are talking about constant lag spikes

I did not have ANY at all :S.. I dont know if it is server based, but i really had a smooth experience (once i got in, since they had some problems the first hour). No lag, no DC, no nothing.

Guess i was lucky
    - Mario Andretti

There was a couple spikes when there was a zone event going on but after that it pretty much stopped for me

Level 13 yet..servers are restarting..awnyway.. events from last hour..

One defiant sea "town" was under constant attack of death realm creature and soldiers.. Not many people knew what we should do.. but after organization and repelling many attacks, group divided and went outside to close some rifts.. after few waves and rifts .. the big "badass" boss spawned ..and started summoning even more wave after wave after wave death monsters which were attacking this city again.. It took a while to push through them but we (few raids .. like 60 people or so) meet that summoner eventually. After one wipe, we managed bring him down after 10 minute fight...

I have to say it was really fun.. but I really hope there are more events like these... Good thing is this is dynamic random event.. which works great now.. but I am not sure how it will works when lowbie zones wont be so overflooded. It wouldn't be much fun have few cities and quest hubs captures byt NPCs :P ...Is there any difficult scaling? I hope so..

So far so good.. impressed for now..

Edit: At least on EU server.. I did not encounter any lag or lag-spikes .. even with 50+ people around, my ping was under 300 which is pretty good ..(under 150 in "normal" situations)
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2011-01-26 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    After ~3 hours of playing, I'm a level 13 rogue (Ranger/MM/RB). Aside from the horrible lag/server instability that Trion should've accounted for, I'm really enjoying the game. Rifts are popping up like crazy out side of the Argent Glade and the Rare Planar items are ridiculous.
    Sounds like a rare issue, there's usually no lagg and haven't really been in any previous beta events either.
    But this is pretty much the main point of this beta though, stress-testing the servers and making sure zones are still ok when there's a ton of players there doing the same stuff.

I have to say it was really fun.. but I really hope there are more events like these... Good thing is this is dynamic random event.. which works great now.. but I am not sure how it will works when lowbie zones wont be so overflooded. It wouldn't be much fun have few cities and quest hubs captures byt NPCs :P ...Is there any difficult scaling? I hope so..
    The strength of the event is based on zone population, you still might run into issues sometimes with a too strong event if 80% of the people in the zone completely ignore the event though, but then again it's pretty hard to ignore and there's no reason to ignore it.

And yes, there's quite a lot of these events
    And yes, normal invasions will often take over questhubs, but some of them can be soloed quite easily while others you can take care of with like 3-5 people.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2011-01-26 at 04:36 AM.

@ManiaCCC, as far as i know, bosses in Rift gain more abilities and hp the more players who faces them (Up from a starting point), hence they scale with the amount of players against them.

Im not 100% sure with this, but its what i heard
    - Mario Andretti

only at 13 so far, levelling as warrior: paladin, voidknight, warlord build can tank the hell out of anything even level 20 rift bosses as i found out tonight :P amazing game!

With about 3 hours of play, while waiting for my friend to catch up, I hit lvl10. I quit for awhile though because of 20-30k ms spikes >.>
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Aww Me wants in beta! i signed up for it hopefully i get a thingy IT looks so cool the videos ive seen of just so many people fighting off massive waves of bad guys cant wait for release date a buy for sure even tho i dont have the beta >.>
    Gabaldon Marauders

Ty to Roachy for this epic sig!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to around level 13 as Paladin/Reaver/Warlord - tank build

It's really good so far, people complaining about the lag spikes and disconnection issues. The whole point of this test phase was to stress the amount of people logged in. I think it has gone pretty well so far. Full severs and pretty much handled it quick (an hour) to get them stable. I did have the occasional lag spikes and latency spikes (2500 ms).

I've not had any problems with anything so far - bug related.

Made a saboteur spec, so much fun blowing stuff up! Definitely got some unique specs, it's what makes this game so great.

I'm not in this current beta (which is a bummer), but I was in the last one. I rolled a Necro/Lock/Domi, and I got to level 11. Pretty damn fun game I thought. I was really looking forward to this beta, thinking I was going to be able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    "Chloromance" has to be the most retarded name for "Healing spec" I've ever heard.
    While I have to agree with you, at least they're being creative.

Got to 12 or 13 as a Shaman/Druid/Justiciar. I can't heal anyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Sounds like a rare issue, there's usually no lagg and haven't really been in any previous beta events either.
    But this is pretty much the main point of this beta though, stress-testing the servers and making sure zones are still ok when there's a ton of players there doing the same stuff.
    Seeing as Trion had to take down their servers for a little bit because of the amount of reports of lag and instability says something. If a massive amount of beta keys are going to be going out, I don't know how one wouldn't be prepared to deal with a huge amount of people...

Lv 9 Reaver/Void Knight/Paladin, although I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to respec where I put my points lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    No where seeing as though it is not for mac...