Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by behemothdan View Post
    Important things to note:

Holding still functions as stealth, so if your opponent doesn't know you are there, they have to search for you if they suspect something. Similar to old Shadowmeld (but with it's dumb duration).
    No and no again.

1. There's one major flaw with Camo - the reason why its almost useless in pvp. Everyone with nameplates switched on can see you exactly the same as if you were not in Camo. Effectively there is no difference since you cannot do anything against them while in Camo, except they can knock you out of it with a (ranged) aoe attack. Apart from spriests and rogues (who have to melee/nova/FoK you in almost melee range), every spec can do this. There are not many players who do not use nameplates (or rather, there won't be many at 85 once enough people know about Camo's huge hole!) ...

2. Camo is NOTHING like Shadowmeld. The most important aspect of Shadowmeld is that it drops you from combat immediately in pvp and eventually in pve. That's like having a second FD or if a rogue like having a 2nd/3rd Vanish (sub rogue has Preparation Vanish) since you can stealth immediately after and therefore move as normal in stealth. Camo cannot be cast in combat.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-28 at 03:19 AM.

I always use it to skip around mobs outside and in old instances I'm soloing for fun and profit. Can skip a lot of stuff with greater ease in Molten Core, AQ20, and Karazhan using camo.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post

there ya go
    Yes, this and this again... When this first happened to me in PVP I almost lost it lol, luckily I was on my mage and hit slow fall to land at the BS, but still, its kinda OP haha.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

Best use for camo?

Pretending to be a rogue, of course!

I was unaware of the nameplates thing, I don't come across many Hunters in situations where we use it against each other. But as I said, it functioned like the OLD Shadowmeld, long before it was usable in combat and did anything but provide low stealth. Like, vanilla old.

I was unaware of the nameplates thing, I don't come across many Hunters in situations where we use it against each other. But as I said, it functioned like the OLD Shadowmeld, long before it was usable in combat and did anything but provide low stealth. Like, vanilla old.
    The nameplate disappears if you stand still and you are actually "In Stealth" I'm pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    The nameplate disappears if you stand still and you are actually "In Stealth" I'm pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong.
    you sir are right, when not moving it is a stealth.

According to Squeeze they stay showing, at least that's what I got from his post. But I tested this just now and when the stealth portion activates it does go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Asciiguy View Post
    I don't have anything to make videos with anymore! I would just suggest finding a lock friend and trying it out yourself
    You don't need a lock stone for this to work; you can use any summoning stone in the game; like the ones outside of instances. The lock stone only allows you to find the best spots to use this.

For example, a large circle pattern on the ground, like ones located in Throne of Four Winds, and if you have a keen eye you will see some in Bastion of Twilight.

So the next time you use this graphical error look for a large circle pattern on the floor get your warlock to place the stone close to the center, then preform the summon from the center of the circle for a sight to behold.

Sadly our raiding night was canceled due to attendance so i was unable to get to these locations, so i was unable to take screen-shots.
    Last edited by Luzkaz; 2011-01-28 at 08:36 AM.

CCing, staying hidden in pvp, soloing mount bosses =)

Camo has a pretty big use for Pvp.

Arena- So I don't get opened on.
    Rated Bg's- Guarding a flag In AB or TBFG , Trap launcher Ontop of a flag and hope for INC when your trap CD hits. They try and cap the flag you get them in a 1st trap they try again and you get them in a 2nd and they have no Idea where from. While doing this you call for back up on Vent and you sir are one of the most effective flag defenders in these Bgs.

Also has good opener qualities too since you can cast Aimed/SS/Cobra in it without it breaking on when you start the cast for the first one. Next patch Aimed/Chimera Opener = GG Clothies

Pounced#1519

Well you asked and our raid happened and now i bring you the Camouflage-Warlock summon stone graphical error.

Enjoy

Last edited by Luzkaz; 2011-01-31 at 11:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to Squeeze they stay showing, at least that's what I got from his post. But I tested this just now and when the stealth portion activates it does go away.
    Nameplates for camo'd hunters only show up when they move, if the stand still it's a true stealth and you cannot see them or their nameplates.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Asciiguy View Post
    No one is "crying". What we are discussing is our level 85 spell that is extremely situational at best and feels kinda of underpowered.
    You got it better than us druids.
    Such feeble minds..

I dunno, I think the best use of Camo is running around with the ZG Fist weapons and yelling: I'M THE PREDATOR!
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    My friend uses it when he Trap Launches to ensure he doesn't accidently pull.
    For PvE content, that's exactly what I use it for. Very useful and you can get closer to the mobs this way to make it easier for yourself.

PvP wise, I use it for, say, in Tol Barad if we're camping the flag and just waiting for Alliance to turn up and attack, I'll use it then so I can't be the first one to get attacked.

Otherwise, I find it insanely useful for soloing in raids/dungeons. For example, Utgarde Pinnacle, I can stealth past every single mob.

I will trade you camo for the druid 85 talent (stampeding roar). Yea I know we have stealth, but yours at least has some use. 5 Sec of increased run speed when there are few fights where ppl are stacked enough to us it is weak.

Here are a couple good reasons to use camo:

It is awesome when pulling packs that have casters. You trap one and just stand behind your tank. ALL of the pack comes to you w/o casting and the tank can easily pick them up.

In PvP it is nice because other ranged classes can not initiate combat with you until you are ready (BTW, flare gets rid of it as if it were stealth).

When farming specific bosses it is nice to be able to sneak passed a lot of trash.

It makes me look like a predator!