1. #1

    Quick cloak enchant question

    I'm looking to enchant my cloak (as a holy priest), but I'm not absolutely sure which one to get. My choices are Enchant cloak: greater intellect (+50 int), or Darkglow Embriodery (chance to restore 800 mana). I'm not sure on the mechanics on darkglow embriodery and I'm also not sure how well int factors into my spirit. I currently have 4113 int and 2888 spirit, unbuffed with core of ripeness.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Sorry for the frivolous question

  2. #2
    Epic! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    1,749
    Well the darkglow is being changed to a spirit proc with the next patch and I think it would be your best bet on holy unless I have that totally wrong. I know for my shadow priest I don't put on the 50 int.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal Svenofnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    81
    The cloak enchant is a perk to being a tailor. Not using it is a waste, imo.

  4. #4
    The cloak enchants are generally speaking better (due to, amongst other things, a massive proc rate). That said, if you get to a point where you have enough natural Spirit on your gear (which I imagine will be never due to Reforging), +50 Intellect is better than the other Tailoring cloak enchant-

    What I'm saying here is basically that the Darkglow Embroidery is so powerful that you're most likely going to want to Reforge away a bit Spirit rather than replace it with something else once you have too much mana regeneration simply because it's so effective.

    EDIT: I should point out, this is talking in terms of the 4.0.6 version, which is 500-something Spirit rather than 800 mana. The current version isn't quite as good as you'd think when reading my post.
    Last edited by MushroomBomb; 2011-01-25 at 06:38 AM.

  5. #5
    um.... the best cloak enchant is lightweave embroider if you high enuff tailor level for it by far. 580 intellect proc >

  6. #6
    If you want more mana, take Darkglow. If you want more throughput, use Lightweave. If you want a little bit of both, enchant 50 intellect. However, enchanting either Darkglow or Lightweave will grant you more stats overall, especially once Darkglow is changed to a spirit proc instead of a 800 mana proc.

    For example, the high procrate with the 45s ICD means the Lightweave proc (+580 intellect) averages arround 175 intellect, which is a ton more than 50 intellect. This grants a bit of mana through replenishment, increased spirit regen and other mana regeneration based on max mana. If Darkglow's procrate and ICD are the same, it'll probably be the best choice if you need extra mana, averaging 175 spirit.

  7. #7
    Interesting. And what about Shadow Priests. What should I enchant. Lightweave? Or +50 intellect? I suppose Lightweave.

    And what about Disc priests? Lightweave too?

    But I don't see the +580 Int proc in Lightweave. I see this:

    "Embroiders a subtle pattern of light into your cloak, giving you a chance to increase your spell power by 580 for 15 sec when casting a spell."

    Is it changed in next patch?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Eldarc; 2011-01-25 at 09:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Interesting. And what about Shadow Priests. What should I enchant. Lightweave? Or +50 intellect? I suppose Lightweave.

    And what about Disc priests? Lightweave too?

    But I don't see the +580 Int proc in Lightweave. I see this:

    "Embroiders a subtle pattern of light into your cloak, giving you a chance to increase your spell power by 580 for 15 sec when casting a spell."

    Is it changed in next patch?

    Thanks
    Its actually a tooltip bug. The proc gives 580 intellect, you can check your character sheet (and even your total mana when it procs) to confirm.

    And yes, Shadow should enchant Lightweave, as it is much better than 50 intellect on average.

  9. #9
    Oh, I didn't know this bug. TYSM. And what about disc priests? They love Int too (+15% Int buff), so i guess they should enchant Lightweave too. Am I wrong?

  10. #10
    Dreadlord megrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    763
    The Tailoring cloak enchants are wonderful, it may already be spirit btw, the tool tip say spellpower for the dps tailoring cloak enchant and it actually gives int, but I havent checked the healer one.

    Didn't read the full post, I guess I'm repeating an above post, sorry about that ><

  11. #11
    Int proc is the only way to go.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 90 Priest, Jammbo: 90 Mage, Jambbo: 90 DK, Jammo: 90 Monk, Jamlol: 90 Shaman, etc.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Oh, I didn't know this bug. TYSM. And what about disc priests? They love Int too (+15% Int buff), so i guess they should enchant Lightweave too. Am I wrong?
    Lightweave for disc, definitely.

  13. #13
    Lightweave procs really very often, and I love using it for all priest specs. If you are very desperate for spirit you can use the other one, given that it will be a spirit proc with the next patch. In any other condition, go for lighttweave.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    The Tailoring cloak enchants are wonderful, it may already be spirit btw, the tool tip say spellpower for the dps tailoring cloak enchant and it actually gives int, but I havent checked the healer one.

    Didn't read the full post, I guess I'm repeating an above post, sorry about that ><
    Darkglow will not give 580 spirit until 4.0.6 comes out.

  15. #15
    Another quick question -- Which should I use for healing?

    i.imgur.com/6UcD1.png
    Last edited by yesiammanu; 2011-01-29 at 08:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •