Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzkaz View Post
    when you have camouflage on and try to summon a player from any stone you will see a lightshow. I really didn't want to share this with everyone since i know how annoying it can be
    Now this i would like a video on!^^
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

It's quite useless and I do not understand why it has been implemented in its current form. A silly excuse for a lvl 85 ability - that's how you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevian8 View Post
    It's quite useless and I do not understand why it has been implemented in its current form. A silly excuse for a lvl 85 ability - that's how you use it.
    It's a great spell, and there are uses for it. Pvp and pve-wise.

I mean come on... Hunter with stealth!

Quote Originally Posted by Flexxtar View Post
    It's a great spell, and there are uses for it. Pvp and pve-wise.

I mean come on... Hunter with stealth!

In theory, yes. In practise, it's only good for avoiding Sap and Charge after the Arena gates open and in a slim list of BG/PvE situations. I mean, it's a fun and cool thing to have but in PvP, for example, any competitive player will AoE you out very fast and in PvE it doesn't allow the Hunter to do something actually new apart from being able to skip a mob or two while soloing.

I'll use it in heroic dungeons to get just a litttttle bit closer to trash to launch a trap, just so i dont face pull.
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate

obviously for looking cool

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevian8 View Post
    In theory, yes. In practise, it's only good for avoiding Sap and Charge after the Arena gates open and in a slim list of BG/PvE situations. I mean, it's a fun and cool thing to have but in PvP, for example, any competitive player will AoE you out very fast and in PvE it doesn't allow the Hunter to do something actually new apart from being able to skip a mob or two while soloing.
    while i do find it slightly useful, i dont really understand why they nerfed the original version of it..as in hunters are OP in pvp or something? the original version of camo was bad ass and not overpowered IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    while i do find it slightly useful, i dont really understand why they nerfed the original version of it..as in hunters are OP in pvp or something? the original version of camo was bad ass and not overpowered IMO.
    I agree with you. We pretty much were CCing ourselves. I guess people were mad because they couldn't touch us. Just too bad they didn't realize we couldn't do anything to them really either.

So you guys are crying about being givin stealth ? im confused

Quote Originally Posted by swivel View Post
    So you guys are crying about being givin stealth ? im confused
    No one is "crying". What we are discussing is our level 85 spell that is extremely situational at best and feels kinda of underpowered.

I love using Camo in Twin Peaks. I sit there in our base and use trap launcher hehe works so so well! In EOTS I went into the horde base when no one was there stealthed and when some rogue entered to eat I just obliterated him. He must of been quite shocked.

It also works great for PVE. You are less likely to be attacked so I use it if I have to get dangerously close to CC a mob or in old world instances. Like farming Sethekk Halls .. I hate that place even now so much damn trash. But with Camo it is a lot easier to sneak around mobs w/o worry of them aggroing

I really wish we could use Camo in combat >.> Why can rogues use their bomb (forgot the name) making them immune to range attacks and we cannot use Camo for the same reason? Seems a tad unfair. Esp. seeing as atm there is a time limit on Camo I don't understand that. If we can't use it in combat we should be able to be in stealth like shadow meld for as long as needed unless of course we move or enter combat. Otherwise keep the time limit on it and let us use it in combat That would make me super happy.

I don't understand how some hunters can say it is useless. I guess you could argue it is underpowered .. perhaps Blizz will see this and buff it for us I still find it useful maybe situational but it definitely isn't useless.

At the start of arena since you won't appear on arena unit frames. Your opponents might think it's a rogue and the surprise effect is an advantage. Yes, they can see a buff but since hunters are so rare in arenas and people don't know much about the class anyway since they're so weak that they don't pay attention to them, they won't recognise a thing.

When running behind packs of mobs to CC easier or to get into a good position in HCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luzkaz View Post
    There is one use for Camouflage that will always piss off any raid group, if you do it to may times that is.

Step 1: Have a warlock? get him to create a summoning portal.
    Step 2: Enter Camouflage and target a random player.
    Step 3: Enjoy the light-show. (and the rage).

I have how ever stopped doing this since it really is a pain to everyone
    Oh I have to do this lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the only time I use camo is for the 3 enormous pulls in BoT (mainly the 2 that pat back and forth almost in sync)
    My name is Legion, for we are many

I understand why people are comparing it with smokebomb, but the only similarity between smokebomb and camouflage is that you can't be targetted from range. Camouflage is so much better.

Smokebomb has a long cooldown - con
    Short duration - con
    Is stationary - con
    Can be used to tactically los the healer - pro
    Can be used for the group or against one - pro

Camouflage has a 1 minute cd, and can be "spammed" (meaning u can stay in it, as long as you don't attack or get attacked).
    The out of combat isn't a problem since we can feign death.

I don't really see any downsides to the spell, and complaining about a lvl 85 spell which is only situational is weird, since most lvl 85 spells are situational.

Best use I've seen so far is the pack of 10 or so goblins in TotT for LoS pulling. MD to your tank, have him hide around a corner, Camo, then launch a fire trap into the pack, that way you don't eat 10 poison spears.

Of course, I often just sac my pet as well for those pulls

I use it to hide and trap to kill flag carriers in BGs. My favorite thing to do is grab the 30% damage buff then camo where i know the flagger will run, wait till he breaks away from the pack. CC the healer then BW and kill him before they know what hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeyu View Post
    I wish the buff would change when you enter stealth, instead of having to watch for the animation.
    I thought you gained the "In Stealth" buff when you stood still, with the same icon which now embodies Survival. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Kalti; 2011-01-26 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    I thought you gained the "In Stealth" buff when you stood still, with the same icon which now embodies Survival. I could be wrong.
    That's exactly as it works, sooooo

Crap ability, at least make that when you FD and drop combat you can actually camo...
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy