Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face Funniest ban you've seen.

Basicly you just explain your bans and how long and how you got them, I'll go first.
    Just a day ago I got banned for "Participation in discussion of highly inappropriate sexual content", I got banned for 72 hours.

So, this is where I explain what happened It started with someone named Justinbieber entering trade channel and saying Hello. I casually greeted him and offered him some candy if he would enter my van. This involved into a little discussion of my current career as a kidnapper. I replied with "I wouldn't consider it kidnapping, more like misplacing children for a small cash price at their release". And then added "It might involve some sexual content aswell." , 1 hour later I got myself a 72 hour ban and a good laugh when I saw the ban.
    It's a sad but awesome ban, but it still made me laugh for 3 minutes straight. :P

Now it's your turn to share your funny ban moments :P
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Some friends in my current guild has been there for a loong time, and they told me a guy that was in our guild kept reporting another in the guild for minor racism and harsh language repetivelt untill the guy left the server without knowing who reported him.

It's not fun for the guy that was banned, but it's fun for the others that know who reported the guy all the time.

Deleted
    Joking aside, This game has an age rating of 12 in the UK..

So children can play this game...And any predator action in my eyes, either joke or not, would IMHO adhere too a perma-Ban....

10+ Year Old Account
    Scotland, where we talk funny, and slowly kill ourselves with chippy home-deliveries and booze.

I was so proud. I was on holiday for most of my ban, good times.
    ^ _____ ^

Quote Originally Posted by Dubhailt View Post
    I was so proud. I was on holiday for most of my ban, good times.
    This.

SO MUCH WIN SIR!

apparently humor isnt allowed anymore, its trolling XD

/thread

^Pretty much the same as him, was banned from their forums for "trolling". Nothing else but "trolling." I was cracking up when I read it, had to use a friend's account to post until the new ones came out.

Never been banned.

Have gotten a lot of people banned though.

I don't like being harassed.

Like when I was mind controlling Gamon (with exciting NEW Death Knight punting abilities at Wrath launch) and kicking the AH bots away from the auctioneers. Occasionally I would find an actual player. Sometimes he would say mean words. I'd remind him that Gamon is A) Mind Controllable and B) able to kick players so C) clever use of game mechanics. One particular person was incredibly insistent that I go fornicate myself. I jokingly mentioned that "instead of buffing Shadow Priest, they gave us a new puppet so we had something to entertain us while the viable DPS are raiding". He snarkily insinuated that my mother was of ill repute. I alerted him to my distaste on the subject (my mother, not her ill repute), and ignored him. He switched characters to take another shot at her reputation. I reminded him that circumventing ignore for repeated harassment was bannable, assured him that (although his knowledge of my mother was unnatural) the subject was uncomfortable, ignored him, and proceeded to punt him so he couldn't log out (it kept him in combat and constantly interrupted his logout timer). He eventually made it to another alt. And another.

A day later his GM informed me that I was a series of terrible names, and I had just gotten their main tank banned for the weekend raid. The next day, the GM returned on a separate (unbanned) account to inform me that I had just gotten their off-tank banned for the weekend raid.

Two days later, I received many hurtful letters from many guildies explaining how I was a very bad person and their guild is falling apart because of me. It was about this time that a GM informed me that Gamon would not have his punt next patch, as many people have complained about it. I was however, free to "enjoy it while I can", because it IS indeed hilarious, and although he approves, it is impacting the experiences of others in an (arguably) negative way. He assured me that no negative actions would be taken against my account, and he was sorry for the attitude of the recently disbanded guild.

A day after that, I received another letter, this time from the wife of the former GM, saying that both of his accounts were permanently closed for A) continued harassment B) circumventing ignore requests C) directing his guild to harass another player D) ignoring temporary bans and multiple warnings to cease harassment on the innocent, raidless Priest.

She then thanked me for giving him a reason to quit this time sink and spend more time with his five (lawl breeder) children. His combined 200 days /played would now sit, frozen in time, as a testament to my glory.

I then logged out. Took a deep breath, and laughed harder than I ever believed possible.
    Last edited by Abolishment; 2011-01-26 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added bold.

