Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    lvl 12 druid shaman and something else, have a blast. Melee druid is 4 bashing!

level 9 Warlord/Riftblade/Beast Master

Overall it's been pretty fun so far, I honestly had given up on getting a beta invite when one showed up in my mail the other day. I really like the soul system they have and that's part of what interested me in the game in the first place....I hope it only gets better from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    How good is rift? and does it need alot of ram too play it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Furthest I've gotten is 89% loaded...yay. I really hate stress tests.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Got a level 12 Champion/beastmaster/iforgot

I got tired of the lag and logged off. Will try again tomorrow.

does it worth to buy? RIFT>WoW ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Alireza1991 View Post
    Its a personal thing. Imo go sign up for a beta if you are interrested. I find it very likeable, lets see if it can take all my interrest
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Alireza1991 View Post
    Much better imho.

Got to level 12 with a Shammy/Druid/Just - loving the customization and the defending of rifts with this particular soul build - need some moolah so I can try other Cleric soulspecs and have a play.

The speccing system to me is one of the best things about it, as a Cleric I can heal like a priest, heal like a druid, heal like a paladin, tank like a paladin, dps like a priest, dps like an 2Henhancement shaman - I'm not going to have to reroll a new character and grind it to max level because I have tens of different playstyles in this one Calling. Even if I did fancy another gamestyle completely - I'd only have to level 3 other characters and then I have 150 combinations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Rifts are fan for first time 2-3 hours constantly killing them, i'm very eager to read posts after 10000 rift kills

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is crashing for me currently, waiting for support to respond

11 Mathosian Warden (Purifier/Sentinel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    The speccing system to me is one of the best things about it, as a Cleric I can heal like a priest, heal like a druid, heal like a paladin, tank like a paladin, dps like a priest, dps like an 2Henhancement shaman - I'm not going to have to reroll a new character and grind it to max level because I have tens of different playstyles in this one Calling. Even if I did fancy another gamestyle completely - I'd only have to level 3 other characters and then I have 150 combinations.
    So basically everyone will need every kind of loot that drops from a boss?
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-01-26 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    I got to level 4 on two characters, each from both factions; one a cleric with druid and justicar souls and the other a mage with necromancer and dominator souls.

Hardly anything managed to keep my focus except for the graphics. I kept getting the feeling I was playing Warhammer AND Aion at the same time and those were two games I eventually grew tired of as well.

The customization disappointed me and mostly I have a good time in the creation screen when trying out new games. The hairstyles are little to uninteresting (they look like a clump of shiny clay with some flexibility but not all that much) and you can't adjust body proportions except for height. For a game that calls itself 'polished and lacking the downsides of other MMOs' I was surprised how little the creation screen had to offer.

Gameplay is the same old, as in what we have already experienced with WoW, Warhammer, Aion, Lord of the Rings, etc etc. Press number to do a certain attack. Nothing wrong with such, it is easy to roll into.
    When you have a pet/minion, their interface is the same as we have with pet classes in WoW: easy to control and get a hang of. What bothered me was when ever I right-clicked the mob, my pet would instantly run over to it to attack it without me even giving the command. I guess right-click is the attack command, which is annoying...

The Soul tree is an interesting and new feature, but it gives me the feeling it is making the game unbalanced as people can be what ever they want to be, taking specific rolls away. I could be wrong with this, but that is the feeling I get.

With the grind quests you get at the beginning, I wasn't very impressed and both factions have similar starting quests which made me dread the fact I even tried to make a character as I would go through the very same thing... again and darn it, I only got to level 4 on both! Some variation between the two faction's 'starter areas' would have been nice.

I hardly experienced any lag and had my graphics on Ultra with anti-aliasing on x4. It all worked like a charm, though the animations aren't really that interesting to look at; they don't feel complete and if they actually are complete, then they are just bland.
    The background music wasn't really grasping my attention either, which is a shame.
    When I was standing idle around to eat something IRL, I kept hearing this obnoxious rambling/mumbling of a female NPC I stood beside; either have them make sense with actual words than 'huuhhauahua huuu huuu haauuu' or don't have them talk randomly at all.

Another thing that made me facepalm (and this is mostly my own fault) was when logging out and getting to the character screen, I clicked 'delete' instead of 'quit'. Bye bye level 4 cleric/necromancer/dominator... Not a big loss but it did make me wish those two buttons weren't right beside each other to prevent tired people to make the similar mistake as I did.

I know it is still Beta, so things might be added and changed but the game will be released in March and that is a bit more than a month to go; not much time left. So far Rift doesn't make me want to pay for it every month and especially not the price that Trion is asking for it. I am going to play a bit more later to give it another try and chance, but with the impressions I received so far, I have to give it three stars out of five.
    Last edited by mmocea55eb06e6; 2011-01-26 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    No where seeing as though it is not for mac...
    lolmac

10char

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I started it up after work last night and got a Cleric to level 12. I went with a total healing build (Pur/Sentinel) build to see how far I could push myself before I blew my brains out tryin to level as a healer. I did this because, the Cleric in Aion was mind numbing and I wanted a comparison.

I was pleasantly surprised. Leveling has rarely been tedious, and while it can take me a little longer to kill things, you could toss in a proper DD soul in there to mix with a healer soul and have an easy time leveling.

On a side note: I met up with a tank at some point around level 9 (I had aggroed like 5 mobs on accident) and we grouped and helped eachother for a couple hours. It really brought me back to the starting days of WoW, when you help random people. I don't think I have seen that happen in years, other than my own attempts at doing so. I'm not saying the entire community will be as such, but from what I have seen thus far, things are looking up.

I have a lv13 Cleric Shaman/Justicar/Druid. There seems to be a couple of abilities with this build that are providing the same buff and do not stack with each other. This seems a bit odd it would be better if they broke down the buff and distributed each part to a soul. I also got a ranged ability a couple levels prior and the cast range is quite long and good for tagging mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    13 as Ranger/Marksman, not had any lag issues at all.

level 22 Ethian Rogue (defiant) just finished the Harrow Crypt in Granite Falls, awesome design.

Have all Souls, am mainly using Assassin Bard for DPS and Buffs.

Almost reached lvl 22, and just finished the IT dungeon.

It was really nice, had a few wipes, but only cause we had to figure out what the stuff did. And nice that even small dungeons like that, have scripted encounters etc, and not just a "tank and spank boss".
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

I personally went for a Cleric as well. Level 15 Sentinel, Warden, Purifier. I have hots and heals so questing thus far is easy mode for me. I have died a few times while questing but that was due to pulling to many mobs.

The rifts are very awesome. I find it to be a cool twist to questing / dungeon-ing. I haven't had much lag or disconnect issues either. Personally, I love this game. I find it very enjoyable.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant