Doing instances on PTR

This is directed to all the people who make premade characters and then go into an instance in PTR.

having full T11 doesn't give you the ability to suddenly be able to plowshare through the heroics, CC is still mandatory, so is skill. (believe it or not, but skill doesn't come with gear, it comes with practice)
    If you don't have atleast the basic knowledge of the class, because you just got a free 85 in t11, i would kindly like to ask to atleast do some research, or try more basic stuff first.
    I've joined multiple groups, of wich 3 were in Stonecore. In wich all tanks feel like disregarding CC and just charging into a group, especially the first few packs with 1 or more earthshapers.
    Then they blame the healer for not being able to heal them or the group, during the AoE phases while still having to keep up the tank.

DPS saying "gogog, we don't need CC, we got best gear", then pull for the tank or DPS every other mob but the skull, is also unecessairy.

The wotlk mentality really needs to go, in every group someone dies due to their own mistake and then leaves, either blaming the healer or the tank right before leaving. I do make mistakes too, and i acknowledge that, i also say when its my bad and take more caution the next time, and so should everyone else.

Scaling has been drasticly reduced in cata, to prevent huge inflation of numbers in the future. Please take precaution when going for heroics in the PTR, they don't give you a easy ticket to victory.

TL: DR?
    Gear =/= Skill
    Cataclysm =/= Wotlk
    CC is still mandatory, atleast for the first few tiers.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

wrong, as rest shaman with only 6 epic i can heal everything without any cc
    edit:guild run tho
    Last edited by Lynixx; 2011-01-26 at 07:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea as a tank/fury player CC is already useless with the exception of the healer pulls of Tol'vir and the earthshakers in stonecore.

I mean hell even with pugs as long as I have a healer and 1 dps that I know are decent I aoe pull every pull other then the 2 I listed lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynixx View Post
    It's not quite the same when you're quite possibly playing with 4 other people that have not the slightest insight on how to possibly play their class/role in the correct fashion or know any of the boss mechanics, along with a lot of unenchanted and/or gemless people who DGAF.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynixx View Post
    im sorry but that just sounded abit retarded.

A guild run doesnt make you superman mate, but i applaud the confidence.

i can easily tank heroics on live on my warrior aswell without CC, in a guildrun.

But this is PTR were talking about, people just suddenly get free 85s with full purples, and they think they are invincible, especially in pugs on premade half the people in the group hardly even know their class, let alone play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupercal View Post
    Yea as a tank/fury player CC is already useless with the exception of the healer pulls of Tol'vir and the earthshakers in stonecore.

I mean hell even with pugs as long as I have a healer and 1 dps that I know are decent I aoe pull every pull other then the 2 I listed lol
    Earthshapers just need to be interrupted, amazing how many people dont know you can.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Earthshapers just need to be interrupted, amazing how many people dont know you can.
    Things like this are a perfect example. Even my guild (which is not all that great) can dispense with long-term CC on 95% of trash packs... but that's because the DPS are burning down the right targets, critical spell casts (like heals or earthshapers transforming) are being interrupted, mobs that enrage are being tranqued, soothed, or stunned....

In short, just because we're not sapping/trapping/sheeping/whatever doesn't mean we aren't controlling the enemies. We're just controlling them while beating them down. There's a vast difference between that, and charging mindlessly in and hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Things like this are a perfect example. Even my guild (which is not all that great) can dispense with long-term CC on 95% of trash packs... but that's because the DPS are burning down the right targets, critical spell casts (like heals or earthshapers transforming) are being interrupted, mobs that enrage are being tranqued, soothed, or stunned....

In short, just because we're not sapping/trapping/sheeping/whatever doesn't mean we aren't controlling the enemies. We're just controlling them while beating them down. There's a vast difference between that, and charging mindlessly in and hoping for the best.
    and thats exactly my point.
    The vast difference between charging in mindlessly and controlling the mobs is to big of a gap for players with little experience with either the people you play with, the class you play with or the instance you are in to fill.

If you rely on random people to do the job you will fail, you need to establish what should be done and when it should be done, being it PTR or live, doesnt matter, but people on PTR tend to think "EASY WIN" because they get free BiS equipment and fail even more miserably.