Deleted

Tips for tanking nefarian (DK)

So, due to a mini tanking crisis in our guild, I'm having to tank neffy on my crappy alt dk (that's done nothing more than Argaloth and a coupla heroics.) I'm tanking neffy the whole way through.

Sitting on 149k HP unbuffed and 26.66% avoidance according to the formula. It's going 'ok', but I just wondered if any friendly DK's had some tips on how to make life on my healer a little easier. I'm popping AMS on the first crackle, IBF on the 2nd, and trying to have either AMS or IBF off cd thereafter for it, and trying to rune tap [glyphed] after each one to heal my group (does it have range to heal the ony tank in p1, and for that matter do my bloodworms?). When she lands for P3, I'm popping both IBF and bone shield whilst positioning her, and trying to use a CD each crackle, although sometimes they aren't quite available. Survivability overall is ok, but is there anything I'm missing?

Ta!

Make sure you have the TB trinket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by curveslol View Post
    Make sure you have the TB trinket!
    Unfortunately I'm neutral with TB, god bless anti magic shell; as I said its a little bit of an emergency situation forcing my ilvl 337 dk in! Thats another question I didn't think of though actually. Currently I'm using the stonecore normal trinket and the black heart toc trinket (for the OP wrath amour values). Is there a better available trinket out there for me? I do have [Impetuous Query] (+285 mastery and 1 min cd of around 1000 parry iirc). in my bags, perhaps this would be better?

Also, vampiric blood glyph for this boss, yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Unfortunately I'm neutral with TB, god bless anti magic shell; as I said its a little bit of an emergency situation forcing my ilvl 337 dk in! Thats another question I didn't think of though actually. Currently I'm using the stonecore normal trinket and the black heart toc trinket (for the OP wrath amour values). Is there a better available trinket out there for me? I do have [Impetuous Query] (+285 mastery and 1 min cd of around 1000 parry iirc). in my bags, perhaps this would be better?

Also, vampiric blood glyph for this boss, yay or nay?
    Just like any dragon, it really isnt the breath it does that is the problem, its the melee swing right after the
    breath lands that usually gibs you. Using your Shell on the 10% explosions is cool and all, but you can also still
    apparently use it to cancel nefarian and onyxias breath casts. When he does the inhail animation, just pop your shell
    and the breath should cancel and free damage is avoided.

P1 is the hard part of the fight, survive that and the fight is not in your hands anymore. A staminatrinket is far more
    useful when you have assgear compaired to the tolbarad one.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) target nef before he actually lands, get 2 icy touches, a rune strike before he's settled, and start running to other end, away from ony asap. You will max range some healers most likely during this, so this is when i icebound fortitude.

2) the breaths dont really hurt a lot, dont waste your antimagic shells on them. wait til 89%, 79, etc, to antimagic shell the electrocute.
    2a. if your framerates go bad during the transition to platforms, get antimagic shell on you when you see the lava rising.

3) if youre part of the interupt rotation on mobs, spec into neverending winter so your rune strikes kick the mobs ass. theres no need to taunt/keep threat on these mobs, they dont melee anybody.

4) last phase, make sure you have threat on nef, cause some of your range may have out threated you while in the air. if youre fine, hug the far back wall so you can give your Kiter tank maximum room possible to utilize. make nef parallel to the wall. you can leave some room between nefarian and the far wall if your whole raid needs to run through the boss to get out of the pink fires.