Deleted
    I got a three hour ban, because I was guild master of a guild called "NO DADDY NOT THE FACE".. I got a free name change, but another warning, when I wanted the new name to be "Exalted with R Kelly"...

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    I then logged out. Took a deep breath, and laughed harder than I ever believed possible.
    You are my hero.

Deleted
    To Abolishment

Sir, because this is of awesomeness on an entirely new level I will believe every single word and bow for you!
    Excellent work!

I jokingly mentioned that "instead of buffing Shadow Priest, they gave us a new puppet so we had something to entertain us while the viable DPS are raiding".
    You should be topping damage as shadow priest.

Just saying =)

Abolishment

brilliant.

Deleted
    In TBC there was a bug with the shaman Fire Nova Totem.
    Basically If you hit logout just as your Fire Nova Totem was about to go off it would become neutral and damage your own faction.
    So I went around Org killing all the lowbies/twinks/goldsellers. The 72 hour ban was well worth the nerd rage abuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b`` View Post
    In TBC there was a bug with the shaman Fire Nova Totem.
    Basically If you hit logout just as your Fire Nova Totem was about to go off it would become neutral and damage your own faction.
    So I went around Org killing all the lowbies/twinks/goldsellers. The 72 hour ban was well worth the nerd rage abuse.
    Now that must have been well worth it.

Abolishment: You made my day!

Never been banned.

Have gotten a lot of people banned though.

I don't like being harassed.

Like when I was mind controlling Gamon (with exciting Death Knight punting abilities) and kicking the AH bots away from the auctioneers. Occasionally I would find an actual player. Sometimes he would say mean words. I'd remind him that Gamon is A) Mind Controllable and B) able to kick players so C) clever use of game mechanics. One particular person was incredibly insistent that I go fornicate myself. I jokingly mentioned that "instead of buffing Shadow Priest, they gave us a new puppet so we had something to entertain us while the viable DPS are raiding". He snarkily insinuated that my mother was of ill repute. I alerted him to my distaste on the subject (my mother, not her ill repute), and ignored him. He switched characters to take another shot at her reputation. I reminded him that circumventing ignore for repeated harassment was bannable, assured him that (although his knowledge of my mother was unnatural) the subject was uncomfortable, ignored him, and proceeded to punt him so he couldn't log out (it kept him in combat and constantly interrupted his logout timer). He eventually made it to another alt. And another.

A day later his GM informed me that I was a series of terrible names, and I had just gotten their main tank banned for the weekend raid. The next day, the GM returned on a separate (unbanned) account to inform me that I had just gotten their off-tank banned for the weekend raid.

Two days later, I received many hurtful letters from many guildies explaining how I was a very bad person and their guild is falling apart because of me. It was about this time that a GM informed me that Gamon would not have his punt next patch, as many people have complained about it. I was however, free to "enjoy it while I can", because it IS indeed hilarious, and although he approves, it is impacting the experiences of others in an (arguably) negative way. He assured me that no negative actions would be taken against my account, and he was sorry for the attitude of the recently disbanded guild.

A day after that, I received another letter, this time from the wife of the former GM, saying that both of his accounts were permanently closed for A) continued harassment B) circumventing ignore requests C) directing his guild to harass another player D) ignoring temporary bans and multiple warnings to cease harassment on the innocent, raidless Priest.

She then thanked me for giving him a reason to quit this time sink and spend more time with his five (lawl breeder) children. His combined 200 days /played would now sit, frozen in time, as a testament to my glory.

This entire story is a lie.

Deleted
    my account got hacked, blizz reseted password asap.. i tried to log in and then i figured out my acc is banned for 24 hours (got mail afterwards) ... gg

Deleted
    The only time i was banned was for 24h, they banned me for having a virus on my computor....

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Personally, I don't care if it's true or not.
    It's still awesome.
    Unfortunately, we do not live in a world where we are graced with the notion of accepting people's word at face-value.

Everything is a lie until proven true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    Everything is a lie until proven true.
    But there is no logout timer when your character is in a Resting State (IE: In Capital Cities or Inn's).

Anyway, a college of mine was once banned because, and I quote:
    "For abusing your Fel Hunter multiple times".
    Dawwwwwww