Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For me it was Kael´thas Sunstrider with T5 gear, we wiped so god damn long on him. And we said, when we cant get him down we havent earned us the right to go BT or Hyjal, it was the time when te pre quests were taken away. After Kael´thas it was Archimonde... "I pushed the god damn Elune thing but it was not active" i heared that so so so often. In WotlK i stopped raiding cause everything was so damn easy in naxx
    (Sry for the bad English)

15+ Year Old Account
    Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (AQ40) C'thun before any nerf. Impossible to kill.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    I hope this is a troll because the fight wasn't that hard just required tank coordination and gearing up 8 tanks.

OT: Archimonde has always been my favorite fight. Not sure why though I guess just because it gave an epic feeling.
    Archie was the very definition of a retard check - all it took was a single bad player in your raid to cause a wipe due to domino effect mechanics involved.
    Ofcourse there are and have always been fights which tested healers, tanks, ranged or melee dps, but imo it was the first fight which really REALLY put a pressure on the individual awareness, survivability and general skill from every single raid member.
    Each time you wnt there with new people in the raid could have been a cake walk or a wipe fest

(+ 15 minute of "tear parachute training" from the nearby cliff prior to progress tries - priceless )

Hardest encounter actually was my raid leader in early TBC. Took a lot of conviction until he allowed me to tank with my paladin. Especially in cases like Nightbane ('but you can't break fear!') or Hydross ('but you can't block him!').

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khornan View Post
    For me it was Kael´thas Sunstrider with T5 gear, we wiped so god damn long on him. And we said, when we cant get him down we havent earned us the right to go BT or Hyjal, it was the time when te pre quests were taken away. After Kael´thas it was Archimonde... "I pushed the god damn Elune thing but it was not active" i heared that so so so often. In WotlK i stopped raiding cause everything was so damn easy in naxx
    (Sry for the bad English)
    The bad english is allright, everyone properly equipped with a thought or two gets your point.

And we hear you. As soon as we got to WotLK, i was looking forward to another hard raid.
    Naxx was an absolute disaster, never tried such an easy raid before, was just a very easy copy of the lvl 60 disaster.
    Ulduar, partly succeeded in making my raid sense challenged, in witch i missed at that point.
    ToTc, well, worst raid ever. Fact. WAY too easy.
    ICC - Fail on all aspects. It's not that LK heroic wasen't a challenge. But 30% buff? No no no, same as putting a aimbot on your aim with 50% increased change of hitting a target in any shooting game. It's easy, and fucking stupid.

That said, i think i've made my point.

Deleted
    Heigan the Unclean.

Learn how to dance, or die... And sadly, not a lot of people are good at dancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Heigan the Unclean.

Learn how to dance, or die... And sadly, not a lot of people are good at dancing.
    You should have seen me dancing in Vanilla then ;-) I still miss 40 fools running below his plateau to dodge Lava Erupts at a much quicker pace than it is in the 10/25 man :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Hardest type? Execution fights.
    Easiest type? DPS races.

Hardest fight? Mu'ru is the only fight I never saw die when he was relevant, so I'll say him.
    Easiest fight? Patchwerk in Naxx10(Wrath)

Deleted
    Sure I saw this thread yesterday, but anyway the hardest boss I actually killed when it was relevant was C'thun. I would say LK25HC but due to guild problems we never downed that in a reasonable time frame

And as for TYPE of fight I agree with above poster, DPS races are definitely simplest

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Astroape View Post
    Archie was the very definition of a retard check - all it took was a single bad player in your raid to cause a wipe due to domino effect mechanics involved.
    Ofcourse there are and have always been fights which tested healers, tanks, ranged or melee dps, but imo it was the first fight which really REALLY put a pressure on the individual awareness, survivability and general skill from every single raid member.
    Each time you wnt there with new people in the raid could have been a cake walk or a wipe fest

(+ 15 minute of "tear parachute training" from the nearby cliff prior to progress tries - priceless )
    Then there'd always be the person who ran back from a wipe and forgot to get new tears, and of course that person would be the one to get launched in the next try and cause another wipe