Deleted

Error #0 (0x85100000) Assertion failure!

This is becoming rather annoying, I patched the game just thirty or so minutes ago and logged in to find my main character had been finally transferred over to the beta after three days and every time I select the Talents and Specialization tab it brings up this error and closes the game: -

This application encountered a critical error:

Error #0 (0x85100000) Assertion failure!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Beta\WoW.exe
    ProcessID: 3816
    File: PortraitButton.cpp
    Line: 1111
    Expr: texFile.Width() == PORTRAIT_SIZE_SMALL

Press OK to terminate the application.

As I'm sure you'll agree this is frustrating having no talents and a specialization to choose to move forward and level with. I'm hoping the community can offer an idea of how to go about dealing with this as the EU Technical Support don't seem to have the relevant skills to offer help or simply can't be bothered to, instead referring to the US Technical Support where they know we can't post anything.

Again, any support you're able to help me with would be entirely grateful. From what I have read so far on the US technical support pages this could just be a Priest issue, but I shall still hold on to someone being able to solve the problem.

Tishii.

Deleted
    Yepp of all the premade characters, it happens only to priest atm tbh :/

Deleted
    I have this problem too, even with non-premade toons. It randomly happen while playing / dongeon / even afk....
    Any news about a way to fix this ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens to me on the beta-copy of my main character as well. It started when I had that quest where you have to kill those turtles for their meat. It's like any time I get near that pond and/or start dpsing one of those turtles, it happens. It's not a graphics settings problem... I tried setting it to low, but nothing changed.

I also deleted cache, wtf and interface folders... no change.

Sigh.

It's gotta be those damned turtles! I can't be on for more than a few mins before it crashes.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

The expression with the problem is noted as texFile.Width() == PORTRAIT_SIZE_SMALL
    Hence, probably the objects of the UI generating mismatch with the new interface that of which exceeds the previosly desinated constant, basically an overflow problem due to a failure in branch-prediction mechanism done for the process.

Send it as a report and it won't be long before they fix it, probably in the next reset.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    The expression with the problem is noted as texFile.Width() == PORTRAIT_SIZE_SMALL
    Hence, probably the objects of the UI generating mismatch with the new interface that of which exceeds the previosly desinated constant, basically an overflow problem due to a failure in branch-prediction mechanism done for the process.
    Did anyone else have a problem understanding that lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehfloof View Post
    Did anyone else have a problem understanding that lol?
    I have a problem understanding why you laughed with a question mark. "Hahaha?" Huh?

If you're a programmer, you would understand that. Some of us are.

Only this is an assertion failure which almost guarantees it's not an overflow issue. Asserts are used to validate a certain condition, value, etc. and are generally used as part of a test suite to pinpoint exactly where a problem is. It's not saying there's a problem with the expression texFile.Width() == PORTRAIT_SIZE_SMALL, rather that texFile.Width() should be equal to PORTRAIT_SIZE_SMALL, but it wasn't.

just wondering if anyone got a fix for this? ive been getting this error everytime the game loads, ie, i cant get into the game after the blue bar loads up.
    Any help on this appreciated.

i was told to switch from using dx9 to dx 11 (under advanced settings) and this seems to fix my problem perfectly.. apparently its a bug for windows 7 and vista users so try it

I'm getting it on my XP machine, so no it's nothing to do with Win7/Vista.

Yes swap to DX11. The error has something to do with the game trying to load a texture. Judging by that it is only affecting people that are inside of buildings my first guess would be that it's the black background on the minimap.

Now, i can see where Dx9 is in advanced settings but, Dx11 isn't showing up. Any idea's why?

Enabling DX11 allowed me to login to beta without crashing, on a character I had crashed on before. However, my graphics card (GTX570) still cannot allow me to play WoW in DX11 mode for more than about 3 min. After that, the driver crashes and reloads. I have resolved myself to playing with DX9 for live, and not even trying to play Dx11 on either live or beta.

If DX11 isn't showing up your graphics card might not support it.

alright thanks, guess im stuck with this error then.........

Deleted
    I'm getting this error all of a sudden and it's when I'm in the Pandaria areas on